Pet Shop Boys | Page 248 | The Popjustice Forum

Pet Shop Boys

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Popjustice, Mar 5, 2009.

1. I love Hotspot, and actually am glad this got bumped because I haven't played it in a year. The quality this late into their career... legends.

Luc, chanex, 4Roses and 12 others like this.
  2. Yeah, I loved it too. I get why others weren't keen, but it hit the spot for me. I can't get over how fantastic they continue to be this far into their stellar career.

magictreehouse likes this.
  3. Now this sounds interesting.

4. I'm here for this, I wonder if this is the reason Soft Cells album was delayed.

andymc35 and Humanracin like this.
  5. Food for thought: Soft Cell had to die so that Pet Shop Boys could exist.

andymc35 and Poker Pro like this.
  6. Yes I suspect this is the case, Marc mentioned that they were updating a couple of tracks on the album.

andymc35 and AshtrayHeart like this.
  7. Back in 2002 I was on the Pet Shop Boys mailing list and was sent the bright pink slipcase for the Home and dry singles set. Today, twenty years later, I finally completed the package with the DVD.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
    WhipperSnapper, hownee, jtm and 4 others like this.
  8. This is going to be incredible isn't it?

Humanracin and lutz like this.
  9. Hinting at a new video! Everything points to it being for the Soft Cell collab.

The original pre-PSB version of the track apparently leaked a while ago, I wonder what kind of vibe goes with a pub video...

10. Jesus, Neil, you know I love you but that is NOT how to pour a pint of stout! And on St. Patrick's Day, too. For shame.

11. It was recorded weeks ago, though! (A calendar in the picture shows February 4, to be exact.)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    VivaForever likes this.
  12. Neil Tennant...man of the people...I hope he served them Tennant's lager....

idratherjack likes this.
  13. This artwork is desperately bad though. Come on!

Future Lover likes this.
  14. TrendyMüller likes this.
  15. That sounds horrible. The live version I've heard today at least had a semblance of melody, which this remix totally nukes.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    TrendyMüller likes this.
  16. Is that remix in any way official? It sounds like some amateur mash-up (me) using a looped drum from an old Bobby O.-PSB demo and plonking badly separated vocals from another track on top. It´s shockingly bad...and the original song is not much better. Why are they doing this?
    I´m never one to shout "they´re ruining their legacy", but they are slowly getting there.

17. There is no way that's official. He has 240 Twitter followers. He also has no talent.

TrendyMüller likes this.
  18. I'm not gonna go with "ruined legacy" just yet. More of a helping hand to a band they see as an early influence, and a little side-project before the tour. Considering the amount of remixes they've done recently, it could easily be a way to squeeze out a "Disco 5" too, with these new remixes, some of their old ones, and maybe an surprise new bonus track somewhere in the middle?

moorje likes this.
  19. I have 79 Twitter followers and loads of talent.

nostalgiakills, lutz and moorje like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.