Petite Meller - Aeroplane (new single) | Page 18 | The Popjustice Forum

Petite Meller - Aeroplane (new single)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Xanax, Sep 14, 2014.

1. I’m so excited!

andru likes this.
  2. Island

Island Staff Member

Milk Bath and America are lovely, as well.

Pinky25 and andru like this.
  3. America, Baby Love and Backpack are probably my favorites on the album.

andru and blissteria like this.
  4. Excellent news to see she's bringing new material out. I thoroughly enjoyed Lil' Empire but with no real commercial success I figured she'd just be a full time model. Looking forward to this.

Pinky25 and andru like this.
  5. Milk Bath has one of the best choruses I've heard maybe ever. The whole album is so easy to listen to and so uplifting. Even the booklet for the CD is amazing. "Grace" is a weird experiment that just doesn't work, though. Sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm fine getting any music from her at all.

AndrewX and andru like this.
  6. Petite's management replied to my tweet asking if she was still signed to Island Records and they confirmed she isn't anymore. I wonder where she ended up for this new release.

Also, she put up that the new single will be released June 21st. Not that much longer now!

Oleander, andru and Island like this.
  7. Possibly a little tease of Aeroplane?

AndrewX and Oleander like this.
  8. Dddd I was just thinking about her debut the other day and couldn't remember her name. Perched for new music though.

Oleander and andru like this.

9. It's very uptempo! It wouldn't sound out of place on Lil Empire, but feels like it's taking a slightly different approach to the typical Petite Meller sound than most of that album. It looks like an independent release too - (c)(p) Petite Meller.

"The way my body goes, high and low, around the globe/The way my body goes, like an aeroplane, coast to coast."

10. Also includes lyrics in Portuguese. Madame X's daughter.

andru likes this.
  11. Ooh this is very good! It sounds a little less scandi-pop this time around.

andru likes this.
  12. Island

Island Staff Member

Oh my god this is such a bubbly bop!

andru likes this.
  13. It's a banger!

andru likes this.
  14. man.tis.shrimp, andru and Oleander like this.
  15. We love a multicultural bop!

16. I like it, and I'm glad I do, as I didn't really feel much from the album.

17. Island

Island Staff Member

I’m still scared for the Diane Warren song.

AndrewX and andru like this.
  18. I'm wondering if it will be on the album. Just some speculating but I bet she recorded that while she was still with Island Records.

andru and Island like this.
  19. Island

Island Staff Member

She brought it up in a recent interview so there's still a possibly that it could be included on the album.

andru and AndrewX like this.
  20. Hmm, I wouldn't have thought that an independent Petite would have been on Diane's radar. Nonetheless, I don't think it can be any worse than what Shamir wrote for her. It was a complete dud.

*Edit*
    @Island Did you see Petite's Instagram story today? She had a picture up of Diane Warren. I guess it's going to be on the album. I'm hoping we get something along the lines of Paloma's Only Love Can Hurt Like This.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    andru and Island like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.