Phil Collins - General Discussion (a/k/a Ed Sheeran is a stain on music itself) | Page 16 | The Popjustice Forum

Phil Collins - General Discussion (a/k/a Ed Sheeran is a stain on music itself)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, May 22, 2019.

1. [​IMG]

2. I refuse to listen to any of it but I just saw these are lyrics from the Stormzy track -

"Cause I haven’t been home in time, yes, I / But that’s my fault / Grossed half a billi’ on the Divide Tour / Yes, I ain’t kidding, what would I lie for?”

King of bragging. I'm just going to guess by the title (Take Me Back To London) that he's singing about how much he misses the streets and being poor and being a nobody and that he hates the L.A lifestyle and being rich and famous? And 'Antisocial' with Travis Scott is probably along the same lines as the Khalid track with him talking about how much of an outcast he is?

3. I refuse to click play. I don't need this in my life.

4. I couldn't find any review of the album. Did the label blocked them?

I only found one from The Sun (I know I know) but I will copy-paste it here because it's lowkey ridiculous.

A riot.

5. This piss stain is trending on Twitter.

stuaw likes this.
  6. My jaw actually dropped reading the South of the Border lyrics. Like, who thought that was a good idea in 2019?

OceanNight, superultra and stuaw like this.
  7. He’s not even from London nor does he really live there - he spends most of his time in Suffolk.... lies upon lies hahahah

8. @ me when the Pitchfork review drops

[​IMG]

9. Cardi saying, "I think that Ed got a little jungle fever" is... well... bye.

10. Cross Me
    Beautiful People
    South Of The Border
    Antisocial
    Way To Break My Heart

the rest I can pretty much take or leave

11. Hoping for a nice bit of overexposure with this mediocre release that will result in the next proper era being the one that is too much for ‚the general public‘.

12. Are his last two pre release tracks not still tanking a biT on Spotify? Maybe we’re already getting there.

[​IMG]

13. I’m leaving the entire album but you do you.

jawow_, Bobbyrae, Kuhleezi and 3 others like this.
  14. Imagine willingly listening to this.
    [​IMG]

15. I like Stormzy's rap on Take Me Back to London but Cross Me is the only tolerable song here.

mcuk likes this.
  16. Proud to say I’ve heard approximately nothing from this era.

17. Same, a radio station played the Bruno track but I put on my music instead.

mcuk likes this.
  18. [​IMG]

19. So many icons on display! The taste! The rebellion!

20. I don’t usually pay attention to his albums but did enjoy this when I gave it a spin earlier.

It has many of the same melodies that we are used to (the hook from London Town is very Shape Of You) but the collaborations and slightly dark hip-hop vibe keep it interesting. This hip-pop hybrid seems to be where music is at right now.

Adora Day likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.