Phil Collins - General Discussion (a/k/a Ed Sheeran is a stain on music itself) | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Phil Collins - General Discussion (a/k/a Ed Sheeran is a stain on music itself)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, May 22, 2019.

1. The album is out 12 July, it’s going to be in the top 10 for the next 5 years isn’t it.

Rafa_el and baxterclan like this.
  2. Nah it’s Travis Scott who’s on that track

Esmee's Dentist and aux like this.
  3. Fingers crossed for the following
    • ft. Steps,
    • ft. Hilary Duff
    • ft. Carly Rae Jepson
    • ft. Victoria Beckham
    • ft. Louise.
    • ft Abs from 5ive

4. This is absolute trash! Like, the individual parts don't hang together at all, it's so disjointed. Mess. I Don't Care is infinitely better.

5. Cross Me actually isn't too bad. Of course it's not the masterpiece that the locals will make it out to be, but at least it's better than I Don't Care. I would rather be forced into hearing this all summer than the former.

6. It's literally the white boy version of Pray For Me. I'm here for it.

Conan likes this.
  7. I low-key like it but I can’t imagine it’s what my mother, my sister, my uncle or my neighbour want from him.

8. Wonder if Halsey is one of the collabs? Maybe Normani?

9. Keep our faves away from this!

KingBruno, dylbop, Jonathan27 and 5 others like this.
  10. Having them featured would be a hate crime. The album itself will be a hate crime. Ed Sheeran is a hate crime.

11. I think the collaborators will just be a random list of acts are big/cool-but-still-GP-friendly at the moment, so I definitely thought of those two too. Ariana and SZA are another two I'd thought of, but at least SZA thankfully doesn't seem to be involved. It'd be nice if he used this project to boost some lesser known acts, but it is Ed Sheeran, so anyone who isn't already pulling huge numbers on Spotify isn't likely to be involved.

12. PnB rock isn't exactly a big name and certainly not someone who pulls streams. Even the official Shape of You remix was done by Stormzy when he could have gotten any rapper he wanted. I think there will be a few lesser-known acts on there.

13. Well, PnB Rock's last album charted at #4 and he has nealy 9 million monthly listeners on Spotify, and as far as I know Stormzy is pretty much the biggest UK rapper right now, so I wouldn't really call either of them lesser-known acts.

Still, at least that the fact that a lot of superior acts will profit from Ed's popularity thanks to this project is great, even if the music ends up being mostly crap.

14. Lewis Capaldi is ‘relatable’ cause he tells these fucking awful stories about never sending dick pics on tinder and the reason people eat it up is because he’s scottish and his accent is like crack to some people

15. Is Cardi B on this thing?

16. I want Taylor Swift on this

17. She can hop on my thing

18. These comments...
    [​IMG]

19. My posts never get likes but only the replies to my posts

poploz, Verandi and Booers like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.