Phobias | The Popjustice Forum

Phobias

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by robots need oil, Mar 7, 2008.

1. (need help for another project!)

does anyone have any weird phobias?? like reeeeeeaaaaaaallyyyyy weird ones?

i have one, i will explain it later (when i have more time)

it'd be interesting to know if you have any odd ones!

2. Mine is REALLY odd, no one ever believes me!

It is... seeing or hearing anyone but me brush their teeth. Any toothpaste adverts on TV are just awful, and it's the only part of reality shows like Big Brother that I have to turn over.

3. I have a phobia of statues, which my friends think is weird. I just hate looking up at them, it makes me physically shuddder and just feel panicky and scared for some reason. It's difficult to explain. I get the same feeling from looking up at tall buildings from below too, I just can't do it.

4. Not particularly a phobia, but feet disgust me.

5. BachelorNo2

BachelorNo2 Guest

Feet scare the absolute shit out of me. Someone once put theirs in my face once and I nearly died (and vomited).

Mine are pretty standard, heights, spiders, snakes, needles, flying. My fear of heights is pretty bad, panic attack levels and such like.

6. Rats and Crocodiles/Aligaters.

Milky x

7. Mine is vomiting. And I don't just mean I worry when I feel ill that I'll be sick, it's all day, every day, in the back of my mind I'm always worrying I'm going to be sick. I'm better than I used to be, but it makes eating in a restaurant a bit rubbish sometimes.

Might not be very weird though.

8. That is extremely strange. You mean to say that you ALWAYS feel like you might be sick even when you are not ill?? That must be a terrible worry. I can totally understand why you'd be reluctant to eat out too. Have you always been like this or is it something that has started recently??

Milky x

9. It's more that if I eat something, it's always in the back of my mind that it might make me poorly. And as the majority of us eat three meals a day and snacks, that's a lot of panic! And if my tummy even has the vaguest odd feeling, in my mind, I must be about to be sick. It's been this way since I was about 14 - oddly enough it seemed to start when I was going out to clubs and seeing people be sick - it seemed to set something off in my brain. It's why I'm teetotal, I associate drinking with honking - even though I know they're not directly connected.

I have genuinely considered hynotherapy to try and stop it.

10. Wenchy, love?

You're a fucking freak.

I don't have any phobias, thankfully - like, to the point where I'd become debilitated if confronted with something - but snakes scare me, as do heights (but only when I'm on a ladder, weirdly), and what I call 'dead hair' (i.e. hair that's not attached to anything). If there's hair in a plug hole or anything and I have to touch it, it makes me retch. Even just one strand of stray hair that's not mine makes my skin crawl. Horrible! (Actually, does that count as a phobia?)

11. BachelorNo2

BachelorNo2 Guest

So you send me up a ladder who is terrified of all heights and then shake the fucker. Cunt.

12. I get that, even if it's one of my own hairs I retch if I have to touch it. Ugh. The worst feeling is a hair caught between your toes somehow, I actually vomited last time that happened! Ick. I use Veet hair removing cream stuff in plugholes so I don't have to do it manually. Works like a charm!

13. Oooh, we have something similar in the bathroom. I'll remember that one (and probably get killed by my mother).

Erm, we were students. It was like going to Alton Towers without spending any money.

14. BachelorNo2

BachelorNo2 Guest

No. We were pissed on my 21st birthday at 2 in the afternoon and you wanted to try and kill me.

15. *hangs head in shame*

*cries*

*worries she might vomit from crying*

16. Don't you dare try and take away from the fact that I was trying to compensate for the fact that I couldn't take you out to a theme park for your birthday. How dare you piss on my generosity!?

17. BachelorNo2

BachelorNo2 Guest

Don't you dare make yourself out to look like a saint! You didn't even attempt to do anything special apart from us getting hammered and watching the Anastacia DVD, which, fact fans, is much better when you're off your tits.

Anyway, I once knew someone that was scared of copper coins. He couldn't have them in his pocket or be anywhere near them. I once made him a drink and put one in the bottom, and one time while he slept I put some under the pillow case where he was lying and then in the morning pulled them out. Does that make me evil?

18. I absolutely hate vomiting, I can only vom if I'm really drunk (and have only done so twice in my life because of booze). I did used to worry about food not being fresh or cooked properly so I sympathise with Wenchy.

19. I used to have a weird thing where I felt sick eating food that had been prepared by anyone else except my mum, myself or a restaurant. Like, when I was a kid I couldn't go to a friend's house "for tea" as I refused to eat the food. I also don't like using "unfamiliar" crockery at other people's houses etc, it makes me feel a little uneasy. I still feel this way to a certain extent, but can overcome it if I put the idea to the back of my mind. If I start thinking about it actively, I can't eat the food.

20. Yay @ SuperCracko and Lisa for getting it a bit! Joy!

My bloke gets a bit tiffy with me as I can't eat anything that looks off, and even if it's something harmless like a yoghurt, I won't eat it if it's out of date.

I'm also weird with other people's food, and especially their cutlery. Plates were fine, it was the cutlery. If I've washed it myself, fine, but anyone else, not a chance. I've had to get over it a bit to an extent, but I do have to steel (arf) myself to use random cutlery. Yet at a restaurant it's fine - it's the food itself when I'm out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.