Phoebe Bridgers - Punisher | The Popjustice Forum

Phoebe Bridgers - Punisher

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by pedroleum, Feb 2, 2018.

1. My favourite album of 2017 was discovered in 2018. Lovely, sad indie pop. Anyone else a fan?

tea, constantino, TroubleClef and 5 others like this.
  2. Love this record - Me and My Dog is the highlight.

3. I love Lucy Dacus and Have become more and more of a Phoebe fan. Excited to dive into the boygenius album! “Killer” by Phoebe always gets me

4. Motion Sickness is absolutely fantastic but I found the rest of the album to,be a bit singer/songwriter for my tastes.

5. I've become obsessed with this album overnight.

tea, constantino, slaybellz and 2 others like this.
  6. Thanks for bumping this thread otherwise I would have never listened to this.

It is just the right melancholy I was looking for. AMAZING.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  7. Looks like she's about to release a project she did with Conor Oberst. Their band name seems to be Better Oblivion Community Center and they're performing on Colbert tonight.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  8. Phoebe's is my favourite album of the last 2/3 years. Smoke Signals is my fav song of hers. but she has no bad songs

9. I was looking at their twitter and the whole concept looks very cult-y. I love it. Interested to hear what it will sound like.

Both "Stranger in the Alps" and the "boygenius" EP are fantastic.

10. Full album is out now.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  11. Maybe this is first listen haze but I LOVE IT. There's a lot of Phoebe to love.

12. Meh not really feeling it unfortunately. Forest Lawn is nice.

13. Not even Didn't Know What I Was In For? It basically could have been lifted from her solo album.

The album loses me a bit towards the end but there's enough highlights here to tide me over 'til the next solo album.

14. I think it's cause I don't really like the guy's voice. Kinda brings the whole thing down for me.

15. I can't stop playing this.

16. I can’t believe how much this album is feeding my mopey binch energy. Every song is a 10 teebs.

xOJakeXo likes this.

17. This is a timely exposé as I just recently discovered that "Motion Sickness" was about him, and that he was the reason Mandy Moore disappeared from music for all these years.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.