Pics of Madonna looking scary at the R&R Hall of Fame event

K

KaMZ

My Blake Incarcerated said:
Kirkland said:
but then which current female in pop music hasn't been influenced by Madonna?

Gwen Stefani?

She's one of the biggest wannabes actually. She worked with Nellee Hooper and Dallas Austing a decade after Madge used them on "Bedtime Stories" and then there's this new photoshoot she did and one of the pictures where she looks like a harlequin is almost identical to one Madonna has shot a long time ago.

http://popbytes.com/archive/2008/02/gwen_stefani_the_full_v_magazine_editorial_spread.shtml

I think shes looks nice. . but why is Justin theres - hes so annoying and Im quite angry with Madge coz her appeal to me was that she was always a grounbreaking arists who broke barriers and set the trends,nowadays she simply going along with the trends to fit in.

I think being a popstar these days, it's quite hard NOT to be heavily influenced by either Madonna or Michael Jackson. They're the two groundbreakers that turned the pop industry into what it is today. Britney has heavy lashings of Madonna in her back catalogue - the Onyx Hotel Tour had many Madonna-esque moments.

Madonna has ALWAYS emulated the success of other people. The original look was ripped straight from new wave/punk. One look at the Material Girl video shows you where she was headed next. I don't think she's ever tried to emulate Britney as much as she has tried to associate herself with some of Britney's success. If Britney has ripped off anyone in her rise to fame however, it's not Madge but Tiffany.

Justin needs to shut up. He's got a huge backlash heading his way and if he's not careful he's not going to recover from it.

K

KaMZ

Get out of my face said:
Britney has never been a Madonna wanna be at all, she has always done her own thing.

Uhm....she's quite a huge Madonna fan and even performed "Material Girl" and "Vogue during her very 1st Tour. Even if she never aimed to be like her, there's no denying that she was at least subconciousley emulating her idols Madona and Janet.

Aamyko said:
The last 2 pics of her looking smiley are quite scary but I can't even begin to imagine the pressure she must put on herself to stay young and to be relevant. I mean this working with Timberlake and stuff keeps her young and her music as well. I think society DEMANDS Madonna to look amazingly young, fresh and beautiful just cos she's Madonna. I mean seriously would we all want to see her singing "Erotica" on stage with her tits in her platforms and a raisiny face? I think not....

08_03_11_06_l.jpg

This is my favorite pic.... it's very "what'chu talkin' about willis?"
U know there was somthing going on that she wasn't havin!
justin looks just retarded...what an up the ass smile that is

KaMZ said:
Get out of my face said:
Britney has never been a Madonna wanna be at all, she has always done her own thing.

Uhm....she's quite a huge Madonna fan and even performed "Material Girl" and "Vogue during her very 1st Tour. Even if she never aimed to be like her, there's no denying that she was at least subconciousley emulating her idols Madona and Janet.

She's gone on record as saying that Madonna and Janet influenced her, I'm sure. Even her dancing style is very Janet-like.

D

debord

Madonna more than anyone else blazed the trail that Britney, Gwen, Kylie etc have followed. The fact that she has sometimes used the same producers as them is a pretty miniscule one. It's like saying Paul McCartney would be copying Oasis if he worked with their producer. Perhaps they would have influenced his decision to do that, but it doesn't change the fact that they wouldn't even exist in that form but for him.

V

Victor Fairbanks

well, truth is, she does look great, I think 50 is not that old anyway, with a good diet and exercise, anyone can still look attractive and energetic, of course some peelinng, dermabrasion, and eye lid correction makes her look that extra bit fresher, but I don't think she had a facelift or anything.

I think too many people think "oh well, i am past 40 now so let's just become boring and stop taking care of myself" Madonna defies this silly obsession with young age being the only legitimate excuse of self expression and beauty.

Madonna never was a classical beauty but she has managed to become more and more toned and beautiful through damn hard work and discipline.

She's a role model, I know i've stopped eating junk food alltogether and madonna has been a true inspiration for over 25 years now, and I am sure will be for another 25 and more.

Even her spiritual ramblings start making more and more sense too.

Here's her acceptance speech at the R&R hall of fame

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b42_1205245575

I love her messages, "always believe in yourself, and see dissers as a challenge to better yourself, never give up!"

That is what has made Madonna the powerhouse of a woman she is today.

Dumper Is My Lover said:
Madonna has ALWAYS emulated the success of other people. The original look was ripped straight from new wave/punk.

She was doing that at the same moment as new wave. She was a part of that in a way. Saying she ripped it off is like saying Duran ripped it off. Now, Marilyn Monroe, clearly, she ripped off that look, but the message was different than what Marilyn stood for.

It's irrelevant I suppose. She made each look her own. There is no one who can really move so easily from persona to persona. Can you imagine Gwendolyn or Britney trying to do a goth Frozen thing? Madonna's more like a female Bowie.

She looks like she's had something done but surely there hasn't been enough time for her to have anything major as barely a week or day goes by without a photo of her coming out her gym unless it was a cunning decoy while she got over a face lift somewhere.

C

CheapPop

xolondon said:
Dumper Is My Lover said:
Madonna has ALWAYS emulated the success of other people. The original look was ripped straight from new wave/punk.

She was doing that at the same moment as new wave. She was a part of that in a way. Saying she ripped it off is like saying Duran ripped it off. Now, Marilyn Monroe, clearly, she ripped off that look, but the message was different than what Marilyn stood for.

It's irrelevant I suppose. She made each look her own. There is no one who can really move so easily from persona to persona. Can you imagine Gwendolyn or Britney trying to do a goth Frozen thing? Madonna's more like a female Bowie.

And Marilyn Monroe ripped off Jean Harlow.

KaMZ said:
Get out of my face said:

Paying homage and being a wannabe are very different things. I can't think of one thing that Britney and Madonna have in common except that they are both the female pop icons of their generation. Britneys music is nothing like Madonna's and her choreography has always been far more intricate and powerful than Madonna's in her heyday.

it's worth noting that Madonna's original, street-urchin look was in fact perfect by Bananarama long before she brought it to the cultural masses...

that said, I agree with XO. Madonna made each look, and sound, her own. she is the master of change in pop; nothing she has done is truly revolutionary except for the art of being Madonna.

can you imagine a world without her? you really cant say the same for any of her pop princess peers.

Justin is the biggest wannabe of them all! His albums have Blatantly ripped off the MJ and Prince sound. Ugh he makes my skin crawl!

Some of you need to lighten up. I reckon Britney would be the first to say she's a Madonna wannabe - she's a huge fan and never made a secret of that fact. And I don't really think Timberlake meant the comment as an insult, and don't think it was one anyway.

S

someboy0716

diamond doggie bag said:
Some of you need to lighten up. I reckon Britney would be the first to say she's a Madonna wannabe - she's a huge fan and never made a secret of that fact. And I don't really think Timberlake meant the comment as an insult, and don't think it was one anyway.

I have to agree with you, although I still hold that the comments were unnecessary, but I acknowledge I'm incredibly biased when it comes to all issues Britney and Justin.

C

CheapPop

Pelican08 said:
Justin is the biggest wannabe of them all! His albums have Blatantly ripped off the MJ and Prince sound. Ugh he makes my skin crawl!

Ditto.

Why did Madonna forget to thank Jellybean (Holiday), Steve Bray (Into the Groove) and Shep Pettibone (Vogue) in her speech? But she thanked Timberlake? WTF???

K

KaMZ

I haven't seen the full speech yet, but she forgot to thank Shep?! He definied her sound for quite a long time, starting with the "Express Yourself" Remix in '89, "Vogue" in 1990, mixing the "Immaculate Collection" and then "Erotica" in '92 and she also worked with him on some of the demos from "Bedtime Stories" in '94. I surely would be pissed, poor guy.

D

debord

I thought it was pretty well known that Shep Pettibone reacted badly to being ditched from 'Bedtime Stories', went around falsely telling people he'd co-wrote most of the songs on it and generally being a bitter idiot? I'm not remotely surprised she left him out. She also left out her first manager, Camille Barbone, whom she had a quite bitter break with. And Jellybean, and Bray and BLAH BLAH.

But you know what folks? The night was about MADONNA, not every single person whom she has ever worked with. If you look at some of the other speeches she certainly thanked more people by name than the other inductees.