Pink - General Discussion | The Popjustice Forum

Pink - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by iamsuperpop, Jun 20, 2006.

1. I just bought "Pink Live In the U.K." and I simply adore it, it's completely live, it's a full on pop/rock show. For those of you who don't know the details of her attack on Christina Auilera, there's blow up dolls of all the marmalade girls. Pink gets it on with the Christina one. And then the damn music stops as she sings a song or talks to Christina. But it's all censored! Drove me fucking crazy. Does anyone know what's going on at that part? anyone go to that show or any of them?

2. what the fuck? this is out? Ok this is ridiculous. In 2 weeks away from the net and pop in general Madonna and Paris Hilton both have new videos out, Nelly Furtado and Dannii Minogue release new albums, Britney does a really heartfelt and important (for her) interview, Justin, Xtina and Beyonce all begin buzz on new stuff, the MTV Movie Awards take placea and this gets released.
    Wow.

3. Steve

Steve Guest

I haven't seen this anywhere in the UK - I know it came out a few weeks back in the USA and Europe, so I don't know why it's not come out here yet!

4. It's really good, one of the best live dvds I own. And she covers alot of her material from Can't take me home to Last to know.

5. I haven't got this. Yet.

Please don't tell me they censored out P!nk singing a bit of "Beautiful" to the Christina doll though?

6. That's what she's doing? It's all censored, she talks shit and then it flashes big on the screen "CENSORED" and then the audio fades out...and you sit in silence. I'm glad that's what's going on.Way to go PINK!

7. U + Ur Hand will be the third single worldwide and in the US it seems (according to Dr Luke - who posts regularly at the Pulse Music Board). P!nk herself has openly expressed in early "I'm Not Dead" promo interviews that she didn't anticipate this ending up a single (in spite the fact the video was made alongside "Stupid Girls") and she's yet to sing it live or at any of her concerts, so this looks like the label is finally stepping in to sort the singles situation out (which is pretty dire in the US, but doing well everywhere else).

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2020
  8. That's funny that they'd even pretend like their not gonn release another max martin track, i figured it would be that or "cuz i can." Do we know what the video concept is or will be? Excited, this is an edgy track for radio.

9. I'm glad cos I f-u-c-k-i-n-g love this song, along with 'Cuz I Can' they are both two of my favourites from the album.

10. Steve

Steve Guest

The album is quite brilliant, but it's doing very poorly in the USA; it's hard to believe they've even bothered sending "Who Knew" to radio, judging by how badly it's doing, so I'm glad they're moving on and bringing out the big guns for the third single.

11. I wish they were releasing "Cuz I Can" instead of "U + Ur Hand". Both brilliant songs, but I just cannot stop singing the chorus to The Veronicas "4Ever" whenever "U + Ur Hand" is played.

12. It seems as though MTV is giving "Who Knew" some backing...everytime I turn on MTV Hits they're playing the damn video.

13. Rob

Rob

Love this, but it's just so familiar to Since U Been Gone and 4Eva

14. Even though it sounds like other Max Martin songs, it has an edge that cannot be pulled off by anyone else. Not even Kelly Clarkson, not the Veronicas...and not Britney. So it's cool that a song with this message and flair is gonna get some attention.

I hope the video follows the songs. P!nk will look hot!

15. The video is pink wearing a helmet and leather motorbike kinda stuff in a garage... there might be more to it, but on the Dual Disc, the DVD had an interview with her on set of the video.

There is a small clip of the video on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg9AlrzBQFw

16. I have the dual disc and never noticed...that's my mission tonight.

17. There's much more to the video than that look. She was moaning in one of the early MTV articles on the album that she didn't enjoy having to be made-up so much for the different looks she has in the video - there's a photo that's been doing the rounds on the net for a while too where she has red hair. The budget of the video is supposedly pretty similar to that of "Stupid Girls" (whereas "Who Knew" seemed a bit cheap) although apparently there's not much of a real plot to it.

18. someboy0716

someboy0716 Guest

It might be more successful than 4Eva though, P!nk is a more established artist, so that might help the song. It is good too.

19. Steve

Steve Guest

"4ever" hasn't been released in the UK, and a lot of other European countries yet, so my only worry is that when they do launch, they will be seen as the ones ripping P!nk off.

20. 4Eva?
    U + Ur Hand?
    Cuz I can?

I've not heard these songs but I already hate them because of their titles.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.