Pink - Hurts 2B Human

Status
Not open for further replies.
he/him
I'm Not Dead is clearly her best, people. Stupid Girls is that problematique bop (and only enhanced by the lipsync performance on Drag Race), Who Knew and U + Ur Hand are career best singles. Long Way To Happy, the title track, Runaway, The One That Got Away, I Got Money Now, Conversations..., Fingers are all brilliant album tracks. Even the b-sides are pretty good. The one era where I was a Little P!nkster.

Staff member
If i had my way. The following acts who in my opinion have made a undeniable impact to british music in the UK should would have won Outstanding Contribution to Music at the Brits over the last 20 years:
  • Coldplay
  • Adele
  • Kylie Minogue
  • Spice Girls
  • The Beatles
  • Robbie Williams
  • Dido
  • ABBA
  • Pink
  • Britney Spears
  • Take That
  • Oasis
  • George Michael
  • Beyonce
  • Paul McCartney
  • Michael Buble
  • Shania Twain
  • Elton John
  • Ed Sheeran
  • Kelly Clarkson
I considered Amy Winehouse and Sam Smith, but i feel they didn't release enough music yet. I couldn't quite get there with Mariah Carey, Cliff Richard or Tom Jones. I even pondered Westlife, they have had a long career...but then we could make a case for other pop acts too Girls Aloud, S Club 7, Steps, One Direction and besides they are hit and miss at times.

You couldn't 'get there' for Mariah but you could for...Dido???

Please.

I decided to have a P!nk afternoon and I'm reminded how much I hate that Greatest Hits... So Far track list, it's far too heavy on Funhouse and neglects several bops. Ideal track list:

1.) There You Go
2.) Most Girls
3.) Get the Party Started
4.) Don't Let Me Get Me
5.) Just Like a Pill
6.) Feel Good Time
7.) Trouble
8.) God Is a DJ
9.) Stupid Girls
10.) Who Knew
11.) U+Ur Hand
12.) So What
13.) Sober
14.) Please Don't Leave Me
15.) Raise Your Glass
16.) F**kin Perfect
17.) Whataya Want From Me

I still feel like the universal acclaim to that Grammy's performance of Glitter in the Air convinced her that was the P!nk the geepee wanted, meanwhile I've always found the song mediocre and the performance was impressive because it was a new approach. Of course as she got older and happier she was going to serve less Missundaztood's, but Try This was such a fun album and it still holds up so you don't need to be miserable or tap into deep emotions to deliver.

he / him
Well I mean that performance was categoricallly one of the greatest performances of all time, and was a pinnacle moment in her career as to telling the general public and her fellow artists to take her seriously. It was a once-in-a-lifetime performance because nobody had ever done that before, she proved she has the excellent performance skills no matter what she is doing and it was a gorgeous, bare bones ballad that highlighted her voice alone. ‘Someone Like You’ had its own moment for similar reasons, so I don’t think you can separate everything so simply.

TL;DR: of course her performance informs her career now. I’d argue that ‘Glitter...’ performance is the entire reason she’s still here now.

I decided to have a P!nk afternoon and I'm reminded how much I hate that Greatest Hits... So Far track list, it's far too heavy on Funhouse and neglects several bops. Ideal track list:

1.) There You Go
2.) Most Girls
3.) Get the Party Started
4.) Don't Let Me Get Me
5.) Just Like a Pill
6.) Feel Good Time
7.) Trouble
8.) God Is a DJ
9.) Stupid Girls
10.) Who Knew
11.) U+Ur Hand
12.) So What
13.) Sober
14.) Please Don't Leave Me
15.) Raise Your Glass
16.) F**kin Perfect
17.) Whataya Want From Me

That’s the great thing with iTunes playlists. You can rectify the mistakes of not including Last To Know and You Make Me Sick and just keep adding the singles as they come along.

I am screwing that they messed up Secrets.

Well I mean that performance was categoricallly one of the greatest performances of all time, and was a pinnacle moment in her career as to telling the general public and her fellow artists to take her seriously. It was a once-in-a-lifetime performance because nobody had ever done that before, she proved she has the excellent performance skills no matter what she is doing and it was a gorgeous, bare bones ballad that highlighted her voice alone. ‘Someone Like You’ had its own moment for similar reasons, so I don’t think you can separate everything so simply.

TL;DR: of course her performance informs her career now. I’d argue that ‘Glitter...’ performance is the entire reason she’s still here now.

We essentially agree, the difference is I feel like it shouldn't still be the career template she strives to replicate. Despite her output, I think P!nk's greatest strength is her versatility (even more so than her voice and her physical fitness or whatever) - she just chooses not to exercise it. That performance wowed people because they hadn't seen that side to her, now that is the only side of her we see.

Status
Not open for further replies.