Pink: The Discography Rate ∞ WINNER! | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Pink: The Discography Rate ∞ WINNER!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by swim, May 28, 2019.

1. Let’s all give Revenge our 0’s...

I’m surprised Lady Marmalade isn’t in as like a bonus extra, where we can rate it and see where it would end up, but it’s not officially a place (just to save all the people who’ll give it an 11 to spite the rest of this very strong discography).

Maki likes this.
  2. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Just Like A Pill
    Don’t Let Me Get Me
    What About Us
    Blow Me One Last Kiss
    Who Knew

Came to mind off the top of my head, but I’m sure I missed lots. Ironically the first Pink album is one I have listened to in full because she had a track on the Save The Last Dance soundtrack.

3. Considering this, I'd say to just go chronologically.

Music Is Death, ohnostalgia and Maki like this.
  4. If I were you, I would start with Missundaztood and go chronologically before circling back to the debut (since you're somewhat familiar and it's such an outlier). I might even suggest skipping Try This and starting with Missundaztood, I'm Not Dead and Funhouse... not because Try This is a bad album, but because those three are so quintessentially Pink.

Rem, Sanctuary, ohnostalgia and 2 others like this.
  5. Since you're listening to all of her albums, chronological order is the best way to go I'd say.

Rem, Music Is Death, Mvnl and 3 others like this.
  6. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Thanks for the advice! I think I’ll go chronological starting with Missundaztood. It’s probably the one I’m most familiar with because in grade 8 my teacher gave us a lot of unsupervised time to do group projects, which meant sitting in the back row of the library talking about music dddd. The P!nk and Shakira albums were hot topics.

Island, Rem, Secret and 9 others like this.
  7. Laundry Service, Missundaztood and Xtina’s Stripped are a pop triumvirate of a bygone time.

Island, Rem, Music Is Death and 6 others like this.
  8. CC: "ah when real pop music was everywhere"

nikkysan and Mirwais Ahmadzaï like this.
  9. Heard Love Me Anyway in Stew Leonard's today. Anyway I will be voting!

Maki and swim like this.
  10. Along with Avril’s Let Go, these were the pop girls that were cool to like then because they weren’t “mainstream like Britney” according to my school dd.

Music Is Death, soratami and Maki like this.
  11. It might even be a good idea to go backwards first? The new album is a great blend of current and old P!nk, then you’ll get to her best albums and the ones you know more of later on.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  12. Maybe it's a bit early for this, but I would like to tag some potential voters who were active in the P!nk threads recently and/or were interested in doing this rate:
    @LiK
    @distant_cousin
    @kal
    @P'NutButter

Also, @berserkboi, maybe you will change your mind? There's a whole month to listen and rate the songs.

Music Is Death, swim, LiK and 3 others like this.
  13. I'm already upset at Try This! being booted out early on.

14. I'm 100% down and I'm looking forward to hearing the debut for the first time (and really not looking forward to hearing Beautiful Trauma again).

Maki likes this.
  15. I'm tempted to try this. I'm familiar with Try This, I'm Not Dead and Funhouse, but the others are a bit more vague in my memory. And I've not listened to any of her albums since The Truth About Love.

I imagine listening to the three albums that I've mentioned will bring back a lot of memories of my secondary school days.

swim and Maki like this.
  16. Try This might be underrated by the GP but I'm sure P!nk fans can appreciate how great is it.

17. Not if I can help it!

Music Is Death, swim and Maki like this.
  18. I'm very intrigued to see how some of her 'deep cuts' will be ranked here, since there are some universal favorites hidden on the song list.

And it wouldn't be me if I didn't suggest to add a few more songs here that will fit the song choices.
    "Leaving for the Last Time", "Rock and Roll Heaven's Gate" (with Indigo Girls) even "Lady Marmalade" and "We Will Rock You" were officially released and can be considered a part of her 'wider' discography.
    However, I won't mind at all if those aren't included.

Also, R.I.P. this:

19. LiK

LiK

Thanks for letting me know. Can't pass up a reason to once again deep dive into her catalog.

Maki and swim like this.
  20. I'm in! No idea what my 11's going to though...

Maki likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.