Pink: The Discography Rate ∞ WINNER! | Page 41 | The Popjustice Forum

Pink: The Discography Rate ∞ WINNER!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by swim, May 28, 2019.

1. 'Conversations With My 13 Year Old Self' should've gone before that.

Verandi likes this.
  2. kal

kal

GOODBYE

3. LiK

LiK

Some cute vocals and that's it. My lowest rated song on the album, utterly forgettable to the point I had to think for a second what the song sounded like upon seeing its elimination.

tylerc904 and Maki like this.
  4. [​IMG]
    I... thought we were friends.

Music Is Death, fatyoshi and kal like this.
  5. I love the lyrics, but I find the instrumental a bit tacky?

fatyoshi and Maki like this.
  6. I find the intrumental one of the most apparent reasons why I adore that song so much.

"Slut Like You", "Catch-22" and "Respect" can leave next.

savilizabeths likes this.
  7. Scream all my high scores.

Sanctuary, Music Is Death and Maki like this.
  8. And I thought that @JMRGBY88 was your polar opposite of this rate.

9. Once a month he gets it right, I'm not sure about these songs tho.

Maki likes this.
  10. Of course they’d be your high scores.

Maki likes this.
  11. LiK

LiK

Respect is probably the worst song on M!ssundaztood

AllGagaLike, SlowGinFizzzz and Maki like this.
  12. You're welcome! And you're doing great don't worry about it.
    There...there is a chance that could happen. As for my lowest score on I'm Not Dead standard it's:
    8.75 for Nobody Knows
    A 7 for Crash & Burn

Maki and savilizabeths like this.
  13. "Misery" exists, but I agree that "Respect" is one of the weakest for sure.

That's my third lowest score from "I'm Not Dead" (without the bonus tracks) and it would be reasonable for that song to be the first single from that album to be eliminated.

Music Is Death likes this.
  14. Agreed. if any other single (except maybe Stupid Girls) leaves first I'll riot.

Maki and savilizabeths like this.
  15. I don't remember most of these songs and I just listened to them to do the scores like a week ago...

16. I'd have to agree with that. Although My Vietnam would be a really tough one to excuse, were it not for the fact that her dad actually fought in Vietnam.

17. [​IMG]
    127. Words
    Average score: 5.85
    Highest score: 10x2 (@Music Is Life, @Maki)
    Lowest score: 2 (@Verandi)
    My score: 6

Considering very little comes from P!nk unless it's officially released, we were really treated to a lot of material around the I'm Not Dead era weren't we? Back when B-Sides were a thing, this accompanied the 'Nobody Knows' release and actually sits pretty well with it, considering it's a very sonically similar ballad with a bit of a donk in it. Unfortunately when I think of it the first line that always comes to mind is the "Words are just words, blah blah blah blah" section, ddd.

Lyrically it's complete trite, so I'm glad it didn't make the album. It's a kind of wishy washy vague narrative that doesn't really say anything at all? A few people complimented them and a few criticised, so I'm really not sure on the consensus, but what we can agree on is this going now. Bye!

Commentary corner:
    @Maki: (10) Without any doubt, my favorite B-side from "I'm Not Dead". This definitely should've been on the standard album, such a quality song just fits the album sonically. The mood change in different parts, the playful lyrics and her amazing vocals make this song one of my favorites from this era. I adore the middle-8/bridge, especially when she sings (or screams the 'and you don't have to say anythiiiiing, nooo...' and 'blah, blah, blah...' parts) with plenty of power and emotion. The outro is wonderful, too. It's so underrated and barely mentioned, hopefully not in this rate.

@abael: (3) A song that effectively writes off the written word seems like a bit of an own goal, especially for an artist that can often be inadvertently haughty

@Verandi: (2) I remember the whole cd single being boring as hell even if it only has two songs. I hate the verses of this one.

@R27: (6) Very much a bonus track, but at least it's an I'm Not Dead bonus track.

@savilizabeths: (9) “This one is pretty clever in its lyrics. I love how interesting it is. This is definitely my favourite bonus track from I’m Not Dead. The production is epic at points, and she really plays around with letters. It’s really fun and well written. Definitely a standout.”

@P'NutButter: (3) some of the worst lyrics of her career

@rick: (3) Am I the only one who hears Eagle Eye Cherry?

[​IMG]
    126. Bridge of Light
    Average score: 5.87
    Highest score: 9.5 (@JMRGBY88)
    Lowest score: 2 (@nikkysan)
    My score: 5

It's certifiably impossible to overlook the cheese on display here, and it seems most of you didn't excuse it simply because of its inclusion in the artpiece Happy Feet 2. Serving as the main theme song, this ended up being a moderate success in a few European countires and even a top forty smash hit in Australia.

Vocally fantastic, lyrically beige; it comes equipped with strings, a choir and even a key change. The melody is blindingly stunning but I never can get over the saccharine-ness of it all. I suppose it isn't for me at all, but it just always strikes me as an X Factor winners song from 2001.

Commentary corner:
    @JMRGBY88: (9.5) This is a great song and completely wasted on a soundtrack.

@P'NutButter: (7) Seeing as it's for Happy Feet, I can't hate how cute and sappy this song is.

@rick: (6) Never heard this one before today. Can’t say it’ll be one I go back to but I’m not sorry I heard it

@R27: (3) This is when P!nk really started to lose me. What kind of corny ass lyrics are these? I feel like early-mid 2000s P!nk would scoff at this mess.

@savilizabeths: (6) “This is a pretty sweet song. If I’m in the right mood this would probably make me smile. It’s nothing special but it’s definitely cute.”

@Music Is Life: (9) This is actually a pretty good song for a kid’s movie. I really like the production on this and the melody is great.

@Maki: (7) One of her more basic ballads, but given the purpose, it’s totally reasonable. However, it has quite lovely moments. I think this is where her recurring love for recording Disney-ish ballads started (unfortunately, I’m not a fan of them).

@Sail On: (7.25)This gives me uplifting anthem sung at a charity fundraiser, and I’m living for it.

@tylerc904: (9) A totally cliché soundtrack moment of whatever but I love it.

@abael: (4) Bland waste of time

[​IMG]
    125. A Million Dreams
    Average score: 6.00
    Highest score: 9.5x2 (@Lost Boy, @Music Is Life)
    Lowest score: 1 (@nikkysan)
    My score: 9.5

Okay I'll admit it, I'm emotionally a complete and utter wreck at even the best of times. Hearing this for the first time truly gave me shivers and brought tears to my eyes. Now I haven't suffered from watching the Greatest Showman but I was absolutely blown away by this? It's the exact kind of contemporary hit I want her to helm herself for a typical second single release.

Coupled with an absolutely adorable video with Willow, she dedicated the song to her daughter and seemingly recorded it because of their enjoyment together. I love that she's at that point in her career when she can record what the hell she wants to and it actually becomes a minor hit? Here in the UK it actually almost cracked the top ten and I heard it everywhere.

I'm not sure what it is, the way that melody just swells and swells only for it to drop out for the tiniest little line. Vocally P!nk does as much work as the production, her voice just draped in power and emotion. That final chorus still gives me shivers. Absolutely spellbinding.
    @JMRGBY88: (7) This is a hard one because technically she sounds incredible and the song really suits her but radio here has hammered this to the point where I cannot physically listen to it anymore.

@sapnu puas: (3) the Greatest Showman is...shit. The soundtrack is shit. The cover soundtrack is shit. Truly a sign of brexit Britain that this pile of shit was everywhere for over a year. She sounds fine but this just ain’t for me.

@savilizabeths: (8) “Okay, I love the original of this song. Call me basic but the music of The Greatest Showman is incredible. The song remains as beautiful as ever in this version until the bridge. It’s just really missing the dynamic of the two characters. The song just reaches more highs when Charity starts singing in the bridge and then the harmonies. This version doesn’t have that same moment because it’s a solo. It would get a ten if it was the original, oops?”

@Music Is Life: (9.5) I love this, prefer it over the original, and her voice and the production is gorgeous. The lyrics are good too, for a musical.

@Maki: (7.5) ‘AC mommy P!nk’ really stepped forward with this one. She said that she adores this song and really wanted to cover it, and it’s no wonder that most of her recent ballads resemble this it. The song itself is really nice, especially the chorus, and her vocal performance undeniably good, but it isn’t really my type of ballad.

@nikkysan: (1) P!nk covering a song from The Greatest Showman feels so predictable for her these days, sadly.

@R27: (4) The Greatest Showman (film, soundtrack, cultural impact) seems awful. I've never actually seen it, but between this and “This Is Me,” I'd like to keep it that way.

@abael: (6) Nice production, but too saccharine for someone like Pink.

@rick: (7) Ok so it’s good. And I really liked it. For maybe a week.

@P'NutButter : (5) It's so cheesy but it's sweet

@Laurence: (3) Not a fan

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  18. Bridge Of Light, sweetie, I am so, so sorry...

JMRGBY and swim like this.
  19. And there goes my first 10 and a big loss of the rate... in no way I thought that it would be "Words".
    Ironically, I was just thinking about that song earlier this morning.
    Oh, and not only that, but it's the lowest placed B-side of "I'm Not Dead"? Just... no.

If anything, it's a case of B-side being much better than the actual single, and the best B-side of "I'm Not Dead". I don't get how is it out before averagely good "Crash & Burn" and "Disconnected".
    The lyrics are so creative (don't know what makes them one of her worst, as some of you mentioned), the production is brilliant and her vocal delivery is fantastic. I mean, everything is amazing.
    It's literally in my top 30 P!nk songs ever.

Thank you @Music Is Life and @savilizabeths for showing taste.

savilizabeths and Music Is Death like this.
  20. R27

R27

Some some eliminations I can get behind! I would have been fine with "Words" hanging on a while longer but im not vexed by its exit. However, I am a little pressed that this means my lowest score managed to get over a six average.

Maki likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.