Pink: The Discography Rate ∞ WINNER! | Page 47 | The Popjustice Forum

Pink: The Discography Rate ∞ WINNER!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by swim, May 28, 2019.

1. I have a few 3s and 4s too in case!

2. Major NO at these two being your lowest scores remaining. But you're a ballad hater, so what can I say.

Oh, so the short "Hurts 2B Human" cull is over. I wonder if "Beautiful Trauma" will start losing tracks next.
    Or maybe it's one of "The Truth About Love" clunkers. Or neither.

Speaking of "Hurts 2B Human", "Hustle" leaving before "Can We Pretend" (among many songs from the other albums) is just a WTF moment.

And will there be another elimination tonight, @Lost Boy?

soratami and Verandi like this.
  3. There should be two! Internet went down earlier so I’m going for a swim then I’ll see.

LiK, Music Is Death, Maki and 2 others like this.
  4. LiK

LiK

Ms. Debut album is holding up well. I honestly expected majority of its content to drop like flies based off initial reactions in here

Hopefully I didn't just jinx it.

Phonetics Girl, soratami and Maki like this.
  5. LiK

LiK

The ongoing hate for Can We Pretend is my favorite development in here so far.

[​IMG]

Blond, Phonetics Girl, Duppe and 3 others like this.
  6. 'Good Old Days' just really annoys me. I tried again with it today but... meh.

7. [​IMG]
    118. Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken
    Average score: 6.10
    Highest score: 10x3 (@playboy69, @HollyDunnSomething, @Music Is Life)
    Lowest score: 2x3 (@nikkysan, @Hurricane Drunk, @happiestgirl)
    My score: 7

The political rally cry to the silenced falls out at a disappointing 118. I will have to die for this, I fear she pines in what was apparently supposed to feature in the movie Suffragettes:

“The movie is about the suffragette movement which is women’s right to vote,” P!nk said. “You have to fight for what’s rightly yours which is rights and respect and love and kindness and compassion and you have to be willing to die for it. These women were.”

It's a gorgeously simple song with a deep and powerful message, one aimed at uplifting and supporting women who, like P!nk, continue to fight against a world that binds them in a million ways. Such a complex issue can't be boiled down and solved in three minutes, but considering her past and the fights she's led throughout her career there's a stark confidence to this that strikes me immediately.

At the end of the day as a song it's either going to appeal to you or not, but it's a message we can all get behind and one that's increasingly important in our currently fucked up world. Empowerment anthems are difficult to get behind sometimes, but as a victim sometimes there's such a power to hearing an idol of yours open up to the vulnerability and speak up with you. It brings solidarity, and if there's anything P!nk has done throughout her career it's that - shown that we aren't alone.

Commentary corner:
    @Verandi: (4) Jesus these lyrics. Nice strings beautiful strings.

@Reboot: (5) Bit dull

@rick: (7.5) Great vocals, nice lyrics but it’s the definition of ‘meandering’

@abael: (7) Heartfelt delivery can only go so far when it comes to lyrics this vague

@Music Is Life: (10) Another gorgeous ballad. I love the chorus, especially “There's not enough tape to shut this mouth.” The middle-8 is also sublime. Her vocals really shine on this.

@Maki: (8.25) Not as forgettable as her more recent ballads, but it still had to grew on me. You can tell that it was written for a soundtrack, since it has that cinematic buildup that I love. I expected much more from the verses, but the chorus makes up for tha, it's beautiful. The music arrangement is lovely, and flows so well with her voice. And the final chorus has very impressive vocals, which verge on being too piercing.

@R27: (3) Such a boring song for such a promising title. The albums second half really falls apart compared to the first. Actually, it just drags in general.

@savilizabeths: (5) “P!nk is often pretty good at ballads. This is not one of those. Yawn.”

Tomorrow a classic will fall

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  8. That went before 'You Get My Love'?! Really?

9. ‘You Get My Love’ went at 142.

10. LiK

LiK

Hopefully it's Fucking Perfect. Is that considered a classic?

R27 and soratami like this.
  11. Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken is easily the best song eliminated so far and it already being out is a mess. Guess bad taste can't be fixed.

Maki, Music Is Death and LiK like this.
  12. How is J*st L*ke F*re still here?

Maki, R27, savilizabeths and 3 others like this.
  13. Losing another good song sucks, but following a nine and ten, can't get too upset over it.

Maki likes this.
  14. LiK

LiK

Because it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

AllGagaLike, Maki, kal and 4 others like this.
  15. You're right, it's worse. Kill it with... fire!

16. LiK

LiK

Now I wish I had scored it higher!

Maki likes this.
  17. Um no. Please let this make top 100.

18. Um no. Please let this make top 100.

savilizabeths likes this.
  19. Just Like Fire is top 10 Pink for me, I love it, never understood the hate for it.

swim likes this.
  20. R27

R27

Glad to lose some back-to-back 3s. Still waiting for my lowest scoring song to fall though.

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.