Pink: The Discography Rate ∞ WINNER!

I've so far lost about a third of all my 3-6 songs. Thankfully 7-11 the rates much lower, but also none of my 2's have been ousted, so I guess outside of a few tracks my taste more or less lines up with others on the site. Unexpected, but I'm not complaining.

That squelchy bassline on 'Love is Such a Crazy Thing' is so amazing
Yes! And that intro is fantastic and definitely makes the song memorable.

Also, I forgot mention that the Choice album could be out there at any point. I'm dying to hear it.
There is this snippet of another song online:

The guy who posted the video claims that he co-wrote the song and has the Choice album (which allegedly includes at least 20 recorded songs), promised that he would release it on iTunes and, two years later, nothing happened.

As for the eliminations of "Unwind" and "Tonight's the Night", I'm pleased with them, but while they're one of the weakest on "Try This", there are still worse songs than these two. It's reasonable why they went first from that album, though.
Tonight's The Night sounds nothing like a Britney song????
That comparison is a bit mind-boggling to me.

And just as I was about to complain about "Push You Away" still being in, it's finally eliminated. I don't get how it's that good, it's so inessential and screams of 'super deluxe bonus track'. It is kind of catchy, but the melody is non-existent at some points.

@rick gave a 3 to "Push You Away", yet isn't included among the lowest scorers.

I gave "Push You Away" a 5,5 but in the commentary section it says 5.

he / him
Me VS. @Maki

Untitled-1.png

yes I know that's not a direct quote who cares I've just made this at work

Poor "Can't Take Me Home", the only song from it that can leave soon is the title track.

"Beautiful Trauma" and "Hurts 2B Human" are holding much better than I expected (some of the 'meh' ballads can leave, though).
NO JOKE, BUT THIS IS WHAT I WAS TYPING WHEN I SAW THAT POST:
"And I'm pretty sure that "I'm Not Dead" has 16 tracks still in, unless it's some kind of a clue."
Oops!

I've seen a lot of tenuous Britney mentions in threads that aren't about her, but that Tonight's The Night comparison is especially baffling. If anything, it reminds me of No Doubt.

Last edited:
Funhouse holding up better than I'm Not Dead makes me sad (#shouldhavevoted)

In fact, I'm Not Dead being on the same level as The Truth About Love (80% left) makes me really sad.

he/him
With all due respect, this is [censored]. Try This is surely the album where she did almost exactly what she wanted to do, and then had to pay for it.
Didn’t she literally say she had to just quickly come up with an album to appease the record company rather than taking time and doing an album she wanted to do?

he / him
Didn’t she literally say she had to just quickly come up with an album to appease the record company rather than taking time and doing an album she wanted to do?

She's said before that she was unhappy with the way the label wanted her to make an album after the success of M!ssundaztood: "I was kind of rebelling against the label on that one," she said. "I was going: 'You want a record? Fine, I'll write 10 songs in a week for your fuckin' record and you can press it up and put it out.'"

But here she describes it as having the freedom to do whatever she wanted to do, which she found uninspiring but good.

Ddd at her admitting 'Oh My God' took about 15 minutes and then they went shopping.

Funhouse holding up better than I'm Not Dead makes me sad (#shouldhavevoted)

In fact, I'm Not Dead being on the same level as The Truth About Love (80% left) makes me really sad.
Thankfully it's just the bonus songs for I'm Not Dead, so not a big deal. I don't see the album losing much songs for the foreseeable future.

The Truth About Love, Debut, and her last two releases I expect to start withering away once we crack top 100.

Are we really gonna allow 'Can We Pretend' to cross over into the top 100? She hasn't paid her last months rent, no security deposit, time for eviction.

Guys I’m sorry but I do hear a bit of Britney in ‘Tonight’s The Night’ but I’ll accept that I’m the only one who sees it. Also I had just listened to Misundaztood where she said she was ‘tired of being compared to ‘Britney’ so I guess when I heard it it triggered a memory. Maybe it’s something in the instrumentation but it does kind of remind me of both ‘Amnesia’ and ‘Anticipating’. I know nobody else will probably hear it

Having seen some of the songs that I gave low scores to that are still in the running shows that sonically I’m not on the same wavelength as the majority of the forum.

Also it’s my first ever rate so I’m sorry to tank your faves. I guess I’m the rate villain.

It’s hard to be so unique but I’ll struggle on

Great sum up of a "Try This" era. She never said she 'hated' and
She was just pushed by the label and did what she wanted in the shortest amount of time possible (and it shows on a few of the songs) with Tim Armstrong, and later Linda called the album 'crap' compared to what they did on "M!ssundaztood".
I remember both P!nk and Linda saying something along the lines of: 'everything after major success is going to be or seem like failure'. Yet she won a Grammy!
"Try This" was/is a very interesting era and brought one of my favorite P!nk sounds.

It is not a legal way ddd.
Oh... okay, thanks. I remember hearing a snippet, but that just sounded like a pitched original version.
What are your sources? lol

Having seen some of the songs that I gave low scores to that are still in the running shows that sonically I’m not on the same wavelength as the majority of the forum.

Also it’s my first ever rate so I’m sorry to tank your faves. I guess I’m the rate villain.

It’s hard to be so unique but I’ll struggle on
Don't worry, you're not the rate villain when we have @Verandi and @abael (to a lesser extent) here.

Everyone has a unique taste, and among 143 songs, there will definitely be at least some division and disagreement.
May I ask which remaining song(s) have the lowest score form you?

Wait...is Love Song still with us? Not that I want to see it go, but I'd have expected it to leave pretty early.

(Also, off topic but Amnesia is one of Britney's best songs and its relegation to bonus track status continues to baffle me, especially considering some of the dreck that was on the main album.)

Great sum up of a "Try This" era. She never said she 'hated' and
She was just pushed by the label and did what she wanted in the shortest amount of time possible (and it shows on a few of the songs) with Tim Armstrong, and later Linda called the album 'crap' compared to what they did on "M!ssundaztood".
I remember both P!nk and Linda saying something along the lines of: 'everything after major success is going to be or seem like failure'. Yet she won a Grammy!
"Try This" was/is a very interesting era and brought one of my favorite P!nk sounds.

Oh... okay, thanks. I remember hearing a snippet, but that just sounded like a pitched original version.
What are your sources? lol

Don't worry, you're not the rate villain when we have @Verandi and @abael (to a lesser extent) here.

Everyone has a unique taste, and among 143 songs, there will definitely be at least some division and disagreement.
May I ask which remaining song(s) have the lowest score form you?
Leaving For The Last Time
Conversations With My 13 Year Old Self
When We’re Through
Waiting For Love
all scored less than 5 from me although I didn’t give a zero to any. I can usually appreciate good vocals even if the song is dirt to me