Pink: The Discography Rate ∞ WINNER! | Page 53 | The Popjustice Forum

Pink: The Discography Rate ∞ WINNER!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by swim, May 28, 2019.

1. I kind of regret asking you this hehe ("Leaving for the Last Time" and "Waiting for Love" deserve much more, too)
    Yeah, having most of the songs in the 5+ area isn't bad.

The songs I'm hoping to see out before the top 100 (i.e. my scores lower than a 6) are "Slut Like You", "Respect" and "When We're Through" (@rick, at least we agree about that one).

2. I still have 25 songs under the 6 mark, which is really not bad.

swim and abael like this.
  3. I can't wait for Can We Pretend to storm the top 10.

Music Is Death and swim like this.
  4. lol. Hopefully not.

nikkysan, Andsov, LiK and 1 other person like this.
  5. Can We Pretend is a bop. It's time for y'all to stop pretending otherwise.

Music Is Death likes this.
  6. LiK

LiK

If it's up to my score it will be around for quite sometime (hopefully).

7. I think this was in the LimeWire days dds

Maki likes this.
  8. R27

R27

It's baffling that her last three albums have been holding up so well. They could all use a culling (although a smaller one for Hurts 2B Human).

Maki likes this.
  9. The Truth About Love could lose about 10 songs in a row now ddd

savilizabeths, LiK, Maki and 2 others like this.
  10. Only three albums will escape the last run to 100.

11. I would be that harsh at all, but there are two or three songs that I'm looking forward to be eliminated soon.
    "Can't Take Me Home", "Try This" and "I'm Not Dead" would've been ideal, but I think that "Hurts 2B Human", or even "Beautiful Trauma" will pull through somehow.

12. Beautiful Trauma and Hurts 2B Human need a bit of a culling, especially the former.

13. More Beautiful Trauma and Try This tracks need to go.

14. I assum that "Beautiful Trauma" will have its 'mini cull' as soon as we get into the top 100.
    Songs like "But We Lost It" and "Better Life" don't sound like something that will have a big support.

Actually, there isn't a specific album that I want to lose many tracks, my lowest scores for the remaining songs are scattered across all of the albums (excluding "Can't Take Me Home", which unfortunately lost almost half of its songs).

15. Quickly catching up, and just wanted to say that in any rate, these are my least favorite words. It bothers me when people say this. Not specific to you @Maki just a general observation.

Also, what's this about Push You Away being password protected? On what version is that? Cause it's completely available in HQ in the Funhouse Tour: Live in Australia CD/DVD.
    Also it's gone too soon.

soratami and Maki like this.
  16. See with 'Stop Falling' I could not get past the production which was like terrible karaoke, I was triggered.
    It wasn't going to touch the top 100 so what's the harm.
    I should have just rated a live version, that would have been better.

I hope all of the 0s are gone now.

17. I would like it noted that in my opinion Can't Take Me Home is losing songs not because of it's quality, but because it's a style so different to the rest of her discography.

Music Is Death, LiK, jawow_ and 2 others like this.
  18. It bothers me, too, but I'll keep saying it (there are a few more songs where that can apply). And I'm pretty sure that you said the same thing once or twice here (don't get it as a bad thing lol)

I'm still sad about it, still not sure what bothered so many voters. I just can't understand how a song like that couldn't attract an amount of high scores, let alone receive nothing. At least the vocal delivery and emotions are worth a few points, but that's just how I see it.
    But it's pointless to argue about opinions (unless you are @Verandi and @JMRGBY88, that is a bit fun), so let's just leave it there.

Yeah, I completely agree.
    When you think of 'P!nk', the first thing that comes to your mind surely isn't her R&B debut. But I still stand that it's a pretty amazing album.

19. LiK

LiK

Most definitely! I get that some people didn't really grow up in that era nor care for that kinda time capsule RnB sound which dates it a bit, similar to how Teen Pop of that era sounds nothing like before nor after it. But the songs on debut are mostly fantastic. In-fact she got some pretty top notch material that wouldn't have sounded out of place on a Destiny's Child, Toni Braxton, TLC album at the time.

20. [​IMG]
    107. Could've Had Everything
    Average score: 6.37
    Highest score: 10 (@Maki)
    Lowest score: 2 (@Laurence)
    My score: 8

Ddd, poor 'Could've Had Everything' might just have the least amount of commentary in the entire rate with only four submissions, so cut to me frantically trying to find anything to talk about to fill the space here. As usual this was inspired by her constant on/off rocky relationship with husband Carey, and featured as a B-Side to the number one single 'So What'. It's an odd but great choice to accompany such a brash song with something much more melancholic with a much more atypical P!nk mood to it. There's nothing really wrong with it, but it also doesn't leave much of an impression too until the halfway mark, in which a small horn section comes cutting through before some great wailing ad-libs.

The best thing about this is absolutely the atmosphere it creates, but it was perfectly placed as a b-side and eventually bonus track.

Commentary Corner:
    @abael: (5) Can a Pink song have too much Pink on it? Somehow this track does.

@Maki: (10) How can a bonus track be this good? This is AMAZING! Definitely in my top 3 P!nk bonus tracks/B-sides. Can't believe that I wasn't astonished by it the first time I heard it. It's just a quality tune that's unbelievably good throughout. Her voice has a sadder tone here and I adore when she sings like that, for example in the verses. The production is on point, as well as the use string instruments (and the general music arrangement). But that middle-8 is something else; when she gets to the crescendo during it, I can't breathe properly. Another example why I wish she recorded/released more songs with Eg White

@R27: (4) This pretty listless and doesn't really go anywhere. There's nothing offensive about it, but there's nothing notable about it either.

@savilizabeths: (7) “I like this but I don’t love it.”

[​IMG]
    106. How Come You're Not Here
    Average score: 6.42
    Highest score: 9 (@Lost Boy )
    Lowest score: 3x2 (@sapnu puas, @nikkysan)
    My score: 9

'How Come You're Not Here', to me, is one of P!nk's very best up-tempo songs. It hits the ground running, raises a few smiles whilst it goes and basically is a complete storm from start to finish. To my surprise my NINE was the highest score? And the only reason I didn't give it full marks is because it can be a little bit too abrasive for me sometimes.

Vocally this may be one of my favourite performances of her ever? Her delivery is just incredibly smarmy and full of character, and is easily the best she's sounded for me since the rasp left. Especially live, this song just takes off unlike anything else on the album.

I'm also a total sucker for the Funhouse on steroids vibe it gives off, those demented bells and the LeEeEeets play hide and seek middle eight still manage to give me shivers. What a song. It's melodrama and absurd theatre in song form.

P!nk told The Independent on Sunday that she'd been waiting "years" to write the song. "You know, we had that break-up, and that second verse is my favorite second verse that I've ever written," she said. "'I heard some rumors about another girl. I heard she's cute but she stores nuts like a squirrel. That's all cool. I'll wait right here till you get bored. And she gets carded for beer...'" (laughs). "That kind of shit I have in my back pocket. It's so easy to go back there."

When speaking to Spotify about the song, P!nk said that she thought of it "as a cartoon, almost, where he's left, and I'm like, looking under the bed 'cause I'm completely delusional and he's hiding behind a stop sign and I'm like, 'I see you!' and I'm chasing after him the whole song and he's running away and I'm like, 'But I'm awesome!'" which... is obviously inspired by the INCREDIBLE 'Please Don't Leave Me'. I totally see what she's going for here.

Also! Willow, plays bells on this song. "She's actually quite talented for a 13-month-old!" P!nk laughed to MTV News. "There was a basket of shit, and she came over and pulled out the bells and started banging on them, and I was like, 'Record it!'"

Commentary Corner:
    @R27: (3.5) Haven't listened to this much, but I can see it becoming unbearably annoying , so let me preemptively tank it.
    @savilizabeths: (6) “I don’t really dislike this, but I definitely wouldn’t say I like it. She sounds like she’s yelling on a lot of this album, and this song is an offender with that chorus. It both works and doesn’t at the same time.”

@Maki: (8.5) Someone on this forum said that this sounds like a “Funhouse” leftover, and it actually does (the ‘sword fight’ sounds and whistles definitely add to that). The ‘abrasive’ vocal effect works and you can tell that she’s mad in the song. It’s great and nicely produced track, but not one of my favorites here.
    @JMRGBY88: (4.5) I feel like this is what a machine would produce if you taught it how to create a P!nk song.

@Laurence: (6) This falls a bit flat due being sandwiched between two awesome tracks. Should have been deleted. Also the are you hiding in the closeth? Homophobia much? Just kidding.

@rick: (8.5) Was this a Funhouse Holdover because I definitely hear fairground music?

@Sail On: (8.75) This is so bouncy, I feel like taking a long skip off a short pier myself.

@abael: (7) Pink goes rock and it's great, but not exactly my taste.

@Verandi: (8) Verses are 11/10, but the chorus is a mess.

@Reboot: (5) Another quite noisy song on this album.

@P'NutButter: (8) this track doesn't seem well liked with the fans, but it reminds me of the I'm Not Dead era in the best way.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.