Pink: The Discography Rate ∞ WINNER! | Page 68 | The Popjustice Forum

Pink: The Discography Rate ∞ WINNER!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by swim, May 28, 2019.

1. Well now that the best track on the album is gone, I'll just stan Try and I won't care if the rest crashes and burns.

swim likes this.
  2. Thank you!

Music Is Death, abael and Maki like this.
  3. But "Where Did the Beat Go?" is still in, too.

4. R27

R27

Y'all really did "Crystal Ball" dirty. It's like some of you hear an acoustic guitar and suddenly become incapable of dishing out a score higher than 7.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  5. Just say @Verandi.

Music Is Death, Maki and swim like this.
  6. Slut like you isn’t really bad, I’m not as excited to see it go out as others seem to be, but at the same time it probably was it’s time to go.

swim likes this.
  7. Slut Like You is such a tune and if you can’t appreciate the message then that’s fine but how can you deny the sheer toe-tapping bop that it is?

I see people calling for Lonely Girl to go and I’m like....why? It’s one of my high scores.

Conversations....is my lowest score left so that can leave before Missundaztood loses any more.

Honestly the lack of taste here is shocking.

Shocking I say!

8. I know, I mean, Can We Pretend is already out?!

9. Coming up: singles are still safe for a while, one of my favourite songs in the entire race goes and Try This is back in our scope after escaping a whopping 30+ results.

10. I swear if our 11 goes I am going to throw this whole rate away and start over

11. I agree that calls for Lonely Girl to leave are premature at best and bizarre at worst, it’s a great song and one of the very best from M!ssundaztood.

Maki, rick and Phonetics Girl like this.
  12. Well maybe there is hope for this rate after all

13. 'Crystal Ball' is a great album track and I love the lyrics, but on it's own it's a bit of a snooze.

'Slut Like You' though is a great tongue-in-cheek track, that really only P!nk could pull off.

Maki likes this.
  14. I haven’t stopped playing ‘Slut Like You’ since we kicked it out and honestly what a fucking bop.

15. LiK

LiK

Yeah, I think I may have under-scored Slut Like You a bit. It's really is a feel good song, that gives you such a rush to sing along bang out. It has this late 90's / mid 00's carefree vibe about it, that unfortunately we kinda no longer have in many mainstream songs.

Are you @JMRGBY88 alt account?

swim likes this.
  16. Yes!!!
    Nooo!!!

Both are masterpieces and should stay as long as possible.

I wonder what the ones who love "Lonely Girl" think of "Eventually" and "My Vietnam", since all three (even "Gone to California") have a similar vibe going on.

Glad that "Try This" survived that amount of eliminations.
    I guess one of the more unremarkable songs, like "Walk Away", can leave from that album.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  17. Wow so original! ":D"

JMRGBY and Maki like this.
  18. Slut Like You should have at least made the top 40. It's middle 8 is one of my favs. So much sass and fun.

19. I appreciate Slut Like You's message because I'm all for women reclaiming their sexuality, and celebrating it if they enjoy sex (which, while I can't relate to that message, I do understand kind of), but it's still a slightly shit song. There's probably a bop hidden somewhere underneath the noise.

happiestgirl, Laurence, Maki and 3 others like this.
  20. [​IMG]
    81. Split Personality
    Average score: 6.95
    Highest score: 10x3 (@Maki, @Music Is Life, @Daniel_O)
    Lowest score: 4 (@Duppe)
    My score: 8

Well look at this album track slipping right through to the high 80's without a single mention of it deserving to go. Honestly I'm having to play it again right now in order to remind myself how it goes and it's fine, certainly not the fifth best song on the debut - but at least P!nk had a hand in writing this, and it features a gorgeous chorus and her now trademark tongue-in-cheek talk-ad-libs. I'm not really a fan of trivialising serious mental conditions but this was an entirely different time and it's developed pretty well throughout the song, what with her 'second personality' telling her the lies she hears as she sings about her pains.

This managed to do so well because it barely received any low scores, and criticism was equally mute. I think if you listened to the song list numerically, this is the very first song you hear which I'm sure helped! It really does have some great hooks.

Commentary corner:
    @Reboot: (5) I’m not a big fan of the production.

@Maki: (10) The first song on her first album and it’s a 10. A sign that we’re heading to a great discography? I’d say much more than that - as she says in the song: “this is just the beginning”. I absolutely adore this song. Perfect melody in the verses, pre-chorus, chorus and middle-8. The ad-libs near the end, as well as the phoned in ‘second part of split personality’ P!nk inclusion are fantastic, too. An overall amazing track and one of her (many) best album tracks. Slight oriental vibes just complete the song and cement my score.

@R27: (5) Tries a little too hard to be "quirky." The start of the chorus also reminds me of Genie in a Bottle?

@savilizabeths: (8) “I honestly really love this. I find her acting deliveries really charming and I love the concept of this song. It was a nice surprise because peoples comments had me dreading this album a bit. This was a super strong start.”

@rick: (7) I like this but I don’t love this. It shouldn’t be the album opener. But it does give a good idea of the attitude that will become so divisive in later years

@abael: (6) Pink sounds good here, and is a decent lyrical introduction.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.