Pink: The Discography Rate ∞ WINNER! | Page 86 | The Popjustice Forum

Pink: The Discography Rate ∞ WINNER!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by swim, May 28, 2019.

1. I was just copying and pasting the whole Try This album, I believe Walk Away has been edited out now.

2. Nope, totally wasn’t me. You definitely made a mistake. Me, make a mistake? Psh. Nope.

3. ALSO Beautiful Trauma having joint 3rd most tracks left? Underrated talent.

4. Well, I'm so satisfied that my lowest remaining score left, because I didn't expect it to leave now.
    However, I think that I slightly underscored "18 Wheeler", but it was still my least favorite out of the remaining songs and the right one to leave right before top 50.
    Funny how vast majority of the commentary focused on 'sword' pronunciation and 'slave' line, but I never noticed nor payed attention to that. Thanks for these 'Easter eggs'!

Looking at the top 50 and...
    "I'm Not Dead" and "Funhouse" reigning supreme is correct, but "M!ssundaztood" being down to singles only is an unforgivable crime.

I would've most likely been the one to correct you lol

Music Is Death, soratami and swim like this.
  5. Nobody Knows
    Dear Mr. President
    Runaway
    I Got Money Now
    Funhouse
    Blow Me (One Last Kiss)

Barbies
    Raise Your Glass
    Fucking Perfect
    90 Days

A top40 without these would be ideal.

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  6. The first two are among my lowest remaining scores and I actually agree. The rest though... mess (except for "Raise Your Glass" maybe).

@Lost Boy, will another single fall very soon?

Music Is Death and Verandi like this.
  7. Yes.

8. I love 'Dear Mr. President' for how passionate her vocals are on it. Of course it's dated because it was aimed at George Bush, but it could easily be aimed at Trump...

9. I don’t fucking think so.

10. That was unexpected, but all five remaining songs range from great to amazing and are deservingly in the top 50.

The top three of "Hurts 2B Human" is excellent, too.
    Similar case here, I have two songs with 6,75, one 7 and a few songs inbetween 7 and 8.
    The rest is all 8+ so this is indeed a very strong top 50.
    Same! And I'm not religious at all.

11. HEATHEN. GET OUT.

Maki and Sprockrooster like this.
  12. These going would setup a great top 40

Don't Let Me Get Me
    Family Portrait
    Dear Mr. President
    Centerfold

It's All Your Fault
    Ave Mary A
    Try
    What About Us

Secrets
    Happy

13. GET TASTE!

GimmeWork, soratami, JMRGBY and 5 others like this.
  14. LiK

LiK

The one weekend I don't check this thread because eliminations never seem to happen, two eliminations happen.

Oh My God is so severely underrated i'm happy it made it this far though it deserved top 50. There's really nothing else like it in her catalog (which is what I tend to say about many of Try This tracks).

Honestly same considering the way this rate has played out so far.

15. LiK

LiK

It's All Your Fault have every right to be top 15.

16. My boyfriend is on holiday so I had time to mope around and post, ddd.

17. I've talked about Fingers already (seriously, its only saving grace was the first glimpse of acrobat Pink on the tour) and I'm not particularly a fan of God Is A DJ or Runaway either. Beyond that, there's nothing I really want to see out.

18. My two lowest remaining scores are 6,75 for...
    ..."Dear Mr. President" and "God Is a DJ".

It's so weird to see "Runaway" being called, even by @Music Is Life.
    It's one of the best album tracks from "I'm Not Dead" and I thought it was one of the fan favorites, too.

Phonetics Girl likes this.
  19. [​IMG]
    50. Nobody Knows
    Average score: 7.62
    Highest score: 10x4
    (@kal, @Sail On, @tylerc904, @əʊæ)
    Lowest score: 4
    (@Verandi)
    My score: 9

Nobody knows the rhythm of my heart
    The way I do when I'm lying in the dark
    And the world is asleep
    I think nobody knows
    Nobody knows
    Nobody knows but me

Admittedly I'd give this full marks if I had to score it again because I think it's one of her strongest ballads, a perfect cacophony of powerful emotion, intimate production and imagery that rivals any big pop girl ballad out there. Remember when people used to have the balls to release these enormous ballads as singles? I was so glad when it started being picked up by X Factor singers because it meant it could finally be recognised as that brilliant classical ballad it was always meant to be. Absolutely timeless in its execution, it feels like P!nk's own take on an Xtina ballad which is fitting considering how much she wanted 'Beautiful'.

Lyrically it's easy to dismiss this as cliche or trite now but its a topic that transcends the politics of language and culture: feeling lost and alone when the sun goes down. Written by Billy Mann and P!nk, it's times like this when I really appreciate her songwriting skill - with each little hook sprinkled throughout just piling on the imagery and storytelling.

Oh the secret's safe with me
    There's nowhere else in the world that I could ever be

It's win or lose not how you play the game
    And the road to darkness has a way of always knowing my name

Absolutely phenomenal lyricism that somehow accurately transcribes something so lonely and complex as depression and loss and a vocal delivery that packs the follow-up punch, this truly is one of many reasons why nobody will ever reach P!nk's level of talent.

Commentary corner:
    @tylerc904: (10) I know some people find it trite but I love this one.

@JMRGBY88: (9) I’ve always loved this but the idea of this being a single was…interesting.

@Reboot: (9) This is so beautiful! She sounds great

@Music Is Life: (8.75) This is probably my least favorite song on this album. I like it, it’s a great rock ballad that shows off her voice, and I appreciate that, but it just has never really captured my attention. I also don’t understand picking this as a single when there are songs that would have been a better choice.

@savilizabeths: (8) “Her vocals here are really damn strong. They sound kinda more like her RnB style at times. It’s a really beautiful song, but hasn’t stuck with me as much as some others in its vein. I have this feeling I’ll wished I scored it a bit higher soon.”

@rick: (7.5) Lovely ballad but I mostly skip this

@Maki: (7.25) Really nice ballad, verses are beautiful, chorus is kind of underwhelming, maybe too bluesy for me. There’s something in her voice here that makes it more powerful. Although I’m not completely sure about it being a single, the video goes really well with the song

@abael: (7) Pink needed to push this vocally a tad to really be a great track.

@R27: (6) Look, I love me so,e over the top balladary every once and awhile, but this falls a bit flat for me.

@Verandi: (4) A stupid choice for a single to be honest. It deserved to bomb like it did.

Top 40 in the UK though, not everybody has that.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  20. get taste.gif
    Done.

Music Is Death likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.