Pink: The Discography Rate ∞ WINNER! | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Pink: The Discography Rate ∞ WINNER!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by swim, May 28, 2019.

1. I was expecting Try This to be an average album, but I kind of enjoy it? There are some interesting sounds on it.

fatyoshi, nikkysan and Maki like this.
  2. It is a masterpiece and I will be fuming if it doesn't reach the top 50 at the very least.
    One of my favorite songs by P!nk.

Yeah, "Try This" is pretty interesting album, but it also houses plenty of filler tracks (which aren't bad by any means), which makes me put it on the bottom half when ranking her albums. And "Try This" is definitely her most 'raw-sounding' album (and "M!ssundaztood" if not very far from that).

fatyoshi and soratami like this.
  3. After going through all the albums a couple of times, I don't know how anyone can argue that anything other than The Truth About Love is her worst album. It has some alright songs but the vast majority of it really is just so bland and uninspired. The slower songs tend to just be boring, and even the "bops" generally just end up being annoying.

Maki, savilizabeths and fatyoshi like this.
  4. The Truth About Love has nice bonus tracks. Swap a few of the album tracks for them and it's more palatable.

kal, Maki, nikkysan and 2 others like this.
  5. I'm listening to her debut right now and I'm pretty sure it's going to get my lowest average. Everything on it sounds so similar and kinda boring.

Verandi likes this.
  6. Whenever someone trash talks "Can't Take Me Home":
    [​IMG]

Her debut is such a solid collection of R&B gems, and her voice definitely doesn't make it sound boring (for majority of the songs).

7. It's very of it's time but it's far from boring.

Maki and fatyoshi like this.
  8. I think her vocals are well suited to R&B but not all of the songs delivered. Would have loved to see another attempt along those lines.

Maki likes this.
  9. I can't wait for @Lost Boy to cringe at my scores when I stan the debut and tank Glitter in the Air.

Holly Something, Maki and swim like this.
  10. I seem to be missing a vital piece of information: why would you tank Glitter in the Air, sugar?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  11. The only one of the fan edition's seven (!) bonus tracks I don't like is Chaos And Piss, and even that is just a bit boring rather than actively offensive.

Timebomb and The King Is Dead But The Queen Is Alive are both AMAZING.

12. Yas.

Neaux.

Maki likes this.
  13. I liked Chaos and Piss but was really thrown off when it was a ballad. I expected a rock P!nk banger from the title ddddd.

nikkysan and Maki like this.
  14. Maybe I should not have used the word "boring" when describing her debut, but there's very little for me to sort of cling onto. All the lyrics and themes are kind of the same, and there's nothing that makes me go, "Wow, I'm really feeling the lyrics of this song."

I think what I've begun to like about Pink (thanks to this rate) is that her lyric always make me sit up and listen to them properly, whereas the lyrics on her debut just make me zone out completely.

JMRGBY, swim and Maki like this.
  15. I don’t really consider the debut a P!nk album anyway...

Verandi and Reboot like this.
  16. I'm so relieved you've said this.

17. I just noticed I missed White Rabbit while going through the songs the first time. Currently listening to it for the first time and wow

[​IMG]

Maki and Verandi like this.
  18. nikkysan, Maki, Sprockrooster and 2 others like this.
  19. Can't Take Me Home is great! Sure, it isn't very "P!nk" but some of the songs themselves are very strong.

Maki and soratami like this.
  20. I'm sending my ballot in a minute so expect further shake-ups

nikkysan, Maki, 2014 and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.