Pitchfork's 200 Best Songs & Albums of the 2010s | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum

Pitchfork's 200 Best Songs & Albums of the 2010s

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by dewzero, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Wait. Broke With Expensive Taste was robbed. Should have been top 10.

iRyan, Sanctuary, soratami and 2 others like this.
  2. 2014

2014 Staff Member

No Florence albums is...absurd.

3. It’s puzzling why it’s there and actual pop/rock masterpiece Paramore isn’t though.

2014, Crisp X, digitalkaiser and 4 others like this.
  4. The Pinkprint????

I liked this for the drag but the only bad song on 4 is Best Thing I Never Had.

5. Of course that would have been great but I'll take what I can get from this. They haven't even reviewed the self-titled so there's that too.

6. One of the weirdest things is the championing of Kelela's Cut 4 Me on both lists when Take Me Apart was so lauded and highup on the 2017 lists. (I also think it's just a more developed and stronger project on the whole).

Mr.Arroz, Blond, Hyrulian and 25 others like this.
  7. They might not have included Born This Way, but I've been listening to that album quite a lot again recently after not playing it for a while. And honestly, my endorsement is worth more than Pitchfork approval, anyway.

phily693, Mr.Arroz, sinner and 31 others like this.
  8. @Robsolete’s Top 200 Albums of the 2010s:
    200-2. Phoenix - Rita Ora
    1. Gotta Tell You - Samantha Mumba

phily693, andrew*, GimmeWork and 20 others like this.
  9. How dare you leak my list before I'm ready?!

Although if Pitchfork are going to include 2009 releases because of the lasting impression they made, then it's only right that my #1 is there considering its impact is still being felt 2 decades later.

10. What are Sweetener and thank u, next doing on those lists?
    They're cute, but... no.

iRyan and Lapras like this.
  11. Island

Island Staff Member

Poor Tears on the Dancefloor.

Andy French and nikkysan like this.
  12. Born This Way was well and truly snubbed. As was Bad Romance.

13. That list is not it.

14. Island

Island Staff Member

I’m actually kinda mad On a Mission was snubbed.

sinner, FINISH LINE, Karvel and 3 others like this.
  15. This made me revisit Come On A Cone and I've... reconsidered. It deserves its place on the list if only for the "If you wasn't so ugly, I'd put my dick in your face - DIIIIICK IN YOUR FACE, PUT MY DICK IN YOUR FAAAAAACE!" bit.

16. Meh, the only mad omission for me on the albums list is How Big, How Blue. It’s never going to be about my favourites being objectively ranked - and in any case, loads were, and well. Glad to see lots of great albums get a lot of deserved love.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  17. I would sooner put Roman Holiday on a list like this than I would Come On A Cone ddd

18. I'm not mad about Blonde being number one at all.

19. A FUCKING CLASSIC!!!!

20. Come On a Cone remains a wildly bizarre choice and wouldn't make it anywhere near even my list of favorite Nicki songs, but when I relistened it really does capture the absolute insanity of her flow and delivery early on. Other songs do that, too, though, so I don't really get how it made the cut here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.