Pitchfork's 200 Best Songs & Albums of the 2010s | Page 13 | The Popjustice Forum

Pitchfork's 200 Best Songs & Albums of the 2010s

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by dewzero, Oct 7, 2019.

1. RJF

RJF

Sis.

2. The fags sending 'Run Away With Me' to #9, 'Formation' to #11 and 'Style' to #47? We love to see it.

3. Ew. I much prefer Pitchfork's list.

4. Pop 2 getting the #40 spot? I LOVE TO SEE IT.

5. mmh, i am sad to see so many brilliant things be excluded.

albums by sbtrkt, new look, austra, bear in heaven, kelis, class actress, jessica 6, ms mr, tennis, KATY B (Little Red is my personal album of the decade to be quite honest).
    singles by shami, twin shadow, foster the people, gotye, friends, metronomy, storm queen, azari & iii, beth ditto, perseus.. (the whole 90´s house music revival that shaped club culture of the mid-10´s the most was treated fairly stepmotherly to be honest with just a disclosure inclusion)
    and on a more pop note, i would have put body party over ride on the list and maybe included motivation. and where´s ellie goulding?

as it is the list is decent enough, but it weirdly homogenized both in artists chosen and sounds represented. it is way less multi-faceted than it seems at first glance.

6. Lorde, Queen of Pitchfork!

7. Born This Way not even making the Reader's Poll?

aux, sinner, soratami and 1 other person like this.
  8. The twitter phags getting Ultraviolence to 43...I...

But Venice Bitch reaching 21 in the songs countdown. We have to stan.

aux, sfmartin and soratami like this.
  9. It does seem strange to see entire genres, like metal or the emo revival off the top of my head, being almost entirely left out. I'm not sure they've got the same writers for this whole decade so this might explain it.

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  10. Mentioning Austra, Kelis, Jessica 6 AND Ciara in the same paragraph? Your taste is jumping out.

11. Am I blind or is the most glaring omission Vince Staples’ Big Fish Theory?! They literally gave it 8.7 and BNM and it’s nowhere to be seen on either list.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.