Pitchfork's 200 Best Songs & Albums of the 2010s | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Pitchfork's 200 Best Songs & Albums of the 2010s

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by dewzero, Oct 7, 2019.

1. That list was a choice.

[​IMG]

spaceship likes this.
  2. This list is obviously incorrect as I didn't see Heavy Metal Lover or actually any Gaga song on it.

Burzum, Mr.Arroz, Cutlery and 14 others like this.
  3. Several Nicki Minaj entries but no Gaga? No Florence? Fuck that.

4. 174. Florence and the Machine - Shake It Out (2011)

But yea, Come On a Cone over Born This Way, Edge of Glory, Marry the Night, etc. seems so strange.

Tho Beez In The Trap could be much higher, at least above Super Bass.

5. I love the Not Like Other Gays predrinks.

6. aux

aux

Really glad to see Robyn get such a high placement with Dancing On My Own, same with Lana Del Rey's Video Games. I hope they eventually revisit her debut and fix the review so it actually focuses on the music.

Wishlight, lushLuck, Kuhleezi and 3 others like this.
  7. Where the fuck is Green Light?

8. NOT the 35 year old dig! Do you know where you are...

Cutlery, lushLuck, Kuhleezi and 7 others like this.
  9. I’ve heard 3 of the Top 10 - at 28 I’m an OAP already

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2019
  10. I can understand Beez in the Trap but any of the other Nicki songs are odd.

lushLuck likes this.
  11. Even as an OG 2010 Paws Down Little Monsters truther, the fact there is not a single Gaga song can only mean electric chair for everyone involved

12. Dancing On My Own is such a classic at this point that I had a hard time comprehending it was released this decade. But here we are! It honestly feels like it’s been part of my life forever.

13. I think thank u, next was a good choice, but I would have included Into You too, to be fair.

Also having Two Weeks by FKA Twigs is a bit bizzarre, I felt Water Me was really a turning point, both for her, Arca and Jesse Kanda

Xanax likes this.
  14. Countdown snatching a top 30 spot is very well-deserved. A timeless, effervescent blast from start to finish, and a career highlight (even with her following two albums considered).

Incredibly underrated video too.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  15. Would Pitchfork lie?

16. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I'm surprised the likes of Cellophane, Gone and Bags got rated so highly considering they're so recent, I'm guessing they'll be high in the end of 2019 list now?

Kuhleezi and sesita like this.
  17. The list is solid

18. RJF

RJF

I mean, I'm mad as hell about Gaga, but... I don't think the list is bad. In fact I think it's pretty good in terms how broad the spectrum of music Pitchfork covers. Lana and Azealia being in the Top 10 feels truly earned from the power of those songs, but also a pleasant surprise given the former's history with critics and the latter's... everything since then.

Calvin Harris' plink plonks making it so far is probably Rihanna's most egregious entry, but it was genuinely one of the biggest, most memorable hits of the last ten years so... okay, I guess.

19. I wonder why they went with a top 200 this time instead of 500 like they did for the 2000s? I think the quality of this decade was arguably better.

Now that I'm over my irritation at some of the omissions (and one of my least favorite songs of the decade being at #10), it's not a bad list per se. The Spotify playlist is fun to play on shuffle.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.