Pitchfork's 200 Best Songs & Albums of the 2010s | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Pitchfork's 200 Best Songs & Albums of the 2010s

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by dewzero, Oct 7, 2019.

1. I'm... not too mad at that list. Obviously some of it is very... Pitchfork, and obviously there's a few pop songs that have been left off because... it's Pitchfork, but it's not like it's a list that means anything. It's Pitchfork.

2. It's a solid list all things considered, although they're fake for shutting out Gags.

LA based singer Sky Ferreira deserved another entry (You're Not The One) and I'm actually surprised Beach House only got in with Zebra... I was certain something from Depression Cherry or Drunk In LA would grace the list.

Water Me or Papi Pacify should have made it over Cellophane. Two Weeks is definitely a moment.

Wishlight, Jacques, nooniebao and 5 others like this.
  3. Wrong decade[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  4. Eh, I like these lists as a bit of fun reading and reminder of songs I should listen to more, as well as ones I need to get listening to. A list like this was never going to be possible to REALLY compile and please anyone in any case. It's not that deep. No Gaga...stuck out, but she'd really only get a Bad Romance or Poker Face entry for 'impact' and that would be that. It's fine.

itylts likes this.
  5. XO is top tier Beyonce and should've been ranked way higher.

Robert, stereosalt and scottdisick94 like this.
  6. Who hurt you

Mikal likes this.
  7. aux

aux

They're dropping their 200 best albums of the 2010s list tomorrow. Bets on who will be on the Top 10?

8. Beyoncé, Tame Impala, Kanye West, Lorde, Solange, Kacey, Beck

Wishlight, Kuhleezi, 2014 and 7 others like this.
  9. I think ‘To Pimp a Butterfly’ is a shoe-in to take that too, no?

nooniebao, Mr Blonde and CaliDevotion like this.
  10. MAAD City & To Pimp a Bufferfly, Lemonade, Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, and Blonde feel like safe bets. Maybe A Seat At The Table, too. Melodrama should definitely be there but they didn't place any of the individual tracks too high, so who knows.

nooniebao, sesita, aux and 1 other person like this.
  11. I expect both Body Talk and Honey to feature pretty highly as well.

12. RJF

RJF

Every single one of Rihanna’s albums this decade will make it and I’ll seethe.

Future Lover, GimmeWork and Bobbyrae like this.
  13. There not being any Gaga songs in the top 200 is a mess but at least we already known she's making the albums list

Also, Ride making the list is correct

A song.

14. Happy to see Losing You in there, happy about Stonemilker and Formation.

Many weird choices but a list like this will never really work.

With all her shenanigans the placement of 212 is still absolutely deserved. It is a mega bop and a half. I am happy other people saw the brilliance.

Jacques and Sprockrooster like this.
  15. RJF

RJF

Including The Fame Monster on a technicality is cute (if it turns up and they weren’t just debating it) but she bettered it within the actual decade. In fact she bettered it about a year and a half later.

Honestly, bring on 2021 and the Born This Way reappraisal. It’s long overdue.

16. ‘The Louvre’ over ‘Green Light’ is just weird

17. RJF

RJF

“The Louvre” is superior though. Although “Supercut” beats them both.

Mr.Arroz, Syzygyz, Cutlery and 16 others like this.
  18. Norman Fucking Rockwell in the top 15 please.

19. The question here is who hurt YOU and managed to make you underrate/dislike/whatever what represents joy in song form.

FINISH LINE likes this.
  20. I swear if they're going to pay Born This Decade dust.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    Mr.Arroz, Bobbyrae, Wishlight and 9 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.