Pitchfork's 200 Best Songs & Albums of the 2010s | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Pitchfork's 200 Best Songs & Albums of the 2010s

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by dewzero, Oct 7, 2019.

1. I swear if they're going to pay Born This Decade dust.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    Mr.Arroz, Bobbyrae, Wishlight and 9 others like this.
  2. I really hope MAYA is on that list, sure it received a lukewarm reaction when it came out, but it was truly ahead of its time, musically, aesthetically and thematically.

3. I think it's a really good list. Although none of the Beyonce songs they chose would be in my top 200.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  4. ???

My guesses...
    My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
    Good Kid, M.A.A.D City
    To Pimp A Butterfly
    A Seat at the Table
    Lonerism
    Blonde
    Modern Vampires of the City
    Golden Hour
    Blackstar
    Carrie & Lowell (maybe wishful dd)

5. I mean, they didn’t even bother reviewing it so there’s your answer

FINISH LINE and beekeeper like this.
  6. Not my wish, just my guess haha

7. Yeah it's strange to see so much shock at Lady Gaga not appearing in the list when Pitchfork has only ever reviewed The Fame Monster (7.8), Joanne (6.9) and A Star Is Born (7.4), plus "Chillin'," "Hey Girl" and "Shallow". It would've been a far bigger surprise if any of her songs had made the list in my opinion.

The most egregious omission in my view? "Into You".

Andrew.L and ohaimanabu like this.
  8. And none for Ed Shitrag

[​IMG]

Azealia, Grimes and Lana all co-existing in the top ten is a kii

9. She’s always been a Pitchfork darling, but Mitski in the Top 10 is what she deserves.

10. Justin Bieber having more songs in the top 200 than Gaga, Katy, Taylor, Ariana, Kacey, Janelle, Florence, Carly, St. Vincent, Björk, Fiona, Tinashe, SZA, Lizzo...

[​IMG]

11. But hopefully not Born To Decade

Modeblock and soratami like this.
  12. GLC

GLC

Holy crap, yes. Where the hell was Janelle?!

13. Yeah, I was pretty shocked when I realised Janelle was not in the list at all, especially when her three albums were all released this decade. A mess.

14. Pitchfork had a very bullshit review for Dirty Computer, if I recall

ohaimanabu likes this.
  15. Crap take.

16. I'm surprised they went with XO over Drunk In Love or Partition. It's a great song but so overrated.

Also yeah, Tightrope or Cold War being paid dust too is weird. Maybe they forget those songs are from this decade because I did dddskskfhehww.

soratami, GLC and elektroxx like this.
  17. Bionic.

18. Pynk is right there.

lushLuck, Jacques and GLC like this.
  19. Plus it has their fave Grimes.

20. Has Pitchfork only listened to Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded and Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded only? Because "Beez In The Trap" and "Come On A Cone" ain't it, sis.

Mr Blonde, GimmeWork and soratami like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.