Pitchfork's 200 Best Songs & Albums of the 2010s | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

Pitchfork's 200 Best Songs & Albums of the 2010s

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by dewzero, Oct 7, 2019.

1. If you genuinely think 4 is Beyonce's best album, or a better body of work than the self-titled, I... feel bad for you. Even the title clearly indicates that the well of creativity was well and truly dry on that one.

varjak likes this.
  2. I can't breathe

3. The Fame Monster didn’t even come out this decade they’re so fucking dumb. Born This Way deserved top 100 at least.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  4. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

You're having some hot takes today! Although I think Lemonade, Beyonce, and, B'Day are better albums, 4 was the beginning of the beautiful evolution Beyonce made from pop star to pop artist and it is essential in her discography. It's the bones of her body of work.

Also not taking 'Countdown' or 'End Of Time' along with 'Party' is certain insanity.

5. In what way is Party a bad song?!

Mr.Arroz, R27, Mr Blonde and 5 others like this.
  6. In the context of 4 it's the only song that isn't good. Well, that and Rather Die Young.

Andrew.L likes this.
  7. Party is good. Rather Die Young is bad. 4 is her 2nd best album, after Lemonade.

8. I remember thinking the remix was vastly superior and I haven't gone back to the album version since, but I'm genuinely surprised people don't care for it. It's such a groove.

Andrew.L, GLC and BEST FICTION like this.
  9. It may just be me, but I don't dislike it. I just love all the other songs so much more.

LPMA likes this.
  10. Party and 4 are both great. Calling 4 her blandest album when I Am...exists, mess.

11. They mention that in the little write up underneath. But Born This Way absolutely deserved to be on there - I mean when are Pitchfork going to review it for starters?

Hyrulian likes this.
  12. While they have included iconic albums such as Anti, Take Care and Melodrama, Lemonade should be way higher, and the exclusion of 1989 and Born This Way is completely laughable.

Dangerous Maknae likes this.
  13. Party is amazing wym

I Was Here is the shitheap on 4.

Sanctuary and FINISH LINE like this.
  14. As long as we're stanning 4.

Artemisia likes this.
  15. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Not me missing the most important inclusion!

Carly Rae Jepsen: E•MO•TION

Little Jepsies celebrate! @Jeffo @Laura Vanderbooben

[​IMG]

16. Blonde being the best album of the decade would require it to be Frank Ocean’s best album. Try again Pitchfork.

17. Queen of Pitchfork wins again!

[​IMG]

18. I think Broke With Expensive Taste should have been included in that stupid list. But then I would, wouldn't I?

Burzum and soratami like this.
  19. This is the worst opinion I have ever read on this site.

20. Ya know, I think Lemonade is an absolutely monumental album, an incredible era that was culturally important, visually amazing, so rewarding etc. but as far as my taste in music goes I think 4 and Beyoncé are better listening experiences tbh

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.