Pixie Lott - Young, Foolish, Happy | The Popjustice Forum

Pixie Lott - Young, Foolish, Happy

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Blob, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Pixie Lott- Second Studio Album

A little more soulful? Please not an album of Broken Arrow's...

2. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Re: Pixie Lott- Second Studio Album

I LOVE Broken Arrow.

3. Laurens

Laurens Guest

If the first single is a boring ballad... I will be disappointed.
    Pixie, please start the same way you did with TIU -> 2 nice, uptempo songs but do not waste it with those boring ballads afterwards.

4. Re: Pixie Lott- Second Studio Album

She needs to come back with something good. Sad as it is to say, she could very easily be forgotten. Despite the success of the first two singles, mistakes were made with Turn It Up (namely not releasing Here We Go Again nor the Jason Derulo duet) so I hope her management up their game.

5. Re: Pixie Lott- Second Studio Album

Let's hope she doesn't suffer the sophmore slump!

6. Re: Pixie Lott - Second Studio Album

I seriously doubt she'll come back with a ballad.

7. Re: Pixie Lott- Second Studio Album

Alphableat said it best, there were some mistakes with the previous era, namely not releasing 'Here We Go Again' over 'Gravity' and 'Coming Home' being completely ignored by her record company.

Her team need to know that, yes, ballads do sell the albums - but a ballad overload will drown her main appeal eventually, especially when her image is mainly focused on being a frothy pop artist! I'd go with two upbeat singles before the album and a Christmas ballad that'll probably do very well but miss the Top 10 a la 'Cry Me Out'.

8. Re: Pixie Lott- Second Studio Album

I still can't believe "Cry Me Out" went on to be her best-selling single. "Here We Go Again" should have been released in place of "Turn it Up", which was largely easily-forgotten drivel. "Turn it Up Louder" as a collective isn't much better and is an utter borefest in comparison to the quite lovely album (I even love "Hold Me In Your Arms"!). "Gravity" on the other hand, was a good single choice.

I hope she releases something like "Mama Do" - her only song so far that I can't picture being sung by someone else.

9. Re: Pixie Lott- Second Studio Album

I prefer most of the Turn It Up Louder tracks to the album tracks on the original version.

I really thought the standard version had about 3 or 4 really great songs and a lot of fillers. Way to many ballads after eachother though and I don't like the way she sings ballads or how she performs them. I remember watching a performance of 'Broken Arrow' and she just stood there, there was little emotion and zero movement what-so-ever. I really think she's a brilliant artist when she does her uptempos though.

10. Re: Pixie Lott- Second Studio Album

Me too, it's exquisite. Ballad-Pixie rules.

It's her best song by a mile.

11. Re: Pixie Lott- Second Studio Album

Anything like Band-Aid would be good, but not the fucking studio version. That is hideous.

12. Laurens

Laurens Guest

The Cry Me Out demo is sooo much better.

13. Re: Pixie Lott- Second Studio Album

I agree with people saying the singles were handled really badly. I think it should've gone;
    1 - Mama Do
    2 - Boys & Girls
    3 - Cry Me Out
    4 - Turn It Up
    5 - Here We Go Again

1 - Doing Fine
    2 - Coming Home
    3 - Broken Arrow

14. Re: Pixie Lott- Second Studio Album

All of her singles after Cry Me Out were a non-event and so was the album. I love Pixie though, and I still think she could become an amazing popstar with the right songs. Mama Do and Cry Me Out are early-Britney brilliant.

Island likes this.
  15. Re: Pixie Lott- Second Studio Album

The Coming Home duet with Jason DeRulo was surely a missed opportunity.

16. Re: Pixie Lott- Second Studio Album

Adele's success changed what female artists need to do now. Hope Pixie has upped her game.

17. Re: Pixie Lott- Second Studio Album

Since Pixie confirmed a more soulful sound on her next album, I think that it may possibly sound similar to Adele's music.

18. Re: Pixie Lott- Second Studio Album

I hope she works with someone like Paul Epworth, who is capable of both, soulful/credible and unashamedly poppy/catchy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.