PJ charts :: june 2024 edition :: results complete ::

●・○・●・○・● #3 ●・○・●・○・●

111 points
600x600bb.jpg

HEAT - Tove Lo & SG Lewis
(10) @Gemini @happiestgirl @saviodxl @WoW73 (9) @4Roses @GimmeWork @Oleander (8) @Rogue (7) @Dynamo @Remorque (6) @BubblegumBoy @Dangerous Maknae (5) @Million_Lights (3) @daninternational (2) @boom bazooka joe

Not even remotely surprised that this made top 3. It's a bop! I wish it were longer - a 4 song EP seems silly to making top 3, but when the songs smash this hard, it's hard to deny. Tove Lo and gay by proxy SG Lewis really cooked up something brilliant here. I hope they continue their collaboration together. Hot music videos too.

Total Charting Months: 1
Months on 2024 Charts: 1
Last Month: N/A

●・○・●・○・● #5 ●・○・●・○・●

55 points
600x600bb.jpg

ELLE - Dagny
(9) @BubblegumBoy @happiestgirl @saviodxl @WoW73 (8) @CorgiCorgiCorgi @Untouchable Ace (3) @Petty Mayonnaise

@soratami - is Dagny someone who has appeared on one of your Alt Girlie Rates? I don't actively think I've ever listened to Dagny, but I've probably heard a song or two by her? I don't know, to be honest.

No, those rates were mainly focused on artists that debuted between the late 00s and mid 10s so she didn't really fit given her first album only came out in 2020. I'm not sure she'd quite fit sonically either since from what I understand her music is more of the sparkly Scandi-pop variety, which wasn't really those rates' vibe. I did mean to listen to this EP too because the singles have been great, didn't get around to it though.

●・○・●・○・● #2 ●・○・●・○・●

124 points
600x600bb.jpg

Dopamine - Normani
(10) @Petty Mayonnaise (9) @Aester @daninternational @Rogue @soratami (8) @boom bazooka joe @Dangerous Maknae @Dynamo (7) @berserkboi @GimmeWork @klow (6) @4Roses @CorgiCorgiCorgi @Slice of Life (5) @Oleander (4) @Trouble in Paradise (3) @Diet Pop! @pop3blow2

There was never any doubt in my mind what would eventually get number 1 this month, but what WAS a shocker to me was, for how long, Normani was JUST shy of the #1 spot. Like, there was legitimately a moment I wondered if it would overtake brat. Alas, she has to settle for second, which is absolutely respectable and deserving considering how wonderful this is. While, ahem, other former members of a certain girl group decided to release ... what they released this month, Normani finally, after 84 years, released her debut album and it was better than we could have ever expected! Part Janet, Part Brandy, all Normani - it was the perfect modern R&B record to show Normani's skills. I hope it's not another 6 years before her next release. I know it hasn't been easy for her, but she's too special to be forgotten.

●・○・●・○・● #1 ●・○・●・○・●

161 points
600x600bb.jpg

brat - Charli xcx
(10) @4Roses @Aester @daninternational @Diet Pop! @Dynamo @GimmeWork @ohnostalgia @Oleander @Remorque @Rogue @soratami (9) @Dangerous Maknae (8) @happiestgirl @klow @Petty Mayonnaise (6) @boom bazooka joe @Gemini (5) @pop3blow2 (1) @saviodxl

All those 10s, damn ma was it that serious? Surprising absolutely no one, "brat" takes the top spot. Is it deserved? Yes. Duh. Is it my personal favorite of month or even my favorite Charli record? Not by a longshot! In fact, I have not been bumpin' that to this album nearly as much as I was expecting. Maybe it's just because other albums took more of my attention. I will say though, that the pre-release tracks did almost NOTHING for me except for B2b (I've since learned to love them in the context of the album), so my anticipation for a new album by one of my favorite artists was not as high as I thought it would be. Still, she ended up serving in the long run. And we know you'll see plenty of her songs chart, but which ones? Well -- you'll find out soon.

Mess... well, Maeta is not the only one whose album I voted for and didn't end up charting. Though it has to be a record of some sort given the promo she received on here, I remember her album being posted at least three times dd.

I ended up not actually voting for her myself, she was #11 in my ballot. Amaarae and Tove Lo didn't make it either. All three are great but I guess I ended up prioritising full albums over EPs. The only album I voted for that didn't chart (or even bubble under) was Emilíana Torrini.

She/Her
I will say though, that the pre-release tracks did almost NOTHING for me except for B2b (I've since learned to love them in the context of the album), so my anticipation for a new album by one of my favorite artists was not as high as I thought it would be.

I was in the same situation. I was expecting not to like the album much at all and then it ended up being almost all I listened for several weeks. I think I called "Club classics" one of the most obnoxious things I'd ever heard when it was initially released but then somehow it magically made sense on June 7 and I've been marching around chanting "I want to dance to me, me, me" ever since.

I'm happy to see Normani land at #2. That album was a pleasant surprise too. June, what a month!

They're both big touring forces. Dagny has been to festivals and had her own tour last year. Florrie was the opening act for a few Girls Aloud concerts recently.
You need to go to go to concerts more often!
nn drag me a bitsy. Good for them. Never been a concert type of person though.