PJ charts :: june 2024 edition :: results complete ::

●・○・●・○・● #16 ●・○・●・○・●

29 points
600x600bb.jpg

C, XOXO - Camila Cabello
(7) @Dangerous Maknae (6) @soratami (5) @Aester (4) @Rogue (3) @happiestgirl (2) @4Roses @Petty Mayonnaise

The less I speak about this album probably the better, ddd. But I will say that I am nothing if not an informed hater, so I did listen to this top to bottom upon leak release to at least give it a chance. My biggest takeaway is that it was very bizarre to basically spend the entire promo leaning into this brat pop Charli cosplay aesthetic when a) it rings completely false to Camila and b) she doesn't even commit to the sound on the album. After the initial single run, almost all of the album sounds like it could have been on any of her previous releases. In fact, the entire album basically sounds like she's trying on a bunch of different hats and none of them fit. Commit to the bit, Camila! Anyway. I'm happy that her fans like this I guess fff. Annoyingly, the Drake feature is randomly the best thing here. (Not the Drake solo song though, what the fuck was that choice.)

Total Charting Months: 1
Months on 2024 Charts: 1
Last Month: N/A

●・○・●・○・● #15 ●・○・●・○・●

31 points
600x600bb.jpg

PALPITATIONS - LAUREL
(9) @Million_Lights @Petty Mayonnaise (8) @saviodxl (5) @BubblegumBoy

Wasn't really expecting her album to give early Maggie Rogers/Leon synth-singer songwriter vibes based on the album cover, (why is she holding a baby goat) but I wasn't mad! She's got a pretty voice. I'm curious to hear more.

●・○・●・○・● #14 ●・○・●・○・●

31 points
600x600bb.jpg

Hit Me Hard & Soft - Billie Eilish
(10) @Dangerous Maknae (8) @Gemini (7) @Slice of Life (6) @Rogue

And the highest charting album from last month is none other than Billie's "Hit Me Hard & Soft." I'm a casual fan of Billie - totally respect and love her artistry but I don't follow her too regularly. Loved her first album, but I was actually pretty tepid towards "Happier Than Ever." That's all to say, I had no expectations or anticipation for this album, and it totally knocked me over. It's easily. her best project to date. What a stunner. Absolute slay from top to bottom.

Total Charting Months: 2
Months on 2024 Charts: 2
Last Month: #2 (-12)

●・○・●・○・● #13 ●・○・●・○・●

33 points
600x600bb.jpg

9 Sad Symphonies - Kate Nash
(10) @pop3blow2 (9) @Phonetics Girl (6) @Trouble in Paradise (4) @soratami (3) @Oleander (1) @Aester

Haven't thought about Kate Nash in a million years teebs, but I loved her promo for this album. (That giving the gays what they want video cracked me up.) Why is this called 9 Sad Symphonies when there are 10 tracks? Which one is the happy symphony? IDK. I haven't listened to this yet. But I used to love "Merry Happy" in those 2 years when all I listened to where quirky girls with glasses.

Last edited:

●・○・●・○・● #12 ●・○・●・○・●

38 points
600x600bb.jpg

God Said No - Omar Apollo
(10) @boom bazooka joe @Trouble in Paradise (8) @Oleander (5) @4Roses (4) @Untouchable Ace (1) @Rogue

Deeply disappointed in you lot for letting misandry win again. Omar Apollo's brilliant new album doesn't even make the Top 10, and Gay Jesus cried. This album is stunning. Musically, it shares Frank Ocean DNA mixed through early era Ryan Beatty, and Omar has never sounded more assured and confident than on this record. It's easily Top 5 of the year.

Last edited:

●・○・●・○・● #11 ●・○・●・○・●

39 points
600x600bb.jpg

How To Be Human - Debbii Dawson
(9) @CorgiCorgiCorgi (8) @WoW73 (7) @Aester @BubblegumBoy (5) @Maki (3) @Phonetics Girl

Don't worry @CorgiCorgiCorgi - you got a charting album here! When I started listening to this I legit was cracking up. Not because it was bad or anything, but she sounded absolutely nothing like what I was expecting, so that was a fun surprise.

Last edited:

●・○・●・○・● #12 ●・○・●・○・●

38 points
600x600bb.jpg

God Said No - Omar Apollo
(10) @boom bazooka joe @Trouble in Paradise (8) @Oleander (5) @4Roses (4) @Untouchable Ace (1) @Rogue

Deeply disappointed in you lot for letting misandry win again. Omar Apollo's brilliant new album doesn't even make the Top 10, and Gay Jesus cried. This album is stunning. Musically, it shares Frank Ocean DNA mixed through early era Ryan Beatty, and Omar has never sounded more assured and confident than on this record. It's easily Top 5 of the year.

Deserved better!! An absolute stunning record, please please yall do not sleep on Omar!

●・○・●・○・● #10 ●・○・●・○・●

42 points
600x600bb.jpg

What Happened To The Heart? - AURORA
(9) @boom bazooka joe (8) @pop3blow2 @Remorque (7) @Phonetics Girl (5) @Petty Mayonnaise (4) @Aester (1) @Diet Pop!

Here is another one that I wished did a bit better, but I'm happy for a Top 10 placement. Aurora's latest album "What Happened To The Heart?" is a sprawling epic, easily her best work yet, and her most ambitious. The first half feels decidedly Aurora with all of her signature fairy singing, thundering percussion, and great melodies. But about half way through, the album takes a very interesting turn and becomes decidedly Kate Bush-ian in it's approach, full of experimentation and excitement. It's incredible, and I highly recommend listening!

●・○・●・○・● #9 ●・○・●・○・●

43 points
600x600bb.jpg

MEGAN - Megan Thee Stallion
(8) @GimmeWork (7) @Gemini @Trouble in Paradise (6) @Remorque (5) @soratami (4) @Petty Mayonnaise (2) @Aester @happiestgirl @Rogue

When I did my preliminary ballot, I had given this a few points, despite not listening to it. I still haven't gotten a chance to listen to it, and as the month progressed, I couldn't keep it on my ballot (or find the time to listen.) I love Megan, and when the songs hit they hit, but I've yet to become fully into a full length album of hers. Still, she's one of my absolute favorite celebrities at the moment, and all I want is for her to continue to have massive success.

●・○・●・○・● #8 ●・○・●・○・●

44 points
600x600bb.jpg

Cosmic - Red Velvet
(10) @Slice of Life (8) @Diet Pop! @ohnostalgia (7) @Oleander (6) @Petty Mayonnaise (5) @boom bazooka joe

And the highest charting K-Pop release this month (thank god) is Red Velvet's "Cosmic." The rollout for this album was marred with ... interesting choices. Lazy promo pics with obvious AI backgrounds, very few variants, no physical release date -- all a bunch of bullshit if you ask me when we are dealing with SM Entertainment's Best Group celebrating their 10 year anniversary! But enough about SM Entertianment's buffoonery. Fortunately, when it came to the msuic, "Cosmic" nailed it and instantly become one of Red Velvet's best title tracks and best mini albums. Banger after banger. It's a shame it wasn't a full length album, because if it was just 4 more tracks of the same quality and vibe, it would have easily been one of K-Pops most thematically consistent and stellar full length albums. Anyway -- listen tot his because it's perfect.

●・○・●・○・● #7 ●・○・●・○・●

45 points
600x600bb.jpg

Pulsar - L'Imperatrice
(10) @berserkboi @Maki (7) @pop3blow2 (5) @klow (4) @CorgiCorgiCorgi (3) @soratami @Trouble in Paradise (2) @Remorque (1) @Oleander

So here is one that I'm bummed I didn't get a chance to listen to, because from what I did hear, I was really digging it. "Me Da Igual" was awesome! I have downloaded this though and I plan to listen soon - so I'll have more to report at a later date!

●・○・●・○・● #6 ●・○・●・○・●

46 points
600x600bb.jpg

TIMELESS - KAYTRANADA
(9) @Dynamo (8) @4Roses @Trouble in Paradise (7) @CorgiCorgiCorgi (6) @happiestgirl (3) @boom bazooka joe (2) @Diet Pop! @Oleander (1) @klow @Remorque

KAYTRANADA managing to get Tinashe AND Dawn Richard on the same album? Can you say, legendaric! Kaytranda is a brilliant producer and I love his work. I still need to spend more time with this, but I've loved what I've listened to so far.

●・○・●・○・● #4 ●・○・●・○・●

82 points
600x600bb.jpg

The Lost Ones - Florrie
(10) @BubblegumBoy @CorgiCorgiCorgi @Phonetics Girl (9) @Remorque (7) @Million_Lights @soratami (6) @Aester @pop3blow2 @Untouchable Ace (5) @happiestgirl (4) @4Roses (2) @saviodxl

A HUGE jump in points between 5th and 4th place, we have FLorrie's "The Lones Ones." Am I correct in seeing that Florrie hasn't released an album in 10 years? I see a bunch of singles sprinkled throughout, but it seems like nothing since 2014 of the full length variety? If so -- good for her! (I don't know Florrie.)