PJ EKSTRA 27 • WINNER REVEALED

He/Him
banneruus.jpg

Tere tulemast!

To celebrate the victory of Anet Vaikmaa's Serotoniin, the first ever Estonian song to win PJXtra, the 27th edition of this song contest is taking place in Tallinn, the capital of Estonia. The above photo may or may not be an accurate depiction of Tallinn and the national bird of Estonia which is barn swallow.

I am your host and joining me is Anet herself via the medium of gifs to inject some serotonin into this round. The official colors for this round are blue, black and white like the Estonian flag but just like the Scarlet Witch from the PJSC round I hosted Anet really enjoys wearing red instead.

ezgif-5-b43edc84ce.gif

I like to keep things simple in terms of side themes but feel free to share anything you like regarding Estonia, whether you've visited and have some vivid memories, maybe you have an artist or song you really like, a fave Eurovision entry, anything really.

Submit a song that

is sung in any language other than that of the winning song from the most recent PJXtra contest (i.e. no Estonian songs this round!) and features less than 20% of English lyrics.

hasn’t charted in the top 3 anywhere in the world and isn’t a Eurovision Song Contest entry (non-qualifying national final songs are eligible).

is performed by an artist with 30 pages or less of dedicated discussion on the Popjustice forum & didn’t participate in the most recent two PJXtra competitions.

hasn’t previously been entered into either PJSC, PJ00s+, or PJXtra.
if it is a cover version, is subject to certain criteria including if the song being covered is already famous/successful.

A winning artist in PJXtra is banned forever!

As stated above, a winning language is banned for the next round only.

Each round, once the list of successful songs is published, you listen to them all, choose your top ten and allocate points as follows:

12 points : your favourite song of the contest
10 points : 2nd place
8 points: 3rd place
7 points
6 points
5 points
4 points
3 points
2 points
1 point

Please keep your ballots secret, sharing them only with the host(/s) who will reveal the results once voting closes. You are unable to vote for your entry and any non-voters have their final total halved!

Ironically submitting songs in the Estonian language is banned in this round which does make me feel personally attacked. However the language will still pop up here and there throughout the round. Like for example in the schedule below to make you confused and miss deadlines.

LAULUDE ESITAMINE
12. mai - 20. mai

HÄÄLETAMINE
22. mai - 10. juuni

TULEMUSED
12. juuni

Now please go ahead and PM me your song along with both Youtube and Spotify links. I look forward to receiving your entries and good luck!

IMG-4189.gif

Last edited:
He/Him
OSAVOTJAD.jpg

A&E
Ana Raquel
berserkboi
BubblegumBoy
cdd216
Conan
daninternational
Derek
DominoDancing
HarryEzra
iheartpoptarts
Isobel
klow
Lego
livefrommelbs
Maki
Million_Lights
Oleander
Phonetics Girl
pop3blow2
saviodxl
soratami
Sprockrooster
swim
TéléDex
Tiger Suit
undisco_me
Untouchable Ace
Up N Down
WoW73

WowWowWowWow

Last edited:
He/Him
I went to Tallinn a couple of years ago and the old town was beautiful; I still can’t get my head around the fact that at 11:30pm, there was still some sunlight left.
Yeah they call it white nights which we have in summer when there’s only a few hours of dark. On the other hand the days are very short in December.

Here’s a classic summer hit about this phenomenon:

He/Him
My favourite Estonian entry for Eurovision.

It was also my second favourite ESC song that year, behind Eleni Foureira.

We went from that

to

CiaraSales-vi.gif

this

I genuinely felt a bit embarrassed by this performance while our narrator was praising it lol. It's funny to actually see 5MIINUST (the obnoxious shouty rappers) on the Eurovision stage. Back in 2016 when they first appeared they were more underground and made vulgar bops (but some of them bopped) and you'd never expect them to even entertain the idea of Eurovision. Then they became very popular, toned it down and started making watered down pop songs for the radio. This Eurovision entry is actually a bit more inspired than their usual stuff but anyway yeah let's hope next year brings something better.

We went from that

to

CiaraSales-vi.gif

this

I genuinely felt a bit embarrassed by this performance while our narrator was praising it lol. It's funny to actually see 5MIINUST (the obnoxious shouty rappers) on the Eurovision stage. Back in 2016 when they first appeared they were more underground and made vulgar bops (but some of them bopped) and you'd never expect them to even entertain the idea of Eurovision. Then they became very popular, toned it down and started making watered down pop songs for the radio. This Eurovision entry is actually a bit more inspired than their usual stuff but anyway yeah let's hope next year brings something better.

It felt a bit like (straight) teachers doing an act during free stage.

We went from that

to

CiaraSales-vi.gif

this

Not Vanilla Ninja actually representing Switzerland on Eurovision in 2005 and getting a respectable 8th place

He/Him