PJ OPS Song Contest V (THANKS FOR PLAYING! POINTS CHART ON PAGE 1) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

PJ OPS Song Contest V (THANKS FOR PLAYING! POINTS CHART ON PAGE 1)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by WowWowWowWow, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Re: PJ OPS Song Contest V (SUBMISSIONS OPEN WEDNESDAY NOV. 20)

Your priorities are in order!

2. Re: PJ OPS Song Contest V (SUBMISSIONS OPEN WEDNESDAY NOV. 20)

Have just found the perfect song for this...y'all aren't ready.

*gets nil points*

3. Re: PJ OPS Song Contest V (SUBMISSIONS OPEN WEDNESDAY NOV. 20)

I feel like it is important to share with everyone (having consulted with the veto panel) a friendly notice that standard Christmas fare (hymns, top Christmas classics, etc.) are likely to come back vetoed.

So, you might have to listen to "White Christmas" on your own time...

4. Maleström

Maleström Guest

Re: PJ OPS Song Contest V (SUBMISSIONS OPEN WEDNESDAY NOV. 20)

So... will any of you be sharing your secrets in the newly opened 'Wintery Songs' thread then?

5. Re: PJ OPS Song Contest V (SUBMISSIONS OPEN WEDNESDAY NOV. 20)

I can't even find a song after 2000, let alone pre-2000.

6. Re: PJ OPS Song Contest V (SUBMISSIONS OPEN WEDNESDAY NOV. 20)

Whew that helps me narrow things down! I probably would have entered my favorite Xmas tune of all time, Book of Love's cover of We Three Kings.

[video=youtube;LLWlrwTleP0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLWlrwTleP0[/video]

"Come and join our funky caravan, we're gonna hip hop through the desert sand." Classic!

7. invertedbutterfly

invertedbutterfly Moderator

I don't know whether to go with my first thought, which will probably sink without a trace, but I think is amazing, or desperately search around my collection for something else.

(It's so going to end up being the latter, isn't it?)

8. Re: PJ OPS Song Contest V (SUBMISSIONS OPEN WEDNESDAY NOV. 20)

Not to encourage anyone to pick anything in particular but I just Googled "1000 Christmas songs" and found multiple lists containing hundreds if not thousands of songs. Sure, some would probably get vetoed, but there were many other options to be discovered. And that's just the Christmas ones. Happy hunting!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  9. Maleström

Maleström Guest

Oof, I've never been this TORN in these contests! I found such a great song (that's in the proper holiday spirit to boot) that it would probably win the whole thing -- but at SUCH cost. I would need to sacrifice the very backbone of my raison d'être here and actually resort to playing it safe with submitting something... something (I can barely make myself utter the word) anglo-american, can you believe it? Whereas it should really still be my duty to enter this subversive, awesome sad winter song that only five people would "get", right?

How could I live with myself after such an opportunistic betrayal of all my principles? I just know everybody would either laugh at me or pity me! (Plus I couldn't even host the next round despite winning this one)

10. Re: PJ OPS Song Contest V (SUBMISSIONS OPEN WEDNESDAY NOV. 20)

YAAAAAS I know exactly what to submit.

11. Re: PJ OPS Song Contest V (SUBMISSIONS OPEN WEDNESDAY NOV. 20)

.....digs out John Water's Christmas cd.

Well. I've got my song picked. Just gotta sit back and watch it sink to the bottom like a weighty turd.

12. Maleström

Maleström Guest

Ooh, that's a good'un.
    Then again, I guess I would say that, wouldn't I. After all, my copy of Shock Value is signed "to my mustache twin! John"...

13. Re: PJ OPS Song Contest V (SUBMISSIONS OPEN WEDNESDAY NOV. 20)

I'd love to meet John Waters. Actually, I just noticed he was in the UK doing a stand up show a few days ago....and I missed it. Bugger!!!

14. Re: PJ OPS Song Contest V (SUBMISSIONS OPEN WEDNESDAY NOV. 20)

No-one will EVER guess my entry.
    I feel like a spy.

15. Re: PJ OPS Song Contest V (SUBMISSIONS OPEN WEDNESDAY NOV. 20)

The submission period has now opened! Get to sending!

16. Maleström

Maleström Guest

Re: PJ OPS Song Contest V (SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL NOV. 26TH!)

You don't need to tell me twice!

17. Re: PJ OPS Song Contest V (SUBMISSIONS OPEN WEDNESDAY NOV. 20)

My college friend is his goddaughter and I got to go to the premiere of Serial Mom in Baltimore! Divine was her brother's godmother.

18. Pye

Pye

Re: PJ OPS Song Contest V (SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL NOV. 26TH!)

That was harder than I thought..... song sent in..... fingers crossed it's excepted.

19. Re: PJ OPS Song Contest V (SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL NOV. 26TH!)

Submitted. Last place here I come!

20. Re: PJ OPS Song Contest V (SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL NOV. 26TH!)

Ok, is done.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.