PJ Oscars Fantasy Draft 2021 | The Popjustice Forum

PJ Oscars Fantasy Draft 2021

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Beginner, Apr 10, 2021.

1. A chaotic year deserves a chaotic Oscars.

[​IMG]

Are you ready to harness that chaos and pick a team of unexpected winners walking up to the podium in shock? Or will you be left politely clapping in the audience?

I'll repeat myself from last year:

"What is this?

Standard Oscar pick 'ems are so boring. If you're into the Oscar race, you know which films and people are the favorites to win each category. Everybody's picks look the same, and where's the excitement in that? Instead, why not let everyone take turns claiming a nominee to win their category?

How it works

Once we have a good number of players (I'm thinking 4-8 including myself [note: we will split into multiple leagues if we get more, we did 2 leagues last year]) we will set a randomized draft order. This will be a snake draft, meaning that the order reverses every other round. The last person to pick in the first round will be the first to pick in the second round. It looks like this:

4321 ...

When it's your turn to pick, you draft a nominee onto your team. This is specific to one category. For example, Lady Gaga to win Best Actress, or Incredibles 2 to win Best Animated Feature Film. If you pick Lady Gaga to win Best Actress, you will not get points if Shallow wins Best Original Song unless you draft that in a separate round.

Once you've selected that nominee, nobody else can pick it. We'll keep going until every nominee is drafted or we all agree that nothing left is worth picking.

Scoring

Each correct pick gets you points. Some categories are worth more than others:

30 points
    Best Picture

20 points
    Best Actor
    Best Actress
    Best Supporting Actor
    Best Supporting Actress
    Best Director
    Best Original Screenplay
    Best Adapted Screenplay

10 points
    Everything else

This introduces another element of strategy. Is it better to take a risk on Best Picture or take 10 points that you feel pretty sure about? It'll be up to you.

Post below if you want to play!"

Original thread for reference.

2. I’m in!

Beginner likes this.
  3. Yes please!

Beginner likes this.
  4. Definitely in! Thanks for doing this.

Beginner likes this.
  5. Sign me up!

Beginner likes this.
  6. Yes, please.

Beginner likes this.
  7. In!

Beginner likes this.
  8. Were do I sign

Beginner likes this.
  9. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

I’m ready and able.

Beginner likes this.
  10. Yes please!

Beginner likes this.
  11. Let’s do this.

Beginner likes this.
  12. Obvs

Beginner likes this.
  13. This is my year

Subwaykid and Beginner like this.
  14. I'm here to defend my title and show the girls I've still got it

Subwaykid and Beginner like this.
  15. Please let me in.

Beginner likes this.
  16. Is there still space? If so - I’m all about the chaos :-)

Beginner likes this.
  17. Last call!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.