PJ RETRO 47. Two Words. List Revealed. Start Voting. 2/8 | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

PJ RETRO 47. Two Words. List Revealed. Start Voting. 2/8

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by rawkey, Jun 22, 2019.

1. I've actually heard 'Non c'e' before too... though in (I think) Spanish, and a trashy dance version as part of this megamix:

from 1:33

Filippa, rawkey and berserkboi like this.
  2. I insist that @londonrain counts as two words as well, although funnily enough the song I’m named after would fail this theme:

Filippa, rawkey, unnameable and 2 others like this.
  3. Someone actually submitted a (nu-?)metal song to PJ Retro? That's bold!

4. Filippa, rawkey, Maki and 1 other person like this.
  5. Maybe if one of us actually wins?

Filippa, rawkey, Maki and 1 other person like this.
  6. 'Sick Man' is another very bold choice to enter!

7. Just started listening, and it seems like this will be one great and eclectic round, and I love that!

Also, my entry is one great example of why you have to listen to the song thoroughly, from beginning to the end.

As for the 'not on Spotify' situation, I don't (and can't) use Spotify, so I give equal amount of listening time to all entries. But I would definitely be here for a 'not on Spotify' (or 'all on Spotify') round, simply so that all participants concentrate on each entry equally.

Filippa, rawkey, babes aloud and 3 others like this.
  8. I uploaded a better copy of the D-Influence 'Good Lover' video, for whoever submitted that ('twas not I):

soratami, rawkey, Filippa and 2 others like this.
  9. I could have sworn that the version of Deni Hines' 'It's Alright' on the Spotify playlist has been sped/pitched upwards slightly. It seems that it has. The 7" version on the Australian CD single is 3:47, and the Spotify version is 3:33 (they are otherwise the same mix/edit).

10. Well, I loved almost half of the list and 1/3 of that were male-led tracks. Maybe Kevin really lifted the misandry curse?

Filippa, soratami, berserkboi and 4 others like this.
  11. Someone (I forget who) recently submitted Bowling For Soup to PJ00s.

I gave them points

soratami, berserkboi, Maki and 2 others like this.
  12. *cough* that was me. I decided to go for their most emo moment rather than their usual party-punk-pop, and was pleasantly surprised it didn't tank.

Don't know who submitted nu-metal this round,but I salute their courage, their strength, their indefatigability...

13. [​IMG]

There's actually an old entry for that (one guess as to who submitted it)

Thankfully I'm still alive though.

Filippa, rawkey, londonrain and 6 others like this.
  14. And as previewed by @soratami - in an edition of 'Dalida Has A Song For That!' here is an on theme track for us!

Filippa, rawkey, londonrain and 4 others like this.
  15. No 'Happy Birthday' in my PJRetro repertoire, so we'll just have to make do with half!

Filippa, rawkey, londonrain and 2 others like this.
  16. If 'Honeythief' is one word, so is LondonRain, you all signed your fates when you signed up.
    [​IMG]

17. I still don’t accept that “alright” is one word, so you underestimate my stubbornness.

[​IMG]

Filippa, rawkey, soratami and 4 others like this.
  18. [​IMG]

19. Two ballots.

I'm finding it pretty hard to narrow down to a top 10 myself.

Filippa, soratami, əʊæ and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.