PJ Retro 78 - Awkward pre-1996 twisted English virgins. Drip dry reveals O.V.A.H. - winner announced | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

PJ Retro 78 - Awkward pre-1996 twisted English virgins. Drip dry reveals O.V.A.H. - winner announced

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnoitisnathan, Jun 29, 2022.

1. It's not that restrictive, I should be able to send something relatively easily.

2. If anyone is truly stuck, I've got a brainstormed list of... 225 (!) they are welcome to pick one from.

I've got enough songs to last until PJ Retro 303 ddd

3. More submission tea:

- Of the 13 songs submitted so far, only 7 are on Spotify (in the correct versions etc.)!
    - there are some male vocal songs!
    - the oldest song submitted so far is from 1982; the latest is from 1995.

4. I'd have a few cool potentials if it weren't for the pre-96 part. As it is... I guess I'll just submit something without any expectations of it actually doing well dd

5. I was going to sit this one out since didn't think I had one in the queue that fit the bill, but then I thought of one driving to work this morning.

6. I've submitted.

These are always funny and awkward.

7. ^ Haha. That reminds me of an Australian episode of Family Feud I saw in 1990 where a woman answered "crotchet" to a question that was something like 'name a contact sport'. Unfortunately, I don't think it's on YouTube.

8. I am looking at the Veto Sheet so far and I barely recognise any names (even my act's ddd) - this is making me very excited to hear everything! <3

9. Today's awkward interview:

10. I feel personally attacked

11. I'd love to be able to find a clip a friend of mine had on VHS (!) of a woman on a UK talk show singing Des'ree's Life (very poorly), getting her life in a really awful plaid shirt, but the audience just staring totally vacantly at her, and she ends it with a triumphant "YEAH!"

12. Surprised nobody mentioned arguably the most iconic/out-there moment regarding pre-2000 interviews (or at least attempts of an interview dd):

13. Courtney Love throwing her shoe at Madonna during interview lives in my mind rent free

14. I feel personally attacked by the thread title (I was born in England, and pre-1996 I was a virgin.... well pre-1997 as well, ah happy memories of student fumblings with Mazzy Star playing in the background.... I should have known it wouldn't last when she asked me to change the music from Maria McKee)

15. Not an interview, but awkward as hell... and funny as hell too.

Maki, berserkboi and Untouchable Ace like this.
  16. Early Bananarama interview with Paula Yates. Representative answer:

"I dunno, really. We haven't worked that one out yet either" *bursts into giggling fit*

17. More submission tea:

- 21 songs submitted so far that have gotten onto the veto spreadsheet
    - only 14 of those are on Spotify
    - 2 artists have been entered twice (!)
    - someone tried to submit a song that I entered in an earlier round (and came 19th with) ddd
    - of 19 songs checked so far, none of these artists have dedicated threads here

18. This has been at top of mind.

19. Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.