PJ RETRO 86: Diner

I once uploaded a song to YouTube specifically for PJSC and earned a whopping 20 points (12 of which came from @Hudvar). I mean, I had already assumed that a tribal house remix of Demi Moore reading Rumi was not going to light up the leaderboard, but given that the only people who had the link were PJSC contestants, the amount of downvotes my video received made it quite clear what I was in for on reveal night.

And it was released in 1999 so it all fits together.

I once uploaded a song to YouTube specifically for PJSC and earned a whopping 20 points (12 of which came from @Hudvar). I mean, I had already assumed that a tribal house remix of Demi Moore reading Rumi was not going to light up the leaderboard, but given that the only people who had the link were PJSC contestants, the amount of downvotes my video received made it quite clear what I was in for on reveal night.

And it was released in 1999 so it all fits together.

I heard this again a short while back - still slaps.

I've got a decent copy of this video (with decent audio) if it needs replacing.

Thank you for offering-
I went with the clip provided by the submitter, if they would like to have the alternate upload they can reach out via PM.

Also we have 15 voters (thank you!) but I am postponing tea time until we get to 18 voters aka the halfway point. And if you don't like it, there's plenty of other diners you can visit!

This is a bit rich coming right after I suggested a mathematics theme, but:

Also we have 15 voters (thank you!) but I am postponing tea time until we get to 18 voters aka the halfway point. And if you don't like it, there's plenty of other diners you can visit!

Somehow I had the number 35 in my head as the number of entries, but in fact it's 33 - and given that 17 people have voted, we passed the halfway point.

giphy.gif

• The song that was in 1st place after 5 voters, and was tied for 7th place after 10 voters, is currently in 5th place after 17 voters.
  • The song that was in 5th place after 5 voters, and was 1st place after 10 voters, is currently in 4th place after 17 voters.
  • The song that was in 6th place after 5 voters, and was 2nd place after 10 voters, is currently in 1st place after 17 voters.
  • If you thought this round was dumb, then don’t worry about me getting to pick the theme for next time – at the three vote counts, I’ve been 12th, 17th, and 17th.
  • And perhaps most exciting to report... Nobody will be joining Leslie Winer and Los Amaya y su Combo Gitano in the infamy of receiving zero points in a PJ RETRO Round!