PJ Song Contests Schedule Hub - PJSC, PJOPS, PJ00s | The Popjustice Forum

PJ Song Contests Schedule Hub - PJSC, PJOPS, PJ00s

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Mina, Apr 7, 2018.

1. What are Popjustice song contests?
    • ~monthly contests dedicated to discovering and sharing relatively obscure music with fellow Popjustice members
    • each contest has an entry submission period of 1-2 weeks in which you can send one song of your choice (a song from any time period for PJSC, a song released before 01.01.2000 for PJOPS, and a song released between 01.01.2000-31.12.2009 for PJ00s) - visit the linked threads to find out how to enter!
    • each entered song is evaluated by a contest-specific veto panel of fellow PJ members to ensure it fits within that contest's guidelines.
    • after the entry submission deadline has passed, all songs that have passed veto are posted in the thread, and those who submitted a song have 2-4 weeks to listen to all the entries and award points to their favorite 10 songs (Eurovision-style, so 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1) excluding their own entry
    • once the voting deadline is passed, the host reveals the results, and the next round commences
    Current schedules:
    PJSC: the original Popjustice song contest, songs from any year accepted
    - current round: 69 (link here)
    - current host: @imaduck
    - entry submission deadline: August 7
    - voting deadline: August 27
    - reveal date: TBD
    - resource for guidelines, previous contests/entries, and more: Popjustice Song Contest HQ Wiki

PJOPS: the pre-2000 song contest
    - current round: 40 (link here)
    - current host(s): @soratami
    - entry submission deadline: August 23 (submissions closed)
    - voting deadline: September 14
    - reveal date: September 15
    - resource for guidelines, previous contests/entries, and more: the PJOPS vault

PJ00s: the '00s song contest
    - current round: 10 (link here)
    - current host(s): @Mina and @Jeffo
    - entry submission deadline: Friday, September 7 at 23:59 UK time
    - voting deadline: Saturday, September 29 at 23:59 UK time
    - reveal date: Monday, October 1
    - resource for guidelines, previous contests/entries, and more: the PJ00s Vault

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  2. Triple Crown Winners
    (users who have won PJSC, PJOPS, and PJ00s)
    [​IMG]

@londonrain (PJOPS 31, PJ00s 3, PJSC 65)

Double Crown Winners
    (users who have won two out of three PJ song contests; first win in each contest listed)
    [​IMG]

@2014 (PJOPS 28, PJSC 53)
    @citoig (PJSC 13, PJOPS 7)
    @Derek (PJSC 16, PJOPS 29)
    @Filippa (PJOPS 38, PJ00s 8)
    @Hudweiser (PJOPS 1, PJSC 50)
    @imaduck (PJSC 1, PJOPS 5)
    @iheartpoptarts (PJSC 37, PJOPS 34)
    @KamikazeHeart (PJOPS 7, PJSC 31)
    @SophiaSophia (PJSC 20, PJOPS 10)
    @Sprockrooster (PJOPS 23, PJSC 51)
    @WowWowWowWow (PJOPS 2, PJSC 27)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  3. @Mina when you ever migrate to the Netherlands and are looking for a job, please be my personal organiser.

I never knew I needed this in my life until now. Brilliant.

4. Thanks! I think @invertedbutterfly is going to pin this to the top of the Charts and rates subforum like the rate queue thread - that way, no more excuses for mixing up song contest deadlines or not being able to find the PJSC Wiki/the PJOPS vault/the PJ00s vault!

5. This is one of my many weaknesses.

6. I’ve memorised the URL now. I never consciously chose to do that, but one day I couldn’t find the link and I realised I knew it already.

Island, berserkboi, Oleander and 2 others like this.
  7. I'll be honest, the first time I saw the title I thought this was going to be some sort of crossover between the contests dddddd.

soratami, Island, ohnostalgia and 6 others like this.
  8. So, everyone entering three songs and their points being aggregated?

9. I guess unless you can get an artist that has released music within each of the three time periods of the contests and then average the scores. Logistically it doesn't make sense which is why I quickly realized my error ddddddd.

10. Let's do this. I pick S.E.S.

11. [​IMG]

But if someone ever wanted to run a PJOPS/PJ00s/PJSC second chance edition (where all entries are comprised of songs that were previously entered in one of those contests but didn't win/place in the top few spots), I'd totally be here for that.

12. And if anyone has an idea for a better thread title to convey the message of "this is the thread to check for all current song contest schedules and links," let me know.

13. Perhaps “queue” rather than “FYI thread”, to keep it consistent with the “Rate queue” thread?

berserkboi, Oleander and Mina like this.
  14. Hmm. It's not really a queue/line since hosting works a different way in these contests and isn't by sign-up.

berserkboi likes this.
  15. “Schedule”, then?

berserkboi, Oleander and Mina like this.
  16. Hub?

17. Great! Thank you two.

18. invertedbutterfly

invertedbutterfly Moderator

Moment of confusion as I couldn't find a 'pin' option, but apparently we 'stick' threads in these parts. Done! And thanks @Mina for making this happen.

19. Crazy that nobody ever thought to do something so useful before. So kudos to @Mina for coming up with this.

soratami, rawkey, londonrain and 4 others like this.
  20. We're getting so organised! Next step email reminders to get me to submit entries or votes for deadlines!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.