PJ00s 15 - The Obscure Noughties Song Contest - Legends Theme - WINNER - Legends FINAL IS OPEN | Page 39 | The Popjustice Forum

PJ00s 15 - The Obscure Noughties Song Contest - Legends Theme - WINNER - Legends FINAL IS OPEN

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by imaduck, Apr 13, 2019.

1. 2 of them are again tied for first place....

Hopefully by tomorrow morning everyone will have voted.

2. Also:
    - Where did our OGs @Zar-Unity and @JamesJupiter go?!

3. So I was just looking for the PJ00s vault, using Google since it's more practical than the forum search, and I came across the image search results for just "PJ00s", and I have to say I laughed. There's a very clear recurring theme going on here DDD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. I expected Talk Like That to do better too! Apocalypto is an electronic masterpiece. (Although I do think this This Boy's In Love is the high-point, literal perfection).

5. [​IMG]

I-

I can't believe this happened. After flopping for countless rounds and thinking that I peaked long ago, I go and win the whole thing? And not only that but I win after achieving my lowest ranking ever last round effectively pulling off a My Life Would Suck Without You by Legend Kelly scenario and Emancipation of Mimi scenario? I guess all I can say is that failure was my then and winning is my now.

I'd say that this was a complete shock but let me put away the tears because the truth is......I knew this would happen.

[​IMG]

Or, at the very least, I had a strong gut feeling that this song could be the one to finally take me all the way and I was right.

The crazy thing is that I almost missed this round because I entered late and sent my entry by PM instead of using @imaduck's entry sheet which caused a little bit of chaos as you all probably remember. I'm sorry dddddd. @Robsolete is probably cursing me out right now for not actually missing the submission deadline kiii. I was worried there for a second when I realized I gave points to him and pushed him a bit further ahead of me but it all worked out in the end. Jem has been on my potential entries list for a long time but I thought that she might not have been a good choice but clearly, I was wrong. However, had I entered her sooner who knows if I would have gotten the same result. Funny how my previous peak was #3 with Let Go by Imogen Frou Frou as I feel like It's Amazing is the closest song to Let Go that I have entered thus far. I'll take this as a win for me, @ohnostalgia and the Alternative/Indie crowd. The irony of me winning as I am in the midst of preparing for my finals which are happening this week is not lost on me. The worst possible time for me to have won aaasasaghsfddjd. I don't know whether or not I will accept the hosting gig so I ask for some time to fully process this as I have more urgent matters I need to attend to. Maybe it would be best for someone else to do it since realistically it would have to wait until my finals are done this week and I move into my sublet for the summer. Well, I suppose I can figure that all that out later so let me just celebrate my time on top for now.

I’m the top girl, now I’m the top girl
    I don’t lose to anyone, I'm the top girl

I could be mistaken but from the looks of it, I also set the record for the winner with the least amount of points amassed. A messy record but a fitting one for someone like me to have ddddd.

However, like every success story, I couldn't have done it without some help so let me dole out my thanks. Thanks to @unnameable (for the 12) @Filippa @soratami @CorgiCorgiCorgi @saviodxl @One Stop Candy Shop @Sprockrooster @berserkboi @pop3blow2 @londonrain @2014 @Conan @DominoDancing @KamikazeHeart (for the 12) @Maki and @HarryEzra for the points! I apologize if I missed anyone.

Thanks to @imaduck for the wonderful hosting job and a special thanks to @londonrain and @Mina for putting up with all my complaining prior to this true comeback of epic proportions. Congrats to my fellow medalists @Robsolete and @CorgiCorgiCorgi!

Funny how @Robsolete and I are the Top 2 when not that long ago we were both flopping into oblivion and stopped exchanging points. I'm sure your time in the spotlight will come but that will have to wait for another day because for now....

Until I come back next round and return to the land of flops. I will go through and like everyone's posts later so don't worry about that!

[​IMG]

6. I have no what you're talking about.

Wait for it

[​IMG]

7. [​IMG]

No, but seriously, if anyone had to beat me, I'm glad it was you considering how we've both yoyoed in this competition and the fact that we both bombed last round. It's about time we each had our moments!

Lillix and Jem were the hardest two cuts I had to make from my list, so we very nearly exchanged points again, like the good old days. Although I'd have been truly kicking myself during reveals if I'd helped you ddd.

8. I don’t recall if I made a rounds reference yet so

ROUNDS

close the thread

10. Congratulations to @Oleander and thank you to @imaduck for hosting - I liked the legends round even if A1 bombed (be still my adolescent curtain hairstyle combat trousers loving heart!)

I was really happy with Rimini Project's Top 10 position, glad quite a few of you enjoyed it too! Thank you for the points from @ComeOnGloria @Hudweiser (a 12! Thanks so much, also the 'batshit crazy'in the text of your scores made me scream!), @DJHazey @One Stop Candy Shop @Mina @WoW73 @londonrain @2014 @Robsolete @Conan @Derek @Maki @HarryEzra - apologies if I missed anyone!

Oleander, Conan, Filippa and 6 others like this.
  11. Yay, another chance to see Glenn! And this iconic CD single cover! Thanks @Mina

Mina, londonrain and Untouchable Ace like this.
  12. The Old Gits are dropping like fries.

Thanks to everyone who loved and voted for 'Sometimes'. I'll be fine if I live at #12 i've been there alot.

Just to let everyone know that 2009 is a friend to 2010 and beyond Sia, Miami Horror & Electric Lady Lab say do your research.

Mina likes this.
  13. 2014

2014 Moderator

Why wasn't THIS Sugababes banger entered?????

14. Some final thoughts:

I'm satisfied with my entry's position, but at the same time not. It did pretty well considering it's not in English, although I expected it would be in the top 15 at least. Glad that some of you really liked it!

Underrated section:
    Heather Headley - Easy As Life (!), Kasia Kowalska - Antidotum (!), Rachel White - Cinderella's Playing Out, Anjulie - Boom (expected this one to do much better) and Lydia Denker - One Perfect Day

Really pleased to see that "Zanna" did so well - proves that slower songs can have wider appeal, too.

The (only) discovery besides the contest entries:

Besides Kasia Kowalska's beautiful Eurovision entry (which I nearly forgot existed), I stumbled upon this song yesterday and it had that similar, melancholic feel that I instantly loved. The instrumental is gorgeous, too.
    "Antidotum" is also great and ended up really underrated, so thank you @əʊæ for reminding/introducing me to her.

Maybe a foreign language-only PJ00s round sometime in the future could be a consideration?

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  15. LEGENDS RESULTS

In THIRD PLACE

In SECOND PLACE

OUR WINNER

When I went to bed last night, the Sugababes were in last with Jordin and Evanescence joint at the top, this morning they'd turned it around!

16. Phew, that Legends round was a cavalcade of questionable choices, but at least talent won in the end.

Mina, Maki and berserkboi like this.
  17. Final Bracket

The Legends

1st Sugababes - Ace Reject // @mina
    2nd Evanescence - Bring Me To Life // imaboyfriend
    3rd Jordin Sparks - Battlefield // @KamikazeHeart
    4th The Veronicas - 4ever // @livefrommelbs

Certified Legends

Nelly Furtado - Maneater // @pop3blow2
    Kelly Clarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You // @Derek

Noteworthy Legends

Girls Aloud - Wake Me Up @Hudweiser
    Samantha Mumba- Gotta Tell You @Robsolete
    JoJo - Too Little Too Late @CasuallyCrazed

Almost Proper Legends

A*Teens - Upside Down //@imaduck
    Faithless & Dido - One Step Too Far //@OspreyQueen
    Kylie Minogue - Slow //@saviodxl
    Lily Allen - The Fear //@əʊæ
    Little Boots - Remedy //@HarryEzra

Semi-Legends

P!nk - Who Knew //@Maki
    Madonna - Die Another Day // @WoW73

Tried Hard But Lost Anyway

Mika - Grace Kelly // @Fillipa
    Tori Amos - Big Wheel // @One Stop Candy Shop
    Robyn - Be Mine! // @popknark2
    Sia - You've Changed // @Untouchable Ace
    Blue - U Make Me Wanna // @iheartpoptarts
    Missy Elliott - Get Ur Freak On // @CorgiCorgiCorgi
    Liberty X - Just A Little // @2014
    Gwen Stefani - Early Winter // @Sprockrooster

Almost Complete Losers

Jamelia featuring Afrika Bambaataa - Do Me Right // @londonrain
    Rachel Stevens - Some Girls // @unnameable
    Cher - Song For The Lonely // @ComeOnGloria
    Cassie - Me & U // @soratami

Additional Massive Losers that although made it further still failed to win a single bout

Vanessa Carlton - White Houses // @DJHazey
    Michelle McManus - How Can Sorry Ever Mend A Broken Heart // @Carel
    A1 - Same Old Brand New You // @Eric
    Siobhan Donaghy - Sometimes // @berserkboi
    PJ Harvey - A Place Called Home //

The Massive Losers

Aly & AJ - Bullseye // @Music Is Life
    Yelle - Je Veux Te Voir // @DominoDancing
    Kelly - Shoes // @Jeffo
    No Angels - Feelgood Lies // @Conan
    Billie Piper - Day & Night // @Island
    Nicki French - Don't Play That Song Again @WowWowWowWow

18. We stan a winner like Ace Reject! Well done @Mina!! Well done @Oleander for winning the main contest and thanks for running the round @imaduck!

Now all go listen to The Presets or Siobhan Donaghy!!! ;-)

Oleander, londonrain, Filippa and 6 others like this.
  19. Woo, thanks all for voting the Sugababes' PJ-Fan-Decided Best Song to the legends win! A totally unexpected win for me, and I'm sure @beyoncésweave will be proud.

[​IMG]

I bet many of y'all were thinking Evanescence was my entry based on how often I namedropped them (inadvertently and strategically) - and they very nearly could have been - so well done to @imaduck 's boyfriend for having such excellent taste in classic '00s music.

Thanks for hosting, @imaduck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.