PJ00s 26: FUTURAMA - REVEALS | The Popjustice Forum

PJ00s 26: FUTURAMA - REVEALS

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Island, May 22, 2020.

1. Island

Island Staff Member

[​IMG]

Hello everyone, and welcome to PJ00s 26!

For this round, you will be looked after by myself and @Hurricane Drunk in a Futurama themed round! I didn't know how much mileage I could make by doing a Rachel Stevens round so this was the next best option!

These are the rules:
    • must have been first released between 01.01.2000-12.31.2009
    • no UK top 20 hits
    • no US top 20 hits
    • no tracks from a US or UK top 10 album
    • no covers or prominent samples of famous songs
    • no relatively famous/chart-successful cover versions of your desired entry (if it's the original version) recorded by a different act
    • no songs (or covers of songs) that have competed in the Eurovision Song Contest (semi-finals or finals)
    • relatively unknown/underrated on Popjustice - so as a general benchmark, nothing from an artist with more than 10 pages of discussion on PJ (across all their artist threads)
    • no entry that has been previously entered in a previous round of PJ00s (list of past entries here), PJSC (list of past entries here), or PJOPS (list of entries here; the '00s crossover round list can be found here). Additionally, no entry that has been previously vetoed in PJ00s (in general, these acts will most likely be vetoed again, unless the reason for the veto was that the song was previously entered in a different song contest).
    [​IMG]

A list of previously vetoed entries is here.

Repeat artists guideline:
    - the same act (in any form - solo, group, featured, etc.) cannot be entered for FOUR rounds since their last appearance (i.e., a non-winning round 8 act can be reentered no sooner than round 13, and in round 9, non-winning acts from rounds 1-4 are generally eligible again)
    - for the winner of each round, that artist cannot be entered again (in any form - solo, group, featured) for the subsequent TEN rounds.
    [​IMG]

Since our theme is Futurama, just submit a character from the show along with your song submission. If you're not familiar with the show or don't have a submission, a character will randomly be assigned to you!

Submit your songs and Futurama character of choice to both myself & @Hurricane Drunk.

So let's all take a sip of some ice cold refreshing Slurm and have some fun!

You have until June 1 to do your rounds submit.
    You have until June 19 to do your rounds send in scores!

Good luck!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  2. Last edited: May 23, 2020
  3. Island

Island Staff Member

4. Island

Island Staff Member

Ok y'all can post now

5. Iconic theme.

Dibs on Amy

[​IMG]

6. I am unfamiliar with Futurama so I have good faith @Island will make sure I get a fitting character.

7. Can I be that train wreck of a blond guy who once had a thing with Leila (if I am spelling her name correctly) and recurs and annoys her al the time? Lol

8. He came seventh from last in the rate, so good luck with that.

9. My probable finish this round ddddd

[​IMG]

citoig, Phonetics Boy, vague and 4 others like this.
  10. Island

Island Staff Member

Zapp Brannigan? Done and done.

11. Island

Island Staff Member

MOM has been claimed!
    [​IMG]

SEYMOUR has been claimed!
    [​IMG]

ROBOT SANTA has been claimed!
    [​IMG]

12. WOOPwoopwoopwoopwoop keen as mustard for this round. Submitted an all-time fave. It feels... flop-adjacent, but I could be wrong.

Island, Phonetics Boy, vague and 4 others like this.
  13. Oh yeah I picked a character but maybe I should pick a song as well huh

Phonetics Boy, vague, Maki and 3 others like this.
  14. I also don't know futurama but HEY my entry was sent and according to my mom it is "a very beautiful song"

15. My entry this round... Well, it was either a really good idea or a really bad one.

[​IMG]

16. I'll take Zoidberg if he isn't already taken.

17. Island

Island Staff Member

CHANUKAH ZOMBIE has been claimed!
    [​IMG]

DR. ZOIDBERG has been claimed!

18. I am so glad to hear a few of us are starting the quarter off with risks reading my sisters’ commentary! Represent Ana Raquel, Livefrommelbs and Soratami!! :D

19. Oh jeez, I almost posted my entry in here. I'd better go with the hot redhead.

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.