PJ00s 42: (There's Gotta Be) More To Life: winner announced! | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

PJ00s 42: (There's Gotta Be) More To Life: winner announced!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by londonrain, Dec 14, 2021.

1. People are talking about the option of deleting posts from before 2010 as an option to fix the current Forum issues (though whether that would solve anything is debatable)

Me picturing myself submitting some Ladyhawke if this does happen:

[​IMG]

Me seeing how much discussion her recent releases have had so far:

[​IMG]

Island, Ezz, Cotton Park and 2 others like this.
  2. This round is so good. Looks like my song will be starting the year in style with a Tiny Crown....

il_340x270.3498351417_268f.jpg

3. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

4. I've got my ten; I'm arranging them now and will have them to you shortly.

5. What about all the number artists this round, too!?

One Eskimo
    Smoke 2 Seven
    3LW
    Tymes 4
    Zero 7

[​IMG]

I approve!

Zar-Unity, londonrain, 2014 and 10 others like this.
  6. [​IMG]

londonrain, Island, 2014 and 8 others like this.
  7. I finished listening to all of the entries yesterday and this post kinda reflects my inital thoughts:
    There really seemed to be a 'R&B girl groups vs. foreign language' theme going on during the first 15 songs or so, but it definitely picked up when it comes to variety later on.

As per usual, I enjoyed this round and this time I'm pretty sure my top 3 is sorted (though arranging it in order will be a struggle). I expect there will be a lot of honourable mentions, too.

8. I still have 20 songs I want to give points to and I'm struggling with doing any ranking so far this year. This is going to be grim.

9. Rank mine on top, obviously.

10. Island

Island Staff Member

Ffff at the Sarah Brightman cover.

And another song being pretty similar to the original song/era too.

11. There is one song I voted for I know is sampled in another song. I know that synth by I can't place it. It's bugging me.

Phonetics Girl, Maki and berserkboi like this.
  12. Island

Island Staff Member

13. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

14. I've told @berserkboi of my plans to one day submit a song that is guaranteed to get 0 points to PJ00s, then not submit my vote, and see how the score of 0 gets halved ddd.

15. I love how far away west coast Americans are. Starting work the same time British people are looking to clock off, working late into the night to keep the US economy going, and then going home and leaving comments all over pop music forums for the rest of the world to read when they wake up.

(Yes, I can do by 11:59 PST as that's well into tomorrow for me)

londonrain, chanex, Maki and 2 others like this.
  16. So a pretty nice round but several easy picks that several of us no doubt had on our own potential entry lists! Loving the girl group power this round and the nice foreign pop selections! PJ00 is so versatile!

Been jamming a lot to the amazing Stephen Simmonds lately! No doubt one of my favorite PJ00 artist discoveries ever! I love his music so much!

londonrain, Maki and berserkboi like this.
  17. One of the french entries certainly borrows heavily from this:

18. Voted last night and it was a real struggle to arrange my top 3, since all are excellent songs. In the end, I decided to give 8 points to a song I was already familiar with before this round. The entire top 10 is very strong and it's a pity some entries had to just miss out on points.

There's also one entry that lowkey scared me for a specific reason (I decided to include it among my honourable mentions ddd).

19. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Haven’t decided yet but probably around 8 pm GMT today.

If You Go, soratami, saviodxl and 6 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.