Winter is here...!
It's December, and Winter is definitely here. So: welcome to the Winter edition of PJ00s+, brought to you by @Ezz and myself. The main round will of course be without a theme, but the side contest will have Winter as its theme - more about that later.
As for the main contest, here are The Rules:
General inclusion/exclusion criteria for entries:
- must have been first released between January 1, 2000 and December 31, 2014
- no UK top 20 hits
- no US top 20 hits
- no tracks from a US or UK top 10 album
- no covers or prominent samples of famous songs
- no relatively famous/chart-successful cover versions of your desired entry (if it's the original version) recorded by a different act
- no songs (or covers of songs) that have competed in the Eurovision Song Contest (semi-finals or finals)
- relatively unknown/underrated on Popjustice - so as a general benchmark, nothing from an artist with more than 10 pages of discussion on PJ (across all their artist threads)
- no entry that has been previously entered in a previous round of PJ00s (list of past entries here), PJSC (list of entries here) PJ Retro (list of entries here), or PJXtra (list of entries here). Additionally, no entry that has been previously vetoed in PJ00s.
Songs that fail these criteria should be vetoed by the round host. Songs that pass these criteria should be PMed to the veto panel for their decisions, with at least a 2/3 majority vote required for a song to be be included in the contest.
Repeat artists guideline:
- The same act (in any form - solo, group, featured, etc.) cannot be entered for FOUR rounds since their last appearance (i.e., a non-winning round 8 act can be reentered no sooner than round 13, and in round 9, non-winning acts from rounds 1-4 are generally eligible again)
- For the winner of each round, that artist cannot be entered again (in any form - solo, group, featured) for the subsequent NINE rounds
- If the same artist wins TWO rounds of PJ00s in any form (solo artist, group, feature, etc.), that artist is no longer eligible for future PJ00s rounds
- You can award points to 10 entries per round. Award points ranging from 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 (with 12 points going to your favorite entry).
- Only people who submitted a participating song can vote.
- Entrants cannot vote for their own submission.
- All entrants who fail to vote by the host's deadline will have their final scores be cut in half.
- Participants who fail to cast their ballots by the voting deadline for two consecutive rounds, or for 3 non-consecutive rounds out of 5 sequential rounds, will be banned from entering the next 5 rounds
Send your entries in a PM to both @Ezz and myself before Tuesday December 13 at midnight (UK time!).
Format to send your entry:
- Your entry (in Artist - Song format)
- Link to entry on YouTube or similar
- Preferred Spotify link (or a note that it's not on Spotify, or shouldn't be included in the Spotify playlist for whatever reason)
Dates for the main round:
Submission: December 7 - 13
Voting: December 15-29
Results: December 30
(All deadlines close 11:59 PM UK time)