Hello and welcome to the 57th edition of the PJ00s+ song contest that celebrates the amazing underrated music of the earlier years of this century.
I @Untouchable Ace am here to host this special round after my 3rd win in this contest. However this is actually the first time after a few times co-hosting PJ00, that I'm hosting alone.
So to celebrate my recent win with Moto Boy, let's do as @A&E suggests and listen to the album.
The last time I hosted a round of PJ00s it was a relaxed round.
This is also a relaxed round as this may be the only contest that you can send and track that appeared on a top 10 UK or US charting album.
Please take your time to choose your submission wisely.
Please also make sure that your track does not violate another of our rules, that it does does not come from a Platinum certified album.
Your entry must have been first released between 01.01.2000-12.31.2014
- must have been first released between 01.01.2000-12.31.2014
- no UK top 20 hits
- no US top 20 hits
no tracks from a US or UK top 10 album
- no covers or prominent samples of famous songs
- no relatively famous/chart-successful cover versions of your desired entry (if it's the original version) recorded by a different act
- no songs (or covers of songs) that have competed in the Eurovision Song Contest (semi-finals or finals)
- relatively unknown/underrated on Popjustice - so as a general benchmark, nothing from an artist with more than 10 pages / 200 posts of dedicated discussion on PJ (across all their artist threads)
- no entry that has been previously entered in a previous round of PJ00s (list of past entries here), PJSC (see the wiki), or PJOPS (list of entries here; the '00s crossover round list can be found here). Additionally, no entry that has been previously vetoed in PJ00s (in general, these acts will most likely be vetoed again, unless the reason for the veto was that the song was previously entered in a different song contest).
Songs that fail these criteria should be vetoed by the round host. Songs that pass these criteria should be PMed to the veto panel for their decisions, with at least a 2/3 majority vote required for a song to be be included in the contest.
Repeat artists guideline:
- the same act (in any form - solo, group, featured, etc.) cannot be entered for FOUR rounds since their last appearance (i.e., a non-winning round 8 act can be re-entered no sooner than round 13, and in round 9, non-winning acts from rounds 1-4 are generally eligible again)
- for the winner of each round, that artist cannot be entered again (in any form - solo, group, featured) for the subsequent TEN rounds
- if the same artist wins TWO rounds of PJ00s in any form (solo artist, group, feature, etc.), that artist is no longer eligible for future PJ00s rounds
In keeping with the main theme of this round, we are going to explore some of the greatest, iconic and defining albums of the generation that spans our contest.
Album campaigns from 2000 to 2014.
What do the forum fandoms of PopJustice to the seasoned music critics have to say about these audial art pieces in pop?
Please submit your song to myself in a PM by 11.59 Wednesday May 31st.
Voting open until 11.59 Tuesday June 20th.
Reveals to be held after.