PJ00s XVII: The Fantasy Round | We have a winner! | And they all lived happily ever after. | Page 39 | The Popjustice Forum

PJ00s XVII: The Fantasy Round | We have a winner! | And they all lived happily ever after.

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by soratami, Jul 7, 2019.

1. I I knew that song really well but didn't even consider sending it in because I thought it would get destroyed in PJ00s. (Sadly, my favourite song by her - The Weakness In Me - was a UK #17 hit so wouldn't pass veto.)

Despite having won twice, I still don't know what the winning formula is for this contest, and I like it that way.

Eh, it's not that deep. Certain types of R&B do better than others, but in all seriousness we have had some classic-sounding R&B songs do surprisingly well (Teedra Moses' Be Your Girl comes to mind).

Choosing a song with 50% male vocals was probably what really sank After Party's chances.

ohnostalgia, Oleander, vague and 6 others like this.
  2. And I sent in a bit of an R&B song a few rounds ago and came 42nd... I do NOT trust the voters at all in this when it comes to that genre.
    I actually had it on my list of possible entries but never sent it for that very reason.

Oleander, vague, WowWowWowWow and 3 others like this.
  3. Oh and also, I have to second this. The Weakness In Me is one of my favourite songs of the 00s. Her vocal on it is insanely gorgeous.

vague, WowWowWowWow, soratami and 2 others like this.
  4. That's a bit funny as I started the contest with these stats in Round 1 and 2! (42-42) I had the dubious honour of maintaining my chart position ddddd

Oleander, vague, WowWowWowWow and 3 others like this.
  5. Let me add a link to encourage people to listen to it:

The original (by LGBT icon Joan Armatrading) is also beautiful:

6. I sent this to TCFKAPJOPS 12 and came 7th!!

Oleander, vague, soratami and 5 others like this.
  7. So I flopped...
    [​IMG]

But please listen to Tina's album. She flopped hard here and hasn't released anything of value since, but if you're into early Britney, this album's got some bops.

8. Good news! I have decided on my next entry! Expect me to @londonrain my way this round notwithstanding into the Top 10 next round!
    Host curse be damned!
    [​IMG]

ohnostalgia, Oleander, vague and 7 others like this.
  9. I think the last two rounds have proven the host's curse is a lie, given that out of the four host entries, the worst result was #11. Maybe the trick is that if you have a co-host the curse doesn't take effect.

[​IMG]
    I'm Misty, the host's curse is Gastly, and the cross is @Oleander.

ohnostalgia, Oleander, vague and 4 others like this.
  10. Tbh I think it’s always really been a winner’s curse, not a host’s curse. The stats back that up a bit more convincingly, with only a few winners swerving that fate.

ohnostalgia, Oleander, vague and 7 others like this.
  11. I agree (though watch me prove it wrong next round)! I did horribly with the Anime Round (I had won the previous round, Justice for TommyFebruary6!!!!!) but @Empty Shoebox did okay co-hosting with me...

12. Maybe the trick to doing consistently well is never actually winning.

ohnostalgia, Oleander, vague and 9 others like this.
  13. Well, I've got the second part nailed.

ohnostalgia, Oleander, vague and 9 others like this.
  14. Well excuse you. I have not done well in the contests I hosted despite not winning. Then again, I rarely do well so it is not out of character ddd

ohnostalgia, Oleander, vague and 6 others like this.
  15. My patchy-as-fuck history and lack of wins disproves this theory, also.

16. Doing consistently well is no fun anyway, you can't enter your flop faves or else you'll ruin it.

Here for this!

17. [​IMG]

18. I entered Amber Mark in PJSC and did really well. I entered JONES in that PJSC second chance round and I think I did well, too. The truth is you can't really rely on submitting something that you think the voters will be very receptive, too. Just look at my string of flops. Although, I genuinely love those songs so there really is no clear answer to the question of how does one pick a song to enter.

Me aligning myself with religion? That'snotrealistic.gif

Unless I were to do it in a Joan Osborne-like fashion.

19. The new thread will be opened very soon... or, better say, #soon!

20. Loving that winner's hustle, @Maki - can't wait!

Oleander, vague, OspreyQueen and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.