PJ00s XXX - Confession Time - WINNER!! | The Popjustice Forum

PJ00s XXX - Confession Time - WINNER!!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by berserkboi, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Confessions 5.png

Welcome to PJ00s XXX - The Confessions Edition!
    Taking inspiration from one of the best albums of the decade, your hosts found themselves confessing their sins to the nearest statue that would listen! Dddd

• must have been first released between 01.01.2000-12.31.2009
      • no UK top 20 hits
      • no US top 20 hits
      • no tracks from a US or UK top 10 album
      • no covers or prominent samples of famous songs
      • no relatively famous/chart-successful cover versions of your desired entry (if it's the original version) recorded by a different act
      • no songs (or covers of songs) that have competed in the Eurovision Song Contest (semi-finals or finals)
      • relatively unknown/underrated on Popjustice - so as a general benchmark, nothing from an artist with more than 10 pages of discussion on PJ (across all their artist threads)
      • no entry that has been previously entered in a previous round of PJ00s (list of past entries here), PJSC (see the wiki), or PJOPS (list of entries here; the '00s crossover round list can be found here). Additionally, no entry that has been previously vetoed in PJ00s (in general, these acts will most likely be vetoed again, unless the reason for the veto was that the song was previously entered in a different song contest).

Songs that fail these criteria should be vetoed by the round host. Songs that pass these criteria should be PMed to the veto panel for their decisions, with at least a 2/3 majority vote required for a song to be be included in the contest.

Repeat artists guideline:
    - the same act (in any form - solo, group, featured, etc.) cannot be entered for FOUR rounds since their last appearance (i.e., a non-winning round 8 act can be reentered no sooner than round 13, and in round 9, non-winning acts from rounds 1-4 are generally eligible again)
    - for the winner of each round, that artist cannot be entered again (in any form - solo, group, featured) for the subsequent TEN rounds
    - if the same artist wins TWO rounds of PJ00s in any form (solo artist, group, feature, etc.), that artist is no longer eligible for future PJ00s rounds

Since there were talks of accentuating the numerical XXX - Eric & I would like you to share some of your confessions with us - be they G Rated or XXX Rated, that's what the SPOILER option is for! Be inspired by @Doodvid in the LGBTQIA+ thread if you must! Dddd

You can PM these to us with your votes and we should be revealing then alongside. A picture of yourself from the decade - wearing your best dodgy fashions, in front of posters of your 00s crushes, confessing to statues?, using some obsolete technology etc would also be appreciated!

Side Theme - since only men ever manage to bring the Berserks the win (and Madonna is never seen without a bit of eye candy), we are celebrating the Male Hits of the 00s decade. Send through a song by a Male Solo Artist or Male Group (no female vocal parts please) and we will elect a winner Eurovision Style too! I'd recommend you send a song or man who would never pass VETO, so you don't waste a potential future entry.

Timelines:
    Submissions: October 4 - October 11
    Voting: Side Theme - til October 24 / Main Theme - til October 31
    Reveals: Side Theme - October 25 / Main Theme - November 1

Please PM both @Eric and @berserkboi

pop3blow2, Island, Oleander and 12 others like this.
  2. Ezz

Ezz

SONGLIST!

AnnaGrace - Let The Feelings Go
    Brooke Fraser - Lifeline
    C21 - All That I Want
    Camilla featuring Erick Sermon - Don’t Hold Back
    Camille - Ta Douleur
    CH!PZ - Cowboy
    Clazziquai Project - Stepping Out
    Daniel Mitsogiannis - Pame
    Dub Pistols feat. Lindy Layton & Rodney P - I'm In Love
    Edyta Górniak - Impossible
    Electric Six - Dance Pattern
    Gackt - Oasis
    Ha*Ash - No Te Quiero Nada
    Hannah - Shadow on the Wall [Riffs & Rays Radio Mix]
    Hello Saferide - San Francisco
    Human Nature - When We Were Young
    In This Moment - Violet Skies
    Kalafina - Progressive
    Kim-Lian - Damn You
    Laibach - Hell: Symmetry
    Lash - Take Me Away
    Late Night Alumni - Empty Streets
    Lucie Silvas- Something About You
    Maria - I Give, You Take
    Métisse - Boom Boom Ba
    Mindi Abair - On and On
    Mónica Naranjo - Kambalaya
    Nadia Ali - Fine Print (TyDi Remix)
    Nightwish - Amaranth
    Quench feat. Lisa Worley - Embrace the Sunshine
    Rin' feat. alan - Sennen no Niji ~thousand year rainbow~
    Rossa - Malam Pertama
    Sandrine - Trigger
    Shivaree - I Close My Eyes
    Single Gun Theory - Illusion
    The Mary Onettes - Puzzles
    The Naked And Famous - All Of This
    The Soviettes - ¡Paranoia Cha Cha Cha!
    Trolle//Siebenhaar - Not Good Enough
    Unsun - Whispers
    Vaishali Samant - Tu Tu Hai Wahi (Club Mix)

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

There were a couple of tracks that were unplayable for me, so make sure you have the Show unplayable songs option enabled within Spotify.

Not on Spotify

Quench feat. Lisa Worley - Embrace the Sunshine
    Single Gun Theory - Illusion

Other things to note!

Nadia Ali and Vaishali Samant: longer on Spotify but in these cases, we've used the link provided by the submitters.

If possible, use Spotify to play the Kim-Lian song as the YouTube Link skips about 45 seconds in.

Get your Eurovision style ballots to us via PM by October 31st!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  3. Ezz

Ezz

RESERVED

4. RESERVED

You can post now :)

5. So, does my confession have to be about something I did in the 00s too?
    Also, y'all will get to see me as a little kid so I hope you enjoy that.

6. Up to you when the confession is from I guess...

Can't wait to see a baby Graig!

Island, Maki, Filippa and 6 others like this.
  7. Okay good, cause I wanna share a XXX one and I obviously don't have any from the 00s dddd.

Not gonna lie, I was adorable haha.

Island, Maki, Untouchable Ace and 5 others like this.
  8. Ezz

Ezz

I'm super excited to see all the amazing fashions / Motorola flip phones / hair mascara / tales of writing love poems in gold pen while going through an "emo" stage!

livefrommelbs, Maki, Filippa and 5 others like this.
  9. Don't forget the tales of looking forward to the next episodes of Hannah Montana, Wizards Of Waverly Place, etc. while constantly binge watching Scooby-Doo and Spongebob.

Oh wait that'll just be me.

Also, dddd at the fact that this hasn't really changed except I'm not waiting for new episodes. Fuck growing up.

Phonetics Girl, Maki, Filippa and 4 others like this.
  10. Posting photo's of ourselves? Hmm, can't wait to see what some of you look like!

11. Ezz

Ezz

Ha! Same with me but it was teen dramas like Dawson's Creek or the latest S Club / Star Street / waiting for Steps to appear on weekend TV!

12. I must say - so far all the men/songs submitted for the Side Theme are 10/10 in my book! WeLoveToSeeIt.gif!

13. Translation: still not getting any points.

14. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

So the side theme can be literally any song by a male artist, no matter how successful, as long as it was first released in the 2000s?

15. Yes, but don't send something you could send to a regular round and pass with. It would be silly to waste a potential entry, especially when many others will grab famous songs/acts...

16. I have a confession: in the 2000s I was a Maroon 5 fan. They had great bops.
    Judge me.

17. Ezz

Ezz

Who didn't own Songs About Jane? It was everywhere!

18. This was (is) my fave. A song, a video, a man.

19. I have a confession to make: I don’t like Disco Down and Chocolate, but love Wow and Your Disco Needs You

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.