PJOPS 25 - COMPLETE! Bobbie Gentry victorious | The Popjustice Forum

PJOPS 25 - COMPLETE! Bobbie Gentry victorious

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by invertedbutterfly, Mar 14, 2016.

?

When would you like the reveal to take place?

Poll closed Apr 11, 2016.
  1. Tonight (Saturday 9th)

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Tomorrow (Sunday 10th)

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Next Thursday (April 14th)

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. invertedbutterfly

invertedbutterfly Moderator

[​IMG]

Hello! And welcome to the 25th (!) round of the Oldies Pre-Shit song contest.

I am your host, your friendly neighborhood invert(edbutterfly). And the theme of this round?

Songs about 'the arts'
    I was toying with the idea of a theme of 'songs about dancing', but that's sort of restrictive, and as someone who's always had a fondness for, say, songs about painting, this seemed like a cool idea.

As it's a slightly random theme, I'm hoping we can be somewhat non-restrictive in our interpretation, as I don't want anyone to feel put off because the theme is too difficult. So get your best thinking caps on and submit your favourite songs about dancing, singing, and indeed getting up and doing your thing. Or songs generally about music, the visual arts and architecture, film/theatre/acting, literature/books/the act of writing... Or why not get creative, and dig up a song about the culinary arts? Or I'm sure you can come up with something I haven't even thought of! Please do!!

I'm not setting a deadline just yet, as I need to try and get my head around how to work the timings of this in relation to The Other contest (there's something other than this?!). But considering how long it's taken me to find the time to get this far, I can't imagine you'll miss the entrance period!

THE RULES

Only songs released before January 1st 2000 are eligible. Entries will be submitted to the hallowed veto panel, whose job it is to weed out the songs too well-known. Top 10 hits on either side of the Atlantic are very unlikely to pass veto, and Top 20 singles are pretty unlikely too. Similarly, you probably won't get away with entering even an album track from a forum favourite. As such, if in doubt, you can always submit a backup entry.

I'll inform you if your song doesn't pass veto, and give you time to select something else. Please provide a working link (Youtube or whatever) when you PM your entry to me, as we all need to be able to hear your selection!

Eligibility hint: I don't think this would pass veto, despite not making the Hot 100:

ENTRY PERIOD ENDS 11:59pm GMT Sunday 27th March

VOTING PERIOD ENDS 11:59pm GMT on Friday 8th April

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    iheartpoptarts likes this.
  2. invertedbutterfly

ENTRANT LIST

Whoop woop! You've passed veto:

Russron
    Hudweiser
    Terminus
    Baby Clyde
    One Stop Candy Shop
    iheartpoptarts
    VivaForever
    Eric Generic
    Remorque
    Derek
    Sprockrooster
    KamikazeHeart
    Laurence Nope
    nnnumb
    invertedbutterfly
    Ironheade
    Zarjazz
    Hairycub1969
    unnameable
    ohnostalgia
    rawkey
    Zar-Unity
    New Flame
    Ray

Vetoed:

CorgiCorgiCorgi

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  3. invertedbutterfly

4. Oh my. Pumped and amazed.

YASSS at me having so much spare time in this week so can I dive DEEP in my musical library!

5. Loving the theme already!

invertedbutterfly likes this.
  6. Ray

Ray

Oh my Dog I am so excited about this. I'm going to spend the next few days looking for a worthy contender. Mike Oldfield's "Pictures In The Dark" would be perfect but I sent Oldfield last time so I guess it's not going to pass veto...

7. 2014

2014 Moderator

This is going to be fun!

8. Ray

Ray

OH NOOOOO MY PERFECT ENTRY CAME OUT IN MAY 2000

Zar-Unity and iheartpoptarts like this.
  9. After this round is complete there'll be a PJOPS Winner's Rate to celebrate 25 contests and crown the best of the best.

10. This is amazing.

This is me literally every other round.

WhenTheSunGoesDown and Ray like this.
  11. YES YES YES!

12. You make me feel like dancing...

I'm ready.

13. Oh, this is an intruiging theme! If @nnnumb was here, he'd submit Red Frame White Light, a song about a telephone box!

14. Or Depeche Mode - Monument.

This sounds interesting. I'll see if I can get some free time from my fantastically bad DIY (electrocuted myself last week!) to participate.

15. Why stop there where you could celebrate:

Solar energy
    Communicating by e-mail
    the destruction of nuclear bombs
    the life and then the mourning of a certain Catholic woman who is now a saint
    designer babies
    the pleasure of travelling on trains

Eric Generic likes this.
  16. Not to mention the experience of sailing on multiple areas of water....

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  17. then there's that place that you really don't want to go and explore as you never know where that will lead to…

and finally go off to out of space to stroll along some chocolate bar - yum!

Eric Generic likes this.
  18. Ray

Ray

Madonna?

19. Oh, I finally found my song. It's one I've loved for a long time, and it fits the theme in its own way (I think!).

20. I have two songs I could enter, but I don't think either would do well... Then again I've proven myself singularly inept at sussing out what will or won't do well!

Eric Generic likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.