PJOPS 32: from enka to sega - FINISHED! (results on pages 48-71) | Page 71 | The Popjustice Forum

PJOPS 32: from enka to sega - FINISHED! (results on pages 48-71)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by londonrain, May 25, 2017.

1. Okay we have two! I no longer own that particular feat.

2. Ray

Ray

Thank you for hosting and several near-heart attacks @londonrain! May your prize be the fact that your song is tied with "Uncle Fucker". A win for both of you!

berserkboi, Mina, Oleander and 4 others like this.
  3. @Eric Generic: Don't be too sad. I really love the guy's voice and I'm looking for a song only he sings on! So at least you introduced me to them!

4. I am also never speaking to that scoundrel @phoenix123 ever again, after he gave fucking Uncle fucking Fucker actual fucking points but not a single fucking point for The fucking Blessing. I fucking ask you, fuckers.

Mina, Zarjazz, Oleander and 4 others like this.
  5. I smell a fib. You bought Uncle Fucker didn't you?

Mina, Zarjazz, Oleander and 2 others like this.
  6. OK I'm new to this so have a lot of catching up to do with this thread. As much as I love my entry, I'm quite happy not to win, as I don't really feel I'm 'qualified' enough to host one of these...

But for y'all who liked my entry, an interesting (well, I think so) story on how I discovered the song, in early 2016... Every January, the Australian music video TV show rage re-air old music shows produced on the station, mainly from the 70s, 80s and 90s (mostly the 80s in recent years). In 2016, they re-aired a 1986 episode of Rock Arena, which focused on the music scene in Russia. Expecting it to be totally boring, I found this scene a highlight:

and wanted to know what the song was... so asked someone well-versed in Italodisco on another forum if he knew what it was, and thankfully, he did.

I don't think the 7" version does it justice though; you need to hear the full 12" version to appreciate it fully.

Mina, Oleander, ModeRed and 3 others like this.
  7. At least @D.F.P., @Ironheade and @Zar-Unity thought your song was worth including in their top four!

And it's not every PJOPS entry that gets this kind of compliment:

Mina, Oleander and Eric Generic like this.
  8. Ahhh, thanks! Yeah, the only duet on the album is Delta Rain, so I am guessing you will enjoy the rest of their album!

Mina, Oleander, Filippa and 1 other person like this.
  9. HOLY ACTUAL FUCK

MY GIRLS DID THAT

10. I forgot about @Zar-Unity 's positive reaction! That must have been last night.

Mina and londonrain like this.
  11. No I fucking well fucking did not, you fucker!

(I used to have the film on DVD).

12. Thanks @londonrain it was hilarious. Loved to be here!

Mina, rawkey, Oleander and 2 others like this.
  13. We never seem to give each other points. It's very strange.

Mina, londonrain and Eric Generic like this.
  14. Obviously the main plus point of this round was @londonrain 's extraordinary hosting and dedication to the cause.

15. Ray

Ray

Eric: "I guessed which song is Ray's"
    Eric: *does not give any points to aforementioned song*

[​IMG]

Mina, Oleander, londonrain and 4 others like this.
  16. THE CURSE HAS EVOLVED.

17. Tricks Of The Light was my #11. And I own it several times over on CD, so you can claim a moral victory!

Mina and londonrain like this.
  18. Amazing job hosting @londonrain. I, like @Sprockrooster, have my doubts that's exactly the order the votes came in but it kept things dramatic for sure. Shame the correct song didn't win though.

Mina, Oleander, londonrain and 2 others like this.
  19. I knew @londonrain would make it exciting, but this was beyond my wildest dreams. This was hosting done like a true pro. A complete thrill and all these teases and records you dug up before the results started. You got me on the edge of my seat several times. I sincerely hope you win again, cause this was stellar.

Me? I have to go back and really think my next entry more through than I did now.

Congrats @KamikazeHeart. I didnot vote for you, but I definitely grant you the victory!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.