PJOPS 37: Decade vs Decade! Winner revealed! | Page 13 | The Popjustice Forum

PJOPS 37: Decade vs Decade! Winner revealed!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by CorgiCorgiCorgi, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Besides my own entry, I know 7 of these already, and have heard another one once (but don't remember it well).

londonrain and CorgiCorgiCorgi like this.
  2. I was contemplating submitting a 70s song (though hadn't decided on which one), but in the end went with something I wanted to submit to PJOPS while I had the chance.

3. The first round for a while where I recognise none of the entries, and only a few of the artist's names. Really is going to be a level playing field for votes...

4. Will someone kindly make a Spotify list for this?

londonrain, soratami and berserkboi like this.
  5. 2014

2014 Moderator

WOW I'm excited!

6. invertedbutterfly

invertedbutterfly Moderator

Two artists I've entered in past rounds, and a song I've considered entering more than once.

They might be outliers, but it feels like this might be quite a me round.

I think I might know my '12' just by looking at the list, but as always I'm totally up for being wrong on that.

Or, what @2014 said - exciting!

7. I knew I was forgetting something! I'll get that posted ASAP.

8. SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

Songs missing:

- Idha - Sorry, Sorry

- Dove - Blow Your Mind (I could only find the instrumental!)

- Carola - When Two Worlds Collide

These songs weren't available on US Spotify, but I was able to add them to the playlist anyway. So if you're in the US, you'll need to look these up on Youtube.

- Bachelor Girl - Buses and Trains

- Jimmy Dean - Troll

- Stakka Bo, Naid, Titiyo and the Fleshquartet - We Vie

- Margaret Urlich - Number One (Remember When We Danced)

- Ruby Turner - I'm In Love

- Bonnie Bianco - Miss You So

9. Sorry @veto panel
    You know that Questo è Amore went to nr. 2 Billboard Charts in the version of Dean Martin? It's his signature song? Also a favourite of my mother :-). I think even my father likes this song ... So beware of me I know all those songs ...

I can't help myself I love it, too. And yes, I did not submit this one :-). Sorry for giving that away ...

10. That song was sent as a backup to another entry right at the end of the submission period so we might not have paid as much attention to it as we should have... I don't think anyone realised it was a sort-of cover.

11. The Dean Martin cover is super-famous - but surely the Italian language version is sufficiently little-known to anglophone audiences it deserves a shot in this round?

12. There were a lot of submissions, including back-ups. Too many, really. I mean, nobody wants the days of 19 entrants again necessarily, but the OPS is becoming a victim of its own popularity. As @soratami says, with the amount of tracks being sent for consideration, it's never going to be perfect.

13. I forgot to add one song to the Spotify playlist (La Dolce Vita by Anneli Saaristo) but it's there now.

So if you've already listened to the songs, make sure you listen to this one too!

And if I'm missing your song as well, shoot me a PM.

Eric Generic, londonrain and soratami like this.
  14. I'm kinda ambivalent to this but for whatever it's worth, the Dean Martin version isn't a cover, it's the original version. The song was first featured in one of his movies with Jerry Lewis and went on to be nominated for Best Original Song at the Oscars.

15. Thanks! Can you also please link this on page 1? (just for ease of finding later on if needed)

londonrain likes this.
  16. I think this is the most diverse round we’ve had in ages.

It’s also amazing.

Well done, everybody.

17. I haven't yet listened to the songs not on Spotify, but pretty sure I've got my 12 already.

CorgiCorgiCorgi and berserkboi like this.
  18. Voted already, but it was easy to find 10 awesome choices.

londonrain and berserkboi like this.
  19. I need your ability to finish things so swiftly!

20. I was working at home and it was dead quiet for a Monday.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.