PJOPS XI: Dance, Dance, Dance (Yowsah! Yowsah! Yowsah!) Edition - Ceremony at 8pm!!! | The Popjustice Forum

PJOPS XI: Dance, Dance, Dance (Yowsah! Yowsah! Yowsah!) Edition - Ceremony at 8pm!!!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Baby Clyde, May 17, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

Welcome to the 11th Edition of the Popjustice Oldies Pre Shit Contest or PJOPS for short. In the light of you all being foolish enough to let me win and thus host, the theme this time is 'Dance, Dance, Dance (Yowsah! Yowsah! Yowsah!).

[video=youtube;gy2ut2Q4q-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy2ut2Q4q-A[/video]

That's right folks I want dance choons. But not just house and disco it could be 'Rumba and Tango, Latin Hustle, too'. I don't care what type of dance it is as long as the music was specifically made to dance to. Remember Glenn Miller was 'dance' in his day.

Whilst it probably won't be a vetoing offence I would urge you to try and enter actual 'dance' songs by 'dance' artists. I don't want this to be like the Grammy's hopeless 'Best Dance Recording' award, which given out to the likes Janet, Britney, Justin and Gaga because they've released a song with a bit of a beat to it.

Standard PJOPS rules apply I.E. NO SONGS FROM THE YEAR 2000 ONWARDS YOU WILL BE VETOED IF YOU DO SO basically anything pre 2000 counts. Obviously don't enter very well known groups e.g Abba, The Beatles, Spice Girls, The Supremes etc as they will be vetoed.

- When submission opens you must PM the host which is myself your entry including a link to listen to the song (Youtube/Soundcloud etc) in the following format:

Artist: (Name of Artist)
    Song: (Song Title)
    Link: (Youtube/Soundcloud link)

- Submission Updates will be posted here on the first page and you will be notified by PM if your entry is vetoed. If you are vetoed you may pick another entry.

- When submisson closes voting will then commence you must send your votes in a Eurovision format:

12 points (Your Favourite)
    10 Points
    8 Points
    7 Points
    6 Points
    5 Points
    4 Points
    3 Points
    2 Points
    1 Points (Least Favourite)

Then no points for everyone else and obviously don't vote for your own entry.

- You must not reveal your entry until voting closes and you must not talk about your votes until the host has revealed them.
    - Non voting will result in your score being halved and disqualification from the next contest.
    - The winner of this contest will be given the opportunity to host the next round though this is not compulsory and this may be passed on to the runner(s) up and so on.

Submission: Saturday 17th May - Sunday 25th May
    Voting: 27th May - 4th June (This may get extended when it turns out I have no idea what I'm doing.
    Results: Fuck Knows.

I would like to thank Sophia for stealing this template. As you can tell this edition is going to be a very high tech affair with me using all of the very latest computer wizardry to keep you all dazzled (Or maybe in keeping with the PJOPS ethos just a pen and paper).

Get submitting!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  2. Re: PJOPS XI: Dance, Dance Dance (Yowsah! Yowsah! Yowsah!) Edition -

And Eric I did promise you 'Legs'................

[video=youtube;j0mO6bGtXlE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0mO6bGtXlE[/video]

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  3. Re: PJOPS XI: Dance, Dance Dance (Yowsah! Yowsah! Yowsah!) Edition -

When you are assigned a dance craze you have been approved!!!

If you are not approved you will get the dreaded veto!!!

If you're 'pending' we're still discussing you.

2014 - The Jerk
    Auntie Beryl - The Twist
    Baby Clyde - Ooops Upside Your Head
    Chanex - Breakdance
    Charley - The Locomotion
    Derek - The Shimmy
    DJ Hazey - YMCA
    Eric Generic - The Birdy Dance
    Hudweiser - Hitchhike
    iheartpoptarts - The Hokey Cokey
    imaduck - VETOED
    invertedbutterfly - The Lindy Hop
    JamesJupiter - The Bump
    KamikazeHeart - The Macarena
    Keifer3194 - Gangnam Style
    Laurence Nope - The Limbo
    mump boy - The Best Part of Breaking Up
    nnnumb - Dutty Wine
    Omar God - Morris Dancing
    phoenix123 - The Hucklebuck
    Russron - The Charleston
    SophiaSophia - The Madison
    strangekin - Voguing
    Totto - Barn Dance
    VivaLaBextor - Agadoo
    WowWowWowWow - The Shag

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  4. Re: PJOPS XI: Dance, Dance Dance (Yowsah! Yowsah! Yowsah!) Edition -

1 - Nnumb - Sphinx - What Hope Have I
    2: James Jupiter - Tina Cousins - Forever
    3: Charley - Petra - Laat Je Gaan
    4: Eric Generic - Sleeque - One For The Money
    5: KamikazeHeart - Leila K - Electric
    6: VivaLaBextor - Ta Mara and the Seen - Everybody Dance
    7: phoenix123 - Paul Hardcastle feat Carol Kenyan - Don't Waste My Time
    8: Hudweiser - Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
    9: strangekin - Nöel - Dancing is Dangerous
    10: 2014 - Mr President - When The Sun Goes Down
    11: Wowx4 Lonnie Gordon - Gonna Catch You
    12: Auntie Beryl - Baby Ford - Chikki Chikki Aah Aah
    13: OmarGod - Cassius - Feeling For You (Les Rythmes Digitales Remix)
    14: Russron - Dolores Vargas - A La Pelota
    15: iheartpoptarst - Killer Bunnies - I Can't Take the Heartbreak
    16: mumpboy - Praxis feat Kathy Brown - Turn Me Out
    17: Laurence Nope - Newcleus - Space Is The Place
    18: Baby Clyde - Rageous Projecting Franklin Fuentes - Tyler Moore Mary
    19: DJ Hazey - Koko - Open Your Eyes
    20: Chanex - Peter Schilling - The Different Story
    21: SophiaSophia - Love Decade - Is This A Dream?
    22: Derek - Me & My - Dub-I-Dub
    23: invertedbuttefly - Jomanda - Got a Love for You
    24: Totto - Total Touch - Touch Me There
    25: Keifer3194 - Pulse - The Lover That You Are

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  5. Re: PJOPS XI: Dance, Dance Dance (Yowsah! Yowsah! Yowsah!) Edition - Submissions Open!!!

Well then - a theme with a bit of a challenge. I'll have to dig for this one!

6. Re: PJOPS XI: Dance, Dance Dance (Yowsah! Yowsah! Yowsah!) Edition - Submissions Open!!!

Really???

I specifically chose this because it would be easy (And fun).

7. Re: PJOPS XI: Dance, Dance Dance (Yowsah! Yowsah! Yowsah!) Edition - Submissions Open!!!

Maybe I could try submitting Neoton Familia again.

8. Re: PJOPS XI: Dance, Dance Dance (Yowsah! Yowsah! Yowsah!) Edition - Submissions Open!!!

This is my new favourite thing!

I actually have a couple of immediate ideas for this theme, which is better than I normally manage.

9. Re: PJOPS XI: Dance, Dance Dance (Yowsah! Yowsah! Yowsah!) Edition - Submissions Open!!!

I thought I would put my artistic skills to good use.

It was supposed to be a man with an afro dancing but my friend Clews just told me it looks like a Russian cossack.

10. Re: PJOPS XI: Dance, Dance Dance (Yowsah! Yowsah! Yowsah!) Edition - Submissions Open!!!

Amazing.

This is going to be fun! I'll channel my inner funky monkey and scour all my dance/groove compilations....

11. Re: PJOPS XI: Dance, Dance Dance (Yowsah! Yowsah! Yowsah!) Edition - Submissions Open!!!

Ooh I like this theme so much I already entered the tightest funk song ever last time... Can I just do it again - with a bit more DANCEY video to boot:

[video=youtube;q-B0UZaNRjA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-B0UZaNRjA[/video]

12. Re: PJOPS XI: Dance, Dance Dance (Yowsah! Yowsah! Yowsah!) Edition - Submissions Open!!!

I'm getting entries already.

How exciting!!!

13. Re: PJOPS XI: Dance, Dance Dance (Yowsah! Yowsah! Yowsah!) Edition - Submissions Open!!!

Amazing.

I was stymied for a minute and half-prepared to submit an Archies flop, but then I remembered a choon off one of my dad's 45s I listened to as a child...

14. Re: PJOPS XI: Dance, Dance Dance (Yowsah! Yowsah! Yowsah!) Edition - Submissions Open!!!

That category is just woeful.

The list of genre defining dance acts that have won include those above (Justin has won twice????) as well as Rihanna, Kylie and The Baha Men. Gloria Estefan has been nominated along with Lionel Ritchie, Enrique Iglesias, Jennifer Lopez, Mika!!!

It's like Paul Potts winning in the 'Opera' categories.

I'll let Madonna and Cher off because at least they specifically made dance albums even if they are popstars.

Things have got better in recent years but for the first decade it was a complete mess.

15. Re: PJOPS XI: Dance, Dance Dance (Yowsah! Yowsah! Yowsah!) Edition - Submissions Open!!!

Gloria and Kylie have made actual dance records and had a strong influence on the field (at least in the US), but "Come Into My World" isn't a dance track, like, at all.

16. Re: PJOPS XI: Dance, Dance Dance (Yowsah! Yowsah! Yowsah!) Edition - Submissions Open!!!

Submitted.

Fingers crossed Eric doesn't try to veto me as usual.

17. Re: PJOPS XI: Dance, Dance Dance (Yowsah! Yowsah! Yowsah!) Edition - Submissions Open!!!

So strange, I was just thinking dance would be a great theme!

18. Re: PJOPS XI: Dance, Dance Dance (Yowsah! Yowsah! Yowsah!) Edition - Submissions Open!!!

It will be a close run thing. I'm just annoyed you entered it before I did.

19. Re: PJOPS XI: Dance, Dance Dance (Yowsah! Yowsah! Yowsah!) Edition - Submissions Open!!!

Great entries so far by the way.

I'll start sending them out to the veto panel in batches as soon as I get a few more.

20. Re: PJOPS XI: Dance, Dance Dance (Yowsah! Yowsah! Yowsah!) Edition - Submissions Open!!!

I wish people uploading video/audio clips to YT would actually take the trouble to check they are okay first! I had to mess Mr C around because my original video was a vinyl rip that started buggering up 95% of the way through.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.