PJRetro 69 - The 60s Face The 90s! Le Thème de RETRO 70 Se Dévoile! | The Popjustice Forum

PJRetro 69 - The 60s Face The 90s! Le Thème de RETRO 70 Se Dévoile!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by berserkboi, Sep 12, 2021.

1. [​IMG]
    Bienvenue à la 69e édition de notre concours Rétro!

We have collectively decided that we should commemorate this momentous round with music from the 1960s or 1990s! Decades quite far apart, which should bring us our most eclectic Songlist yet!

Please send us one of your cuts from either decade and let's get this party on the road!​

Rules:
    You submit a song, the veto panel reviews your submission, and you’ll hear back if you’ve successfully passed. Once the song list is revealed, you listen to all of the other entries and put together a Eurovision-style ballot ranking the 10 songs you think most deserve recognition with point values as follows:

12 points (your favorite song goes here)
    10 points
    8 points
    7 points
    6 points
    5 points
    4 points
    3 points
    2 points
    1 point (your least favorite song of your top 10 goes here)

You cannot vote for your own entry, you don’t know who submitted the other songs, and only those who have entered a song may submit a ballot. Contestants who enter a song but don’t vote will have their points total halved as a consequence. The ballots are revealed one by one at the end, and whoever accrues the most points wins the round.

Critères that will absolutely result in a veto
    FOR THIS ROUND ONLY: Song was not released in the 1960s or 1990s
    • Song was already entered in a previous round of any of the PJ song contests
    Click here for the list of previous PJOPS/PJ Retro entries
    Click here for the list of previous PJSC entries
    • Song peaked within the top 10 on the UK or US singles chart
    • Song is a cover of or contains a prominent sample of a UK or US top 10 hit OR was covered/prominently sampled in a song that was a UK or US top 10 hit
    • Act has 25 pages or more of discussion on the forum
    • Act was entered in the previous round
    • This includes any related solo or group acts to an act that was entered in the previous round (ex. Gwen Stefani and No Doubt, in an alternate universe where either of them could actually pass the veto criteria)

Critères that will also be taken in consideration for veto purposes
    • Song is from an album that peaked in the top 10 on the UK or US albums chart
    • Song is from a Platinum- or Gold-certified album in the UK or US
    • Song peaked between #11 and #20 on the UK or US singles chart
    • Song was a major hit in other big music markets (France, Germany, Japan, etc) and/or in multiple countries
    • Act has 15-24 pages of discussion on the forum
    • Song is by an act who had major success in the UK or US
    • Act has been entered multiple times in this contest

Sources to check your entry before submitting:
    - Discogs.com, ideal to check your desired entry was released in the 1960s or in the 1990s

Now, since 69 has other connotations and we are a bunch of humans who enjoy an innuendo or two (just look at some winners we have crowned in the past)

(You will grow in the palm of my hands ~ Promises, promises @berserkboi!)

(Check out the buttocks towards the end, @soratami was not playing that round)

(Suddenly I lose my self-control, Feeling things that only lovers know ~ indeed @Jeffo!)

(I am just a red brassiere, To all the boys in town ~ TMI @Untouchable Ace)

(You can lose yourself in pleasure, Till your body's going numb ~ This explains why @unnameable sometimes goes days without logging in, I guess!)

(All above said with love!)

If you would like to send your favourite hit {I say HIT as you can keep your obscure fave for a Song Contest, maybe even this one!} with some sort of sexual element to go with your ballot when it is revealed - please feel free to PM it through with your entry!

I have a ghostwriter/trainee in @ohnoitisnathan this round, who will watch how things are done behind the scenes and possibly use this experience to bring us the long awaited Aussie Classic Rate!! Please PM us both with your entry when you are ready.

Dates:
    Submission: 12/09 - 19/09
    Voting: 19/09 - 02/10
    Results: Probably 03/10 unless something above changes​

2. Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  3. I would have rather had the relaxed theme, but this was my second choice in the poll so I can't complain.

4. Glad that the theme I contributed to won the poll, hehe.

Now, I'm having a lot of trouble choosing a song, since 60s and 90s are the most represented decades on my potential submissions list... Can I submit a song for each decade?

5. 9 entries so far!

And 5 of them are from the same YEAR

[​IMG]

Keep them coming!

6. Oh, for fuck's sake!

Filippa, Cotton Park, Maki and 2 others like this.
  7. The 60s face the 90s?

Rachel.let'sfaceit.ezgif.com-optimize.gif

8. Being torn between submitting a song you think should do well vs. one you really like that could possibly struggle to land a top 20 placement...

9. Please join us for this momentous round of PJRetro, mes amis!

Get inspired by the Best Selling Song of 1963:

@londonrain
    @citoig
    @nnnumb
    @br0dy
    @sometimesxtc

The best selling song of 1996 may also prove some inspiration:

10. Not being used as a side theme entry, as I entered it in PJOPS 2

Sadly Marc Almond's continued release of new music means Soft Cell gets vetoed every time I try to enter them into PJ retro (first two albums), PJ00s (third album), PJSC...

Filippa, londonrain, soratami and 3 others like this.
  11. A 95 remix of an 80s song with a 60s title?

12. Side theme of 'sex' songs?

Tries to think...

Well, you can't go past this one:

13. Please join us for this momentous round of PJRetro, mes amis!

Get inspired by the Best Selling Song of 1964:

@rawkey
    @Derek (wanna make it a tradition that I host, and you win?)
    @WowWowWowWow
    @ohnostalgia
    @evilsin

The best selling song of 1995 may also prove some inspiration:

Filippa, Phonetics Girl, Maki and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.