PJSC 103 - IT'S IMA2014; WINNER REVEALED!!!!! | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

PJSC 103 - IT'S IMA2014; WINNER REVEALED!!!!!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by 2014, May 31, 2021.

1. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Ddddd I can tell exactly who sent in Lea Sirk.

How did Hasta La Vista make it in? It was Serbia’s official Eurovision entry last year.

2. Well, it's a bit of a tricky one, but with Eurovision 2020 not actually having taken place, Hasta La Vista doesn't really have the same level of exposure as a regular Eurovision entry.

Maki and berserkboi like this.
  3. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

On the forum we still talked about it as much as we do the regular Eurovision entries, though… and we even had our Eurovision rate as normal last year.

If Maruv’s Siren Song was too big for PJSC, it seems weird for the Eurovision 2020 songs to be allowed.

4. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Just in case anyone has started listening to the Spotify playlist or the list I'd posted, a song I accidentally missed off has just been added in!! Best wishes xx

berserkboi and londonrain like this.
  5. No songs missing from Spotify by the looks of it. Just how I like it

6. I second this, although Hasta La Vista is a bop. If I knew that Eurovision 2020 songs would have that flexibility due to the event not happening last year, I'd consider some entries myself...

Also, how many times is Robin Packalen going to be entered? In such a short period of time! Love the twink guy, but maybe the sender should've waited a bit to enter him again.

7. A band that is so popular with PJ Retro voters they got vetoed. Broke my heart to tell someone that a B-side by their fave was vetoed.

berserkboi and londonrain like this.
  8. One of these songs is currently on the radio 1 playlist does that still affect veto? Only because I always consider that when submitting and if its not a big factor, that would be good to know.

9. I wouldn't say it's quite the same situation as Siren Song, as that song and the whole drama surrounding it made a lot of waves even it if didn't appear on Eurovision, while Hasta La Vista is just one of the tens of songs that were planned for Eurovision 2020, there isn't anything that noteworthy about it. Sure Hasta La Vista might be popular with Eurovision fans, but then again so are a good share of national selection songs that don't make it through (Cicciolina for example), and those aren't vetoed either.

That said, in retrospect I'm not 100% sure passing Hasta La Vista was the right call, mostly because it'd be a bit lame if people just decide to submit a bunch of Eurovision 2020 songs next round.

berserkboi, If You Go and Maki like this.
  10. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Eurovision 2020 theme for PJSC 104 confirmed.

11. If people have an issue with Eurovision 2020 songs passing and/or if people go overboard submitting them next round, we'll just veto them, so don't be getting ideas y'all nn

12. I just looked at the rules again; ESC songs are in theory only vetoed in 'their' ESC year, if Eurovision is still going, or in the 'cycle' of national selections (ie December-March). So in June, even official entries (Hi Albina!) would be eligible. But in practice, some songs are of course popular on the forum which would be reason to veto them, like with Siren Song. I remember being surprised when I got vetoed for that song, but in hindsight, did understand why it got vetoed.

13. I'd like to have a word with the person who submitted an inferior version of a good song.

14. If it's the same one I'm thinking of, it's SO winning.

Untouchable Ace, Maki and berserkboi like this.
  15. Well I'm out for the count this round..but here are my thoughts..
    So I love Sarah Kinsley, whoever submitted her knew exactly what
    I was looking for, so there would be my 12 easy. She is beautiful and
    has a very lovely voice! Her music is so dreamy and uplifting! The king
    is a good introduction to her music but after I found her song "Karma",
    that was when I was really impressed! Look below for the video.

Then I delightfully re-discovered Lexie Liu (which I passed on before) which is
    actually very up my alley of interest now! Her soothing sexy voice, the
    colorful and sharp production and the adventurous soundscapes, wow!

And some of you might remember me silently introducing her music
    to you back in round 89, with her song "holy", which was very poorly
    received. Hoping this time with the more upbeat and catchy "algtr"
    that she will do better. Who ever thought that Chinese-English pop rap
    could work? I had to be convinced twice before I accepted it.

I didn't even see this thread go up on the forum until the last day, then
    my song got a instant veto (Dubstar) and I was away dealing with family..
    but I got a few perfect songs lined up for next round. So see you then.

Thank you for the wonderful music! Some other possible great contenders
    I liked include..

Tiana blake, Crystalyne, The Volunteers, Molly Sanden

I love this song and the video for it!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    CorgiCorgiCorgi, Conan and londonrain like this.
  16. I see definitely less familiar names this time than in previous round so I guess it's a good sign.

Conan likes this.
  17. Looking at the list, there are some familiar names for sure, but apart from that Eurovision song, I'm not familiar with any other entries.

18. Feeling the side effects of Pfizer today, so the list came at a good time.

19. jtm

jtm

I feel the same about Keiino. I love the song but it‘s I think more well known than Norway‘s actual ESC entry and we had them on four or five rounds ago so I really don‘t feel like handing out points to it.

Veeis and daninternational like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.