PJSC 103 - IT'S IMA2014; WINNER REVEALED!!!!! | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

PJSC 103 - IT'S IMA2014; WINNER REVEALED!!!!!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by 2014, May 31, 2021.

1. I know how you feel….

Phonetics Girl and Cotton Park like this.
  2. How much time do we have left to vote for the Legends?

soratami and TéléDex like this.
  3. Okay but do you like it?
    If I genuinely like a song I don't get why I should "punish" it by not voting for it just because it's perceived more popularly than other songs.

Edit: I hope that didn't come across as bitchy as it sounds to me re-reading it. I didn't mean to come on so strong, just wondering.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  4. Seriously though why was Dubstar vetoed? Is there some PopJustice specific reason because I have definitely never heard of them.

Zar-Unity and Untouchable Ace like this.
  5. Presumably because their general discussion thread is 24 pages long.

Carel, londonrain, Zar-Unity and 3 others like this.
  6. Y'all remember that time I got vetoed with a Hellogoodbye song because they had one hit a long time ago but then a few rounds later David Archuleta passed?

7. Just a quick one, there is likely to be an extra song added to list tomorrow after a resubmission never got resubmitted. Bear with!

You will have until Sat morning for legends round 1

8. Nobody remembers.

9. (jk y'all, don't take it too seriously)

10. Oh to have the pleasure of discovering Dubstar afresh. One of the most underrated bands of the 90s and their album ‘Disgraceful’ is perfection. This Best Of showcases some of their highlights (‘Ghost’ is a lost classic)

Lead singer Sarah fronted Popjustice electropop darlings Client in the 00s and then regrouped recently with Dubstar, arguably minus the brains behind the music, as a duo.

They’re lush. Although the new material hits nowhere near the peaks of their imperial phase.

11. It was a rhetorical question. I remember and that's all the matters.

Just kidding, just being messy because that seems to be today's theme.

12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

VOTE UNTIL: 26TH
    VOTES REVEALED: 27TH

GO GO GO!!!!!!!

13. Has the last song been added?

14. Omg this round is amazingly strong, muh song will totally get lost in the shuffle, i hate it here!

And even as a self-professed Eurovision ignorant I realised I had heard 'Hasta La Vista' before. Better than anything they came up with this year teebs (which ain't saying much ddd)

londonrain, berserkboi and Maki like this.
  15. Well, it's not on the veto sheet yet!

If You Go, berserkboi and Maki like this.
  16. jtm

jtm

Not bitchy, no worries. It will get points depending on whatever else is on the list. I was just a bit frustrated that songs no one here has ever heard fall under the veto rules while this one which is probably well known to at least half the voters here because of ESC gets a pass. It‘s just weird. But yes, I‘ll vote fairly and the song is a 10/10 for me, as was Bulletproof a few months ago.

17. 2014

2014 Staff Member

18. Oooo really strong Legends round.
    Mine is still the best one xx.

19. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

@Doodvid, weren’t you also going to run a Dubstar rate?

20. *trumpet noises*

The votes have been counted, Jan Olaf Sand who was recently promoted to head of Legends Vote Counting after his long tenure in a smaller role has deemed the results "passable" so let's get on with it!

[​IMG]
    *nb we flipped a coin for any ties that needed to be broken - Bear is asleep and I'm not fool enough to wake him.

SPORT ANAL-SIS TIME

Demi & All Saints look the strongest, but the draw has been unkind and both sit in the top half.

Dani Is the strongest contender in the bottom half but will have to get through both Rihanna, Katy & Miley in a tough section of the draw.

So let's get the knockout stages underway! And don't forget the losers Melee, at least half of them are out of the window in a couple of days when voting closes!

VOTE NOW

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.