PJSC 106 - PJCHILLIN' - COMPLETE! | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

PJSC 106 - PJCHILLIN' - COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Cotton Park, Aug 28, 2021.

1. COTTON'S CHILL QUEENS: #8 - caro♡

I think it was @Andy French that first introduced me to caro♡ - as the lead singer for PC_Music's first actual band, Planet 1999. caro♡ is so layed back and chill that some of her music could almost be described as melodic white noise - and I know there are some white noise enthusiasts among us.​

2. [​IMG]
    Good morning everyone, wherever you are.

I hope you're staying chilled and relaxed and ready for another leaderboard update.

Remember this from round 104?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm declaring it now. @Hurricane Drunk is up there with the greats in the history of this contest. With another 2 medals (and @Derek taking a round off but still pretty in silver) he pulls further ahead in total.

At the other end @Up N Down is already a powerhouse, winning within their first 2 attempts at the contests (I nearly did it, getting 2nd in my 2nd contest.)
    That's hard to get.

[​IMG]

@imaduck worked really hard (in terms of the contest) to climb back onto the podium for the first time since last year after his epic fall last place earlier in the year.
    Rounding out the 600s at #4 is @WoW73 who also has his first medal the most successful remix of the year.
    @Phonetics Girl is still consistent and only just got to #4 but is the highest without a medal.

[​IMG]

In the middle I'm predicting wins or big peaks for @Rogue, @livefrommelbs, @iheartpoptarts, @Maki, @Conan and @K94.

[​IMG]

@saviodxl I'm so sorry that you're not trying to be @Filler, but you're both the lowest rated members from all rounds so far. I feel guilty that I can rest on my January win but your December win doesn't get referenced here.
    You deserve a Quarter Past Four siesta.

[​IMG]

@Zar-Unity is officially back but already skipped one round, stick around longer okay.
    Also could someone remind @vague, @pop3blow2, @BubblegumBoy and @jtm to finish their rates and come back?

[​IMG]

Take it easy everyone, do what relaxes you.

3. [​IMG]

I would not have known how to do that. Thank you, @Untouchable Ace!

Give me time. (And a win, obviously. I still don't know how to do that, either.)

4. Is the voting period longer than usual or am I just organised for once?

5. I'd love to tell you that you're organized for once.

6. I have only 5 entries left to hear. Does this apply to me, then?

7. That was a classic.

And after that it only went downhill nn. Hopefully this round will be the beginning of my recovery

8. I can't wait for the "from Up to Down" jokes after this round.

9. Love these statistics @Untouchable Ace! I spent a long morning the other day compiling who had given me points and who I've given points to. At the end of the year I might do some kind of Eurovision style post.

Also... coming for my first top 10 placement this month!

10. COTTON'S CHILL QUEENS: #7 - Suran

K-Indie icon Shin Su-ran, better known as Suran, breast cancer survivor and one of the most unique voices from the far east. I cannot count the hours spend dreaming and disconnecting to her dreamy sultry songs.

11. I tried to make a shortlist and it's 23 songs long. You all brought it this round!

12. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

@Cotton Park, your playlist appears to be missing Priya Ragu's Lockdown and has included Reiley's Let It Ring (Disco Killerz Remix) instead. I'm going to assume @Up N Down has it right on his playlist...

13. This unfortunate situation has been repaired. Apology letters are forthcoming.

14. Wait does this mean Let It Ring isn't participating?

15. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

It would appear not. It’s definitely not on the voting form.

16. Ok I thought I'd voted for it, but it was actually my #11

In my votes I said I wish the sponsor had sent the excellent original

serves me right for being organised

Cotton Park, Maki, If You Go and 2 others like this.
  17. The Reiley song was what I first sent but changed it. The remix is how I discovered the song and for me the original doesn’t bop as hard. Hope everyone enjoyed this accidental bonus track x

18. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Let It Ring trying to figure out why it’s getting points when it’s not in the round:

19. As my commentary says: I wish the sponsor had sent the original - much more annoying/irresistible

The whole point of this hellish song is the Apple ringtone beat that I cannot get out of my head

20. UPDATE EDIT: All songs appear to have votes.

I'm still squinting and trying to understand the algebra behind this whole thing.

[​IMG]

Time to think about voting if you haven't already!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.