❃ PJSC 113: APRIL FOOLERY ❃ Reveals done! | The Popjustice Forum

❃ PJSC 113: APRIL FOOLERY ❃ Reveals done!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by soratami, Apr 1, 2022.

1. [​IMG]

Welcome to PJSC 113: April Foolery! With the first Friday of the month (ie the day each round of PJSC is supposed to start) falling on April Fools Day, I thought it would be appropriate for the theme to be based on that. And rather than going with anything particularly complicated or involved, the theme is very simple: simply share your favourite funny videos/memes/pictures/posts/stories/tweets/gifs/etc in the thread! This is meant to be a fun, entertaining theme everyone can enjoy, so it goes without saying, but let's avoid anything offensive/gross please, this is a classy joint after all. Also, despite the theme, anyone who thinking be funny to submit a joke entry will have their score halved, just a heads up.

Now let's just go over the usual rules:

Submissions
    If you wish to enter a song, please use the form at the link at the end of this post.

Your song will then be judged by the veto panel. If it scores 3 "Yes" votes it will go through to the contest.

If you are vetoed, you will need to resubmit an entry. I'll PM you if this happens. Send your back up entry via the form, and then reply to my PM to let me know that you have done so.

To check if your song has been entered before, please use the PJSC Song List spreadsheet that you can access here.

Things that will effect your veto score, but not necessary mean you are vetoed:

- Previously submitted artist (3 being generally the upper limit unless significant time has passed)
    - Doing well in a previous round
    - Forum threads or discussions (generally under 10 pages is ok, but not in all cases)
    - Double submission of song
    - Multiple submission of artist
    - Reality TV contestant
    - Notable personalities (who aren't necessary singers)
    - Mentions by PJ on social media (but not on the website)
    - Features in PJSC song of the week or featured in spotify playlist
    - Blog precence (non PJ)
    - Large view counts on youtube (no exact science here, but upload time and international audience are taken into account)
    - Big artist in another country
    - Lesser hits / album tracks from well known K-Pop acts
    - People with features on hits
    - Covers of lesser known songs
    - Samples of lesser known songs
    - Artists that have had minor UK hits
    - Vocalists from featured producer songs (e.g. A*M*E from 100%)

Things that will cause you to be vetoed:

- Winners of the PJSC
    - An artist that has been entered within 3 contests (Artist entered on contest 1 is banned from 2,3 & 4, becoming eligible during contest 5)
    - An artist that has been vetoed previously (Artist vetoed on contest 1 is banned from 2,3 & 4, becoming eligible during contest 5)
    - Songs that have already been entered
    - Songs from artists with large PJ thread (20+ will usually be vetoed, but not in all cases)
    - Songs that have entered the UK top 40
    - Songs from artists that have had significant UK hits
    - 3 or more submissions of that song
    - A song that is featured on the front page (in a solo article) in the last 3 months (another song by the artist or remix of the same song can be chosen and may clear veto)
    - Songs involved in the current Eurovision cycle up to and including the month of the contest (even if the contest is cancelled, original dates are respected)
    - Songs that have significant (non regional) radio play (check this via http://comparemyradio.com/)
    - Covers of well known songs
    - Samples of well known songs
    - Big hits / big singles from well known K-Pop acts
    - Major K-Pop acts (2NE1, f(x), SHINee, Girl's Generation)

Voting
    After the song list is revealed you must submit your votes using the voting form (TBC), using the traditional Eurovision style points system (12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1) with the top marks going to your favourite, and 1 going to your 10th favourite. You cannot vote for your own entry.

Submit your song HERE
    Entry: 01/04 - 08/04 23:59 BST
    Voting: 09/04 - 25/04 23:59 BST
    Reveals: 26/04

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  2. ❗❓RESERVED❗❓

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  3. Wait at the emoji I put in the title looking completely different on laptop and on mobile...

4. Fun theme!
    [​IMG]

5. My life is a joke so I'm ready!

[​IMG]

6. I'll start with the funniest, most rewatchable and most quotable series of videos on Youtube, one which most people here have probably already watched, and anyone who hasn't really should fix that:

A PJ classic for a reason.

7. jimbo-drag-race.gif

Who already submitted that vetoed song in!?

8. No-one so far, I think most people are aware it'll just be vetoed again this round if they do ddd

9. Ok sending that in along this new Harry Styles single

clown-twerk.gif

Untouchable Ace, citoig, Maki and 2 others like this.
  10. Sis, you got the months wrong again

11. I copied that from last round's post and basically just moved everything one day forward (01 instead of 02, etc), but clearly forgot to replace 03 with 04 in all but the first date dd

Untouchable Ace, Maki and berserkboi like this.
  12. So berserky woke up at 5 AM on a Saturday to submit a song? Next Level Dedication

13. I feel like I have a winner on my hands, but maybe it’s just a song I’d 12! Dd

Thanks in advance for what will probably be a joke result xx

14. For those interested in the day - here’s a little article about how the French treat this day. We call it Poisson D’Avril (April Fish) in French!

15. And we have our first repeat entry

[​IMG]

16. [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.