HAPPY PRIDE everybody!
It's the most wonderful time of the year, and no, I'm not talking about Christmas. Even though June is Pride month, I figured we should try to make it last a little bit longer. I'm not going to make this too complicated: share well known or lesser known anthems that you associate with Pride, stories about queer right activists people might not have heard about or your own uplifting stories associated with Pride. You can post as little or as much as you like - the most important thing is that this is supposed to be fun! PM me and then I'll post it during the voting period and during the reveals.
And here are the rules. Same procedure as every round:
If you wish to enter a song, please use the form at the link at the end of this post.
Your song will then be judged by the veto panel. If it scores 3 "Yes" votes it will go through to the contest.
If you are vetoed, you will need to resubmit an entry. I'll PM you if this happens. Send your back up entry via the form, and then reply to my PM to let me know that you have done so.
To check if your song has been entered before, please use the PJSC Song List spreadsheet that you can access here.
Things that will effect your veto score, but not necessary mean you are vetoed:
- Previously submitted artist (3 being generally the upper limit unless significant time has passed)
- Doing well in a previous round
- Forum threads or discussions (generally under 10 pages is ok, but not in all cases)
- Double submission of song
- Multiple submission of artist
- Reality TV contestant
- Notable personalities (who aren't necessary singers)
- Mentions by PJ on social media (but not on the website)
- Features in PJSC song of the week or featured in spotify playlist
- Blog precence (non PJ)
- Large view counts on youtube (no exact science here, but upload time and international audience are taken into account)
- Big artist in another country
- Lesser hits / album tracks from well known K-Pop acts
- People with features on hits
- Covers of lesser known songs
- Samples of lesser known songs
- Artists that have had minor UK hits
- Vocalists from featured producer songs (e.g. A*M*E from 100%)
Things that will cause you to be vetoed:
- Winners of the PJSC
- An artist that has been entered within 3 contests (Artist entered on contest 1 is banned from 2,3 & 4, becoming eligible during contest 5)
- An artist that has been vetoed previously (Artist vetoed on contest 1 is banned from 2,3 & 4, becoming eligible during contest 5)
- Songs that have already been entered
- Songs from artists with large PJ thread (20+ will usually be vetoed, but not in all cases)
- Songs that have entered the UK top 40
- Songs from artists that have had significant UK hits
- 3 or more submissions of that song
- A song that is featured on the front page (in a solo article) in the last 3 months (another song by the artist or remix of the same song can be chosen and may clear veto)
- Songs involved in the current Eurovision cycle up to and including the month of the contest (even if the contest is cancelled, original dates are respected)
- Songs that have significant (non regional) radio play (check this via http://comparemyradio.com/)
- Covers of well known songs
- Samples of well known songs
- Big hits / big singles from well known K-Pop acts
- Major K-Pop acts (2NE1, f(x), SHINee, Girl's Generation)
After the song list is revealed you must submit your votes using the voting form (TBC), using the traditional Eurovision style points system (12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1) with the top marks going to your favourite, and 1 going to your 10th favourite. You cannot vote for your own entry.
Submissions: 01/07 - 09/07
Voting: 10/07 - 24/07